ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian citizen having ILR and travel to turkey

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sam_1611
Newly Registered

Indian citizen having ILR and travel to turkey

Post by Sam_1611 » Tue May 08, 2012 3:32 pm

Hi, I hold an Indian passport and married to a british citizen, and I have got ILR. We want to go for a holiday to Turkey, do I get visa on arrival or do i apply for a visa before going??

barker

Post by barker » Tue May 08, 2012 5:24 pm

Technically if you have a visa allowing residency in the UK you are able to apply on arrival in Turkey. However my brother in law faced issues last year when they travelled via Sabiha airport. If you enter via Ataturk International, immigration there is no issue.

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Indian citizen having ILR and travel to turkey

Post by ITGraduate » Tue May 08, 2012 6:42 pm

[quote="Sam_1611"]Hi, I hold an Indian passport and married to a british citizen, and I have got ILR. We want to go for a holiday to Turkey, do I get visa on arrival or do i apply for a visa before going??[/quote]

Hi There,

I visit turkey every year and I get on arrival visa. However I never tried at sabiha Gokcen airport which is a small one.

I hold a Indian passport with Tier 1 Visa for UK

http://www.mfa.gov.tr/visa-information- ... ers.en.mfa

There is always confusion regarding this but I believe you should be fine

Thanks,

Sam_1611
Newly Registered

Post by Sam_1611 » Fri May 18, 2012 10:04 pm

barker wrote:Technically if you have a visa allowing residency in the UK you are able to apply on arrival in Turkey. However my brother in law faced issues last year when they travelled via Sabiha airport. If you enter via Ataturk International, immigration there is no issue.
Thanks for the info :D