ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage Certificate Query !

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aragon

Marriage Certificate Query !

Post by aragon » Fri May 18, 2012 6:39 pm

Hi All,

I have to clarify 1 query regarding marriage certificate. Me and my wife, got married in April 2004 in India. It was a religious ceremony and the marriage certificate was issued by the Hindu Body. This is Certificate 1.

We came to UK on Working Holiday Visas after that. And in November 2004, we got married here in Local registrar office. So I have got this another certificate for marriage which also states that we have previously been married in India under hindu ceremony. This is certificate 2.

I have used Certificate 1 during my wife's Tier 1 dependant visa in August 2009. I know, I should have used cerficiate 2. But I didn't had cerficate 2 at the time of her application with me. She left it back in India during our short visit. Anyway, my question is as follows:

Can I use Cerficate 2 during her extension application? Its a legite document, but I am worried since I have used Certificate 1 in the initial application, which they might have a record of. Will Certificate 2 cause any concerns?

And for everyone thinking why I am not using Cerficate 1 this time again. I have lost it. Its not me actually. My baggage was lost when we made a trip to India by Air India and never recovered it. And its a lengthy process to get another marriage certificate in india which I didn't had time for during our visit this year.

Sorry for such a long story. Thanks for reading. Any help is much appreciated.

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Re: Marriage Certificate Query !

Post by silent_warrior » Fri May 18, 2012 7:00 pm

aragon wrote:Hi All,

I have to clarify 1 query regarding marriage certificate. Me and my wife, got married in April 2004 in India. It was a religious ceremony and the marriage certificate was issued by the Hindu Body. This is Certificate 1.

We came to UK on Working Holiday Visas after that. And in November 2004, we got married here in Local registrar office. So I have got this another certificate for marriage which also states that we have previously been married in India under hindu ceremony. This is certificate 2.

I have used Certificate 1 during my wife's Tier 1 dependant visa in August 2009. I know, I should have used cerficiate 2. But I didn't had cerficate 2 at the time of her application with me. She left it back in India during our short visit. Anyway, my question is as follows:

Can I use Cerficate 2 during her extension application? Its a legite document, but I am worried since I have used Certificate 1 in the initial application, which they might have a record of. Will Certificate 2 cause any concerns?

And for everyone thinking why I am not using Cerficate 1 this time again. I have lost it. Its not me actually. My baggage was lost when we made a trip to India by Air India and never recovered it. And its a lengthy process to get another marriage certificate in india which I didn't had time for during our visit this year.

Sorry for such a long story. Thanks for reading. Any help is much appreciated.
You can submit Certificate 2 (but mention in your cover letter the reason), however it is not mandatory for you to re-submit your marriage certificate if your wife is your depend on Tier1. Having said that, many applicants have submitted marriage certificate with the extension application. But there are many on this forum who have got a successful response for their application with dependent, when they have not submitted marriage certificate. The more the documents you submit, the more it becomes a liability for UKBA to verify each document. Personally i am not in favour of submitting marriage certificate again, but others may differ on my opinion

shargaur

Post by shargaur » Sat May 19, 2012 3:18 am

No need to submit marriage certificate again. First time they granted visa was after satisfying all the requirements and authenticating your documents. Just go by simple extension. Even dependent form doesn't ask for any such document if applied inside the UK

aragon

Post by aragon » Sat May 19, 2012 9:22 am

Thanks for your reply guys. But is this OK even if I submit my dependant applications seperately. As I am going for PEO and submitting my dependant application seperately afterwards.

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Sat May 19, 2012 10:56 am

aragon wrote:Thanks for your reply guys. But is this OK even if I submit my dependant applications seperately. As I am going for PEO and submitting my dependant application seperately afterwards.
Yes it would not be a problem if you do separate application for your dependent, provided your dependent has visa time left before expiry.