ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions on ILR Set(O)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

suravakonda
Newly Registered

Questions on ILR Set(O)

Post by suravakonda » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:42 pm

Dear All,

In two weeks time, I have an appointment booked at Croydon PEO for ILR Set(O). Can any one of you help me with below questions? Thanks for reading and replying.

1. Myself and my dependants don't have BRP (and no biometrics taken with earlier applications). Should I book a different appointment for biometrics when/before going for ILR interview?

2. While counting absences in UK, should I count initial delay of 35 days that I took to enter UK after my first entry clearance was granted? (I discussed about this delay earlier in different thread, where I was advised that caseworker "may" accept the application by considering this delay into 180 day total absence out of UK).

3. Should we print the application and other copies of documents in colour / black only? And should we print the application double sided / single sided? Any preference for case workers?

4. I was thinking the payment would be made after the case worker confirms the application is complete. But some of the posts in the forum seem to suggest otherwise. Can anyone please confirm the order in which payment, review of application form/docs is done? In summary, do I risk losing money if things go pear shaped?

5. co-habitation proof for spouse. Should letters/documents contain both the names of primary applicant / spouse? How many documents for each year to be enclosed? And for what duration?

6. Some of the applicants on the forum suggest to include salary proof / P60 for entire 5 year duration. It is not asked in the application. Why is it required? Do the case workers generally ask these extra documentation?

Thanks for reading so far :)

Sri

avtarjain1980

Re: Questions on ILR Set(O)

Post by avtarjain1980 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:42 pm

dear suravakonda, I am answering you on base of this forum only [No experience yet - sorry]

1. Myself and my dependants don't have BRP (and no biometrics taken with earlier applications). Should I book a different appointment for biometrics when/before going for ILR interview?
NO - It is part of PEO (I have confirmed it with UKBA over phone)

2. While counting absences in UK, should I count initial delay of 35 days that I took to enter UK after my first entry clearance was granted? (I discussed about this delay earlier in different thread, where I was advised that caseworker "may" accept the application by considering this delay into 180 day total absence out of UK).
No idea

3. Should we print the application and other copies of documents in colour / black only? And should we print the application double sided / single sided? Any preference for case workers?
Black copy will work. Double/Single both will work but I am preferring Single for me

4. I was thinking the payment would be made after the case worker confirms the application is complete. But some of the posts in the forum seem to suggest otherwise. Can anyone please confirm the order in which payment, review of application form/docs is done? In summary, do I risk losing money if things go pear shaped?
Croydon definetely take Payment first and then they check your application. In solihull CW first check the application and then ask you to do the payment. But I am not sure if in solihull they ask Payment after all kind of verifications or after just basic checks.

5. co-habitation proof for spouse. Should letters/documents contain both the names of primary applicant / spouse? How many documents for each year to be enclosed? And for what duration?
Last two years documents - containing either both name or two documents with individual names. Documents should be spreaded across these 2 years. at least 6-7 proofs from at least 3 different sources will suffice. In my suggestion collect a lot and keep in extra folder if in case needed. Search this form for cohab proofs you will find a lot of clues. Also check exact requirement on UKBA website.

6. Some of the applicants on the forum suggest to include salary proof / P60 for entire 5 year duration. It is not asked in the application. Why is it required? Do the case workers generally ask these extra documentation?
People were frequently asked for P60s - Just one or ALL depends on CW. Not sure why CW ask this.

I would appreciate if any senior member can read and confirm my answers.
cheers
AVTAR

suravakonda
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by suravakonda » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:41 am

Thanks Avtar...any one has experience with bullet 2?

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue May 01, 2012 9:58 am

Suravakonda: the answer to your 2nd question is ‘no, you don’t need to count the initial 35 days as part of your 180 days allowance in 5 years’.

suravakonda
Newly Registered

thanks

Post by suravakonda » Tue May 01, 2012 4:29 pm

Cheers linkers. That's very useful.

suravakonda
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by suravakonda » Wed May 16, 2012 7:27 pm

Thanks for your help linkers and avtar. My ILR application went through successfully today at Croydon.

apsaps

Post by apsaps » Thu May 17, 2012 10:36 pm

Congrats man ..even mine was successful on 16th , Croydon !

suravakonda
Newly Registered

Post by suravakonda » Fri May 18, 2012 5:08 pm

Thanks and congrats to you too! Maybe we would've seen each other on 16th :).

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon May 21, 2012 10:43 am

Congrats suravakonda !