ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rented accommodation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pippa
Newly Registered

Rented accommodation

Post by pippa » Fri May 18, 2012 7:58 pm

Hiya,

I am currently renting a private accommodation from a local agency. My boyfriend (soon to be my husband end of this month) is currently living in his own place with her elderly father. I will be applying for FLR(M) in a few months time.

I was wondering, for the purpose of intention to live together, is it possible to prove that we have the necessary intent if the property is currently rented under my name only? The reason is that, there's a lot of process to go through to put my bf's name under the agreement, plus payments etc. He doesn't live with me, but he visits me so frequently (he stays with me three to four days a week, and the rest he stays with his father and look after him). There isn't enough room in his house for me to move in, and at the same time because of his father is in mid 60s he also looks after his father.

Is there any suggestion from the forum members? Kindly let me know, thank you.

carlyann

Post by carlyann » Fri May 18, 2012 8:52 pm

Hi

Sorry but you do have to provide evidence that the landlord consents to your husband living there. Here's the guidance

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... /#header13

good luck
Hoping to be reunited soon

carlyann

Post by carlyann » Fri May 18, 2012 9:50 pm

evidence can be a simple letter from the landlord - it doesn't have to be a new tenancy agreement that you are both a party to. Would they still charge you for this?
Hoping to be reunited soon

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat May 19, 2012 10:26 am

There's no requirement for you to be living together before the marriage, but you do need to show the intention to live together after the wedding.

pippa
Newly Registered

Post by pippa » Sat May 19, 2012 11:05 pm

Casa wrote:There's no requirement for you to be living together before the marriage, but you do need to show the intention to live together after the wedding.
Thanks Carlyann & Casa. What if (just a fictitious situation), after our wedding we are still looking for a house to stay, how could we prove this intention if necessary? Thank you kindly,

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun May 20, 2012 9:23 am

Difficult. One of the key conditions of FLR(M) is that you are living together and you'll be expected to show evidence of this. If you are still living separately after the wedding it will raise the case worker's suspicion that this is not a genuine relationship and you have married simply to extend your legal residence. You risk refusal, especially if you apply in persons.
What visa category do you currently have and when will this expire?