ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for elderdy dependant

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

greazedlightning
Newly Registered

ILR for elderdy dependant

Post by greazedlightning » Fri May 18, 2012 3:46 pm

I'd like to seek your advise regarding ILR application for my father. He is 79 years old.

Situation is as below:
I am a British citizen - naturalised in 2008
Since my mother passed away last year in May, my dad has been alone in India.
I brought my father with me to UK in May last year on visitor visa, after 5 months of stay he went to US to be with my brother.
He is now in India. My brother does not want to take care of him anymore.
I now want to apply for his ILR, so that he can be with me, I can take care of him and that he does not have to travel in and out frequently on visitor visa.

He is a goverment pensioner and does not depend on me for money. I can provide very little proof of this.
We have some relatives in India but nobody really wants to take care of him.

I think the only way he can get his ILR is on compassionate grounds. He is blind in one eye and almost blind in the other. He has been diagnosed with dimentia. He needs to be with me so I can look after me.
I have a own house in which he can live in a room of his own etc. all facilities will be provided.

Please let me know your advise about the approach I need to take to apply for his ILR.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: ILR for elderdy dependant

Post by Lucapooka » Fri May 18, 2012 11:06 pm

greazedlightning wrote: I think the only way he can get his ILR is on compassionate grounds.
I tend to agree and you should speak to an immigration lawyer or advisor on the best approach with regard to credible official evidence of his circumstances.

greazedlightning
Newly Registered

Post by greazedlightning » Thu May 24, 2012 5:35 pm

I am told that the applicant cannot travel when the application is under process (which could take 3 months or more), is this correct?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu May 24, 2012 5:44 pm

Like any visa application, the passport remains with the visa section until a decision has been made.