ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about EEA Family Permit cover letter

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

epic
Newly Registered

Question about EEA Family Permit cover letter

Post by epic » Wed May 16, 2012 8:52 pm

Hi there first I wanted to thank you all this forum it's a GREAT resource!

I'm about to send my application to the EEA Family permit visa for my fiancee since already have all the required paperwork ready.

I was reading the post: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=100400

Where someone was rejected because what he entered the wrong info on the cover letter so I wanted to check it out before we send it.

I will be traveling to the UK alone before to find a Job there (I work on IT) and she will travel there to join me once I got one.

Can you please review my letter prior I send it?
I was thinking on something like:
Please find enclosed the application for an EEA Family Permit for my Fiancee XXXX
She is planning to travel to study english on October 2012. According to The Immigration (EEA) Regulations 2006 sections 12 and 13, the following documents are provided with the applications:

(1) (Fiancee name):
XXXXXXX
- Application form completed and printed
- her passport
- our civil union certificate (it's the co/habitation certificate)
- my divorce certificate (my prior marriage)
- 1 photo
- copy of my EEA Italian passport
- her CV / my CV
- ISBN codes and newspapers mentions to her books publications
- my current work certificate on IBM and payslips . (but I will resign to get a work there)
- Shared bankslip info with savings (aprox 10k USD that's enough???).
- Phone bill at my name under the same address.
- Cable/Internet bill at her name under the same address.
- Deed under her name as owner of our current living address.
- 20 photos together including some with our family on reunions
- Plane and bus tickets for different travels that we have done together.
- Proof or income from rent of one of her parents apartments.

Copies and translations of the above documents have been included, in addition to the originals.

I have traveled to the UK in 2010 and I will be exercising my treaty rights as a jobseeker according to section 6 of The Immigration (EEA) Regulations 2006. I have provided copies of my CV, current work on IBM to demonstrate my intention to work.

I understand that under The Immigration (EEA) Regulations 2006 section 13, my family members and I have an initial right of residence.
I added the photos and travels together as additional proof because our civil union cert is REALLY recent since I just got my divorce from previous marriage signed 2 months ago. I dunno if I should add something on the letter to explain this.

Please let me know what should add/remove to avoid being rejected or asked for more info :D

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed May 16, 2012 9:48 pm

Is she your "fiance"? What exactly do you mean when you say that?

Who issued your "civil union certificate (it's the co/habitation certificate)" and where?

You are providing way too much stuff. http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2011/05 ... a-citizen/

epic
Newly Registered

Post by epic » Thu May 17, 2012 2:43 am

Thanks for your reply!
Is she your "fiance"? What exactly do you mean when you say that?

Who issued your "civil union certificate (it's the co/habitation certificate)" and where?

You are providing way too much stuff. http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2011/05 ... a-citizen/
By fiancee I mean that we have been together for more than 2 years, the Civil Union certificate was issued by the Argentina Register Office (we are both Argentinian but I hold Italian EU passport, is the same place that perform marriage certs)

Thanks for the link, you say that I should remove things like?
- her CV / my CV
- ISBN codes and newspapers mentions to her books publications
- my current work certificate on IBM and payslips . (but I will resign to get a work there)
- Shared bankslip info with savings (aprox 10k USD that's enough???).
- Proof or income from rent of one of her parents apartments.

And only leave the information regarding our relationship?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu May 17, 2012 5:40 am

So, for the purposes of this application you are simply Italian. It is nice that you are also Argentinean, but it is not relevant in this situation.

Because of your particular situation, I suggest you read http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2011/09 ... -marriage/ . Argentinia is not listed in http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... iew=Binary but it does say
If an overseas relationship is not included in the list above it will still be recognised here if it meets certain conditions. Section 214 of the Civil Partnership Act 2004 refers. Under the law of the country where the relationship was formed the relationship must:
(i) be exclusive in nature,
(ii) be indeterminate in duration; and
(iii) result in the parties to the relationship being regarded as a couple or treated as married.
When do you want to go to the UK? Do you submit the application where you live?

epic
Newly Registered

Post by epic » Thu May 17, 2012 1:22 pm

Thanks for your response, but It's not a same gender marriage :) , she is my girlfriend, Civil Union it's similar to marriage but easier to disolve, etc. its not only for same sex couples :D .
Yes I will be aplying here on Argentina, I will first travel alone to the UK and once I get a job she will join me on the UK.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu May 17, 2012 1:31 pm

epic wrote:Thanks for your response, but It's not a same gender marriage :) , she is my girlfriend, Civil Union it's similar to marriage but easier to disolve, etc. its not only for same gender couples :D .
Yes I will be aplying here on Argentina, I will first travel alone to the UK and once I get a job she will join me on the UK.
I understood that was implied by your posting.

What I pointed to applied just as much to you, though maybe I should change the title. The PDF talks about what kinds of Civil Unions the UK accepts as equivalent to marriage. And the extracts from the law and rules are equally relevant to all Civil Unions, even ones like yours!

prince1475
Newly Registered

EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by prince1475 » Fri May 18, 2012 8:51 pm

Hello
I am from Goa,India got a Portugal nationality, i have just come to London and looking for job,I want to sponsor my wife who is in india so just wanted to know what is the procedure,what documents do i need.
Is it possible to sponsor her as soon as i get a job or i have to wait till i get my pay slip,in that case how many months pay slips do i have to show.
Is it compulsory to register for residence card to sponsor my wife.
what amount do i have to show in my bank account.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri May 18, 2012 9:16 pm

prince1475 wrote:Hello
I am from Goa,India got a Portugal nationality, i have just come to London and looking for job,I want to sponsor my wife who is in india so just wanted to know what is the procedure,what documents do i need.
Is it possible to sponsor her as soon as i get a job or i have to wait till i get my pay slip,in that case how many months pay slips do i have to show.
Is it compulsory to register for residence card to sponsor my wife.
what amount do i have to show in my bank account.
Start by looking here...
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=64442

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri May 18, 2012 9:21 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:...that you are also Argentinean, but it is not relevant in this situation...
While this statement is correct, it is interesting that the Argentinian national partner would not need a visa and could apply for a residence card in the UK after arrival.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Question about EEA Family Permit cover letter

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri May 18, 2012 9:28 pm

epic wrote: Please let me know what should add/remove to avoid being rejected or asked for more info :D
Please look at this thread

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=102250

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat May 19, 2012 1:03 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:...that you are also Argentinean, but it is not relevant in this situation...
While this statement is correct, it is interesting that the Argentinian national partner would not need a visa and could apply for a residence card in the UK after arrival.
If Argentinians do not require visa, then that may be the fastest and easiest route. On the other hand the partner would not have immediate proof that they can work in the UK when they arrive.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat May 19, 2012 9:05 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:On the other hand the partner would not have immediate proof that they can work in the UK when they arrive.
I wanted to let the OP know that there are other options. I'm not convinced about the practicality of securing employment with a family permit (COA / residence card are fine).

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat May 19, 2012 11:29 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:On the other hand the partner would not have immediate proof that they can work in the UK when they arrive.
I wanted to let the OP know that there are other options. I'm not convinced about the practicality of securing employment with a family permit (COA / residence card are fine).
What do you mean? That you do not think employers will take seriously what is written on the EEA FP?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat May 19, 2012 4:58 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote: What do you mean? That you do not think employers will take seriously what is written on the EEA FP?
Yes, I suspect that some employers would be very nervous about taking someone on. Others may be more relaxed. A COA explicitly allows the employer to use that as an excuse. I would suggest any non-EU family member seeking employment apply for RC and COA as soon as they can.