ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) - Dependant Child

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jsamuel
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (General) - Dependant Child

Post by jsamuel » Thu May 17, 2012 4:44 pm

Hi,

I need to apply for a dependant visa for my newborn son from India. He is just one month old. Do I need to take him along to the VFS centre at the time of application or could I submit the documents myself (being the main applicant).

Your inputs are needed.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu May 17, 2012 4:48 pm

You can go alone

jsamuel
Newly Registered

Post by jsamuel » Fri May 18, 2012 6:17 am

I had sent an email to VFS in India yesterday and they have replied saying that everyone applying for their visa have to be present physically.

The questions I asked were:

1) Is it mandatory for infants (2 month old) to look at the camera with eyes open for the photographs?

2) Is it mandatory to bring the infant child (2 month old) to VFS center for application?

3) Is it mandatory for the main applicant / dependant partner to submit the application on behalf of the infant child (2 month old) ? Could a relative, submit the application and fee on behalf of the infant?

The answers I got from VFS:

1) The children below 5 years are exempted from providing Biometrics data ( Finger prints and digital photograph).

2) All the applicants need to visit the VFS application centre in person while submitting their online filed visa application.

3) It is advisable that the children is accompanied with their parents at VFS application centre while submitting their visa application..

jsamuel
Newly Registered

Post by jsamuel » Fri May 18, 2012 6:19 am

I am a bit confused with the answers. Please share your thoughts.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Fri May 18, 2012 6:34 am

why dont u call VFS again and confirm
Give me more Karma (+)

travelvisamanila
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 (General) - Dependant Child

Post by travelvisamanila » Fri May 18, 2012 8:43 am

jsamuel wrote:Hi,

I need to apply for a dependant visa for my newborn son from India. He is just one month old. Do I need to take him along to the VFS centre at the time of application or could I submit the documents myself (being the main applicant).

Your inputs are needed.

Children below 7 years old are not required to appear at VFS or Embassy for the visa application and interview.

Tier1(G)
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (G) dependants

Post by Tier1(G) » Fri May 18, 2012 9:07 am

All,

I am applying just for my daughters visa from India as my Tier 1 dependant, could you all who have successfully applied for dependant visa for childrens under 5years old could share their experience including the documents required?

I am in UK from past 4years does that mean I have to show maintenance funds for dependants as only £600 (new ruling), because I get confused when I read that clause in the policy documents it states migrants who are less than 12months in uk should show £1600 for dependants, now in my case is migrant the main applicant (myself) although i have already got my visa valid till 2014 or my daughter?

Your advise/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri May 18, 2012 9:34 am

You are the main applicant being referred to (although not the actual applicant for this particular application).

jsamuel
Newly Registered

Post by jsamuel » Fri May 18, 2012 10:03 am

Another email to VFS and another reply:

Thank you for contacting VFS UK visa helpdesk.

With regards to your query, please be informed that every applicant who is submitting a visa application must attend the visa application centre in person. Children under 5 years need to attend, but are not require to provide their biometric data. Children under 16 years need to be accompanied by an adult and this cannot be a member of VFS staff.

jsamuel
Newly Registered

Post by jsamuel » Fri May 18, 2012 10:04 am

Could someone please share their recent experience of applying for a childs dependant visa from India? That would be really helpful.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri May 18, 2012 10:05 am

Thousand already have shared their experience if you care to search the forum.

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Fri May 18, 2012 10:09 am

jsamuel wrote:Could someone please share their recent experience of applying for a childs dependant visa from India? That would be really helpful.
Hello jsamuel
One of my friend whose baby is 11 months old sent an email to VFS mumbai asking the same question. This was in February 2012. VFS Mumbai replied back to her saying that she does not need to bring the infant. Unfortunately after two days of confirming this, she went for her appointment and was told by the lady on the desk that she had to bring her child. My friend even showed them the print out, but she said the rule has changed. So its best you contact your local VFS (email and phone) and confirm this. Unfortunately VFS Mumbai can be worse than UKBA when it comes to giving the right information.

jsamuel
Newly Registered

Post by jsamuel » Fri May 18, 2012 10:38 am

silent_warrior wrote: Hello jsamuel
One of my friend whose baby is 11 months old sent an email to VFS mumbai asking the same question. This was in February 2012. VFS Mumbai replied back to her saying that she does not need to bring the infant. Unfortunately after two days of confirming this, she went for her appointment and was told by the lady on the desk that she had to bring her child. My friend even showed them the print out, but she said the rule has changed. So its best you contact your local VFS (email and phone) and confirm this. Unfortunately VFS Mumbai can be worse than UKBA when it comes to giving the right information.
Thanks mate ! You are a star :) That is what I wanted. I did not want to go to VFS and then get to know that I had to bring the child along for the application process.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I did search the forum but I did not find what I was looking for and hence I asked for personal experiences.