ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR- Went to Premium but CW didnt proceed it.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RajuT

ILR- Went to Premium but CW didnt proceed it.

Post by RajuT » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:12 pm

Hi all,

I had booked for Premium service in Solihul on 22 March. 2009 i had lost my passport . I got my new passport and TOCs in the new passport.
But the CW didnt proceed my application since she said they dont have access for the entry details in the country. I was disappointed and tried to convince the CW but CW told me to apply through post.
Came back home and applied through post. And my current Tier 1 visa gets expired on April 30, 2012.

I have explained in detail while sending it to HO through covering letter.
I dont know how long should i wait for

My first entry was on 17 April 2007 on Work permit.
I switched my visa to Tier 1 30 April 2009.
Lost old passport in October 2009.

Any more information related to me would be more informative to me ...

rajesh321
Newly Registered

Checks

Post by rajesh321 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:26 am

Many people who got more than 180 days out of country do try this way ( get new passport) so they make sure that this is no the case.

Unfortunately it happens fr genuine applications as well

I am not expert but believe your postal application would take more than normal time (around 2 months) as they need to verify entry and exit details.

RajuT

Post by RajuT » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:48 am

thank you Rajesh,

Wish i would have done more research before directly going to premium.... i knw i should wait now....

thanks for suggestions,,,,it kinda gives little relief

Smam

Post by Smam » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:02 am

Hi RajuT

That's the most simple reason mate that the UKBA has refused to give you the ILR at your PEO appointment. But I am sure you'll definitely get your ILR they'll do a little bit of enquiry reg your Entry and Exist in the country that's all. They never ever refused to give you the ILR. I am pretty sure that you'll get your ILR soon.

Good luck for your ILR.

RajuT

Post by RajuT » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:40 pm

thanku smam

im just waiting, mean while i have asked for SAR from HO, so was thinking when i get that i can send that too as supporting document

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:48 am

You had more chances of your application being considered if you had gone to Croydon as that’s the Head Office of UKBA and they have more senior case workers than any other PEO.

I have seen in Solihull that people with little complications have been told to apply by post as they (Solihull) don’t have Level-7 CWs.

Looks like that apart of Croydon, all PEOs are not refusing many applications as they either don’t have access to the full system or they don’t have senior enough case workers to handle any application which is not straight forward. In most cases they ask the applicant to apply by post or visit Croydon.

I have seen a lot of people on this forum getting ILR approved in 10-15 minutes in Solihull but again if you think your application is not straight forward (absences are more than 180 or lost passport etc) then either go to Croydon or apply by post.

I remember few more people where they were not seen at Solihull and were told to apply by post, but some of them went to Croydon and got their application approved with no issues.

RajuT

Post by RajuT » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:26 am

Thank you so much, I tried again for PEO after Solihul but there was nothing available for a month, I should have done this before since i didnt knew...

thanks again for your reply.... i am waiting now for letter from HO for acknowledgment letter.
linkers wrote:You had more chances of your application being considered if you had gone to Croydon as that’s the Head Office of UKBA and they have more senior case workers than any other PEO.

I have seen in Solihull that people with little complications have been told to apply by post as they (Solihull) don’t have Level-7 CWs.

Looks like that apart of Croydon, all PEOs are not refusing many applications as they either don’t have access to the full system or they don’t have senior enough case workers to handle any application which is not straight forward. In most cases they ask the applicant to apply by post or visit Croydon.

I have seen a lot of people on this forum getting ILR approved in 10-15 minutes in Solihull but again if you think your application is not straight forward (absences are more than 180 or lost passport etc) then either go to Croydon or apply by post.

I remember few more people where they were not seen at Solihull and were told to apply by post, but some of them went to Croydon and got their application approved with no issues.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:49 pm

That’s true RajuT; it’s very hard to book a slot on a short notice. I know people who are booking a second appointment for Croydon (using a separate email address), just in case if things go wrong at Solihull or Sheffield, so they can give Croydon a try.

RajuT

Post by RajuT » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:34 am

Also I need one more information,
I had got job offer elsewhere, how to convince them that I have applied for ILR . Hope there will be no problem , will they agree?
Any suggesstions please

srirags

Post by srirags » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:05 am

RajuT,

I'm stuck in very similar situation. My ILR is due soon and my passport got lost in royal mail transit (while renewing my expired Indian passport).

Can you please advise me how much time it takes to get the TOC if I apply in person. Guidance note states that if it is not a straight forward case, it takes more time irrespective of PEO appointment. Not sure how the lost passport case will be considered.

Also I need to apply for new Indian passport which I will be doing it as soon as possible.

I've seen that I need get a letter from UKBA for confirming non-acquisition of British nationality for getting Indian duplicate passport. Can you please help me how you did that. Please help.

Bit worried now and it has become a nightmare to me now. Please advice.

Thanks in advance

RajuT

Post by RajuT » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:47 am

Hi Sri,

I am sorry to hear about your passport. I did following inorder to get the TOC on new passport.

Police Complaint
1) I have given police complaint in online saying I have lost my passport
2) Some one called from Police station regarding complaint, I said I would need a crime registraion number hence raised a complaint.
3) send me crime reference number in post.

New passport:
I have applied new passport using the police complaint and photo copy of old passport.

TOC:
Booked an appointment on Croydon PEO
I had carried payslips, bank statements, new passport, old passport photocopy, police compliant.

Caseworker only asked me application form, new passport, photo copy of old passport, police compliant.

After a while called me for biometric and then gave a letter saying that I would get BRP in 7 days.

I hope you already registered a compliant with police station, if not, please do so its an important to get new passport as well getting your TOC on new passport.

And for TOC please go for the same day service, dnt do it on post....that will take long time.
If you need any more information please do ask
Regards,
Raju

srirags wrote:RajuT,

I'm stuck in very similar situation. My ILR is due soon and my passport got lost in royal mail transit (while renewing my expired Indian passport).

Can you please advise me how much time it takes to get the TOC if I apply in person. Guidance note states that if it is not a straight forward case, it takes more time irrespective of PEO appointment. Not sure how the lost passport case will be considered.

Also I need to apply for new Indian passport which I will be doing it as soon as possible.

I've seen that I need get a letter from UKBA for confirming non-acquisition of British nationality for getting Indian duplicate passport. Can you please help me how you did that. Please help.

Bit worried now and it has become a nightmare to me now. Please advice.

Thanks in advance

srirags

Post by srirags » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:05 am

Raju
Thanks for responding back. I logged a complaint to the nearest police station and they have given me a lost reference number.

I asked for crime reference number but he mentioned that as no crime has committed, he can only log it as a lost case and gave a slip that has the lost reference number. Is this suffice?

Regarding my old passport, I have the last page (which has got my photo and the passport number), visa pages. I don't have the first page (which will have the address). Am I fine here?

Also, I checked the CGI site to apply for new Indian passport and it has mentioned to get a letter from the Immigration and nationality service to prove that I'm still Indian national. Do I need to get anything like that.

How much time it took you to get a duplicate indian passport

Thanks in advance.

RajuT

Post by RajuT » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:55 am

For letter from Home Office you need to send a letter for confirmation of not acquring UK Citizenship, i think there is a form in UKBA Website which you need to send filling it which they will send it back to u, along with 80 pounds fee.

Also for passport i went it person for Indian Embassy along with self addressed speed delivery to send ur new passport.

It took 7 days for the new one to arrive.

You should have the address page, you can check with the Indian Embassy
srirags wrote:Raju
Thanks for responding back. I logged a complaint to the nearest police station and they have given me a lost reference number.

I asked for crime reference number but he mentioned that as no crime has committed, he can only log it as a lost case and gave a slip that has the lost reference number. Is this suffice?

Regarding my old passport, I have the last page (which has got my photo and the passport number), visa pages. I don't have the first page (which will have the address). Am I fine here?

Also, I checked the CGI site to apply for new Indian passport and it has mentioned to get a letter from the Immigration and nationality service to prove that I'm still Indian national. Do I need to get anything like that.

Thanks in advance.

RajuT

Post by RajuT » Fri May 18, 2012 6:39 am

Hi Srirags

How you doing? any update from your end?

srirags wrote:Raju

Thanks in advance.

barker

Post by barker » Fri May 18, 2012 9:41 am

RajuT wrote:Also I need one more information,
I had got job offer elsewhere, how to convince them that I have applied for ILR . Hope there will be no problem , will they agree?
Any suggesstions please
You should get a certificate of application from UKBA. You can submit this along with a copy of your visa to the employer as proof that you have applied. They can then submit your details to the ECS at UKBA and get confirmation on you eligibility to work in the UK. Pretty straightforward and employers generally get confirmation within a weeks time

RajuT

Post by RajuT » Fri May 18, 2012 10:00 am

thanks barker

By God's grace my new employee is ok with me to work since the HR has sent the letter to HO and they replied that i can work

mean while its been 8 weeks since i applied for SETO, got biometric letter on may 7th.

Now waiting everyday... :)

Also i had one more query regarding the SETO, the HO do have all the access about our entry details isn't it? I had lost my oldpassport but i have sent the copy of my lostpassport. Just I have this question in my mind. Please give me some reply on this.

Thanks

zishi

Post by zishi » Fri May 18, 2012 10:04 am

What does a certificate of application states? and how do you apply for one? Is there a form that needs to be used and how long it takes?

I may in a similar situation in a few weeks time where my employer would say that my visa is expiring and I will need something to prove that I am still eligible to work while my application for ILR is being processed.

Thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 18, 2012 10:15 am

zishi wrote:What does a certificate of application states? and how do you apply for one? Is there a form that needs to be used and how long it takes?
I guess barker meant "a written communication / letter" stating that your application has been received and also states an application reference number. Everyone whose in-person application is deferred receives one.
zishi wrote:I may in a similar situation in a few weeks time where my employer would say that my visa is expiring and I will need something to prove that I am still eligible to work while my application for ILR is being processed.
Reading this topic should help.
Last edited by geriatrix on Fri May 18, 2012 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 18, 2012 10:18 am

RajuT wrote:Also i had one more query regarding the SETO, the HO do have all the access about our entry details isn't it? I had lost my oldpassport but i have sent the copy of my lostpassport. Just I have this question in my mind. Please give me some reply on this.

Thanks
Yes, they would .... but in absence of the passport used for such exits / entries, it is understandable that they would undertake some checks ... rather than making a decision based on mere photocopies (which anyone with skills can create).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri May 18, 2012 10:20 am

RajuT wrote:thanks barker

By God's grace my new employee is ok with me to work since the HR has sent the letter to HO and they replied that i can work

mean while its been 8 weeks since i applied for SETO, got biometric letter on may 7th.

Also i had one more query regarding the SETO, the HO do have all the access about our entry details isn't it? I had lost my oldpassport but i have sent the copy of my lostpassport. Just I have this question in my mind. Please give me some reply on this.

Thanks
note that the fact you have applied for a SAR may delay your application because the data protection unit will have to request your file from the casework team.

RajuT

Post by RajuT » Fri May 18, 2012 10:30 am

yes greenie,

I got my SAR, but not much info in it. Its the documents related to my previous applications, my work permits ...

I am kinda tensed now..

But I guess i have to weight now

manasa
Newly Registered

Post by manasa » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:43 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
RajuT wrote:Also i had one more query regarding the SETO, the HO do have all the access about our entry details isn't it? I had lost my oldpassport but i have sent the copy of my lostpassport. Just I have this question in my mind. Please give me some reply on this.

Thanks
Yes, they would .... but in absence of the passport used for such exits / entries, it is understandable that they would undertake some checks ... rather than making a decision based on mere photocopies (which anyone with skills can create).
Amy updates on your application Raju??

manasa
Newly Registered

Post by manasa » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:43 pm

sushdmehta wrote:

Thanks

RajuT

Post by RajuT » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:52 pm

manasa wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:

Thanks
No Manasa
Have done my biometrics
But after that no reply

RajuT

Post by RajuT » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:57 pm

Greenie wrote:
RajuT wrote:thanks barker

Thanks
;

Hi Greenie

I got the SAR long time back, I have done my biometrics in may,.
It's been 4 months now since I applied, do u think they 'll delay my application furthermore
Now they r processing Feb seto.
Should I call them or wait?
Thanku

note that the fact you have applied for a SAR may delay your application because the data protection unit will have to request your file from the casework team.