ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

passport returned

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

markyk
Newly Registered
India

passport returned

Post by markyk » Wed May 16, 2012 3:00 pm

hello every one , me n my wife applied for eea1 and 2, i being an indian and she hungarian on 12/3/12 .in next couple of weeks royal mail declared that my parcel is lost n i applied for a new passport.. suddenly one day i called ukba and they said they have my passport and so i requested it back.. i got the passports with a letter saying do not send them until requested ..
now today my embassy cancelled the old passport that i got from ukba and they say to use the new one... my concern is should i send it to ukba because the data that they have is of diffrent passport than the new on.................
plz helpppppppppppppppppp

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Wed May 16, 2012 4:43 pm

well if your passport is cancelled my friend you need to write a cover letter to HO explaing why it has happend and then resend your new one even if you have letter saying DON't send anything.

When you will have your turn for EEA stamp etc they will need your passpwrd and obviosuly they dont gonna work on expired one and they wont or they might not use your new passport if they were not aware of it beforehand.

ps you need to send your cancelled passport as well to HO

Punjab
BANNED

Re: passport returned

Post by Punjab » Wed May 16, 2012 4:45 pm

markyk wrote:hello every one , me n my wife applied for eea1 and 2, i being an indian and she hungarian on 12/3/12 .
just couldnt stop smiling.. so you become indian and she become hungarian on 12.3.12 he he

take care :lol:

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Thu May 17, 2012 4:30 pm

Punjab wrote:
markyk wrote:hello every one , me n my wife applied for eea1 and 2, i being an indian and she hungarian on 12/3/12 .
just couldnt stop smiling.. so you become indian and she become hungarian on 12.3.12 he he

Nothing funny, you illiterate lowlife, your attempt to pick on someone's English clearly backfired. To any literate person it is clear what he meant and there is no space for ambiguity. If you place a comma after "hungarian" you will see what he meant.

As for OP original question, when and if HO request your passport, send in both but first take the old one to your embassy to annul it. There are different ways embassies annul passports, some punching a hole in it, others cutting about 1/4 of the photo page off. But in any case, you will get it back. Then send both old and new passports to ukba and that's it.

I wouldn't worry about it as they may well not even request your old passport back and the residence cards do not bear passport numbers and can be used with any passport. They only have your nationality, dob and issue/expory date.

P.S. ignore the punjab troll

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Fri May 18, 2012 11:06 am

mcovet wrote:
Punjab wrote:

Nothing funny, you illiterate lowlife, your attempt to pick on someone's English clearly backfired. To any literate person it is clear what he meant and there is no space for ambiguity. If you place a comma after "hungarian" you will see what he meant.

boy o boy some one don't like humour :roll:

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Fri May 18, 2012 1:56 pm

easy mcovet, punjab did make a mistake, no need to go ballistic on him, calm down, no way does this show he is a lowlife, he might have a kiddish sense of humor thats it.
mcovet wrote:
Punjab wrote:

As for OP original question, when and if HO request your passport, send in both but first take the old one to your embassy to annul it. There are different ways embassies annul passports, some punching a hole in it, others cutting about 1/4 of the photo page off. But in any case, you will get it back. Then send both old and new passports to ukba and that's it.

I wouldn't worry about it as they may well not even request your old passport back and the residence cards do not bear passport numbers and can be used with any passport. They only have your nationality, dob and issue/expory date.

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Fri May 18, 2012 2:21 pm

I would have ignored it if it wasn't for the fact that he has had numerous ridiculous posts in the past and this one is another ridiculous attempt to bite the OP. It's not his first similar post. Anyway, I should have ignored it, but I just don't like people living throwing stones while themselves living in a glass cave.

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Fri May 18, 2012 2:48 pm

mcovet wrote:I would have ignored it if it wasn't for the fact that he has had numerous ridiculous posts in the past and this one is another ridiculous attempt to bite the OP. It's not his first similar post. Anyway, I should have ignored it, but I just don't like people living throwing stones while themselves living in a glass cave.
I BELIEVE IF ONE IS LIVING IN A GLASS CAVE HE SHOULD CHANGE THE CLOTHES BY SWITICHING OFF THE LIGHRS... TAAA DUMMMMM.

ANYWAY MATE ENJOY EVERYMOMNET AND SHOULDN EVER MISS A CHANCE WHERE YOU CAN DO FOUR THINGS FREELY

SMILE LAUGH SHOUT AND CRY

ABOUT LOWLIFE THING... I FORGIVE YOU,