ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Business Type

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pervez01
Newly Registered

Business Type

Post by pervez01 » Mon May 14, 2012 8:08 pm

Hi,
Just wanted to know, one of the conditions of entrepreneur visa is that

"you cannot take any employment other than working for the business or businesses that you have established, joined or taken over."

So if the company I started is like an online business where we sell stuff online or something, but after some time if we dont make enough money, is it possible to change the business to providing consultancy services. Is this allowed?

thanks.

Ahmed25

Post by Ahmed25 » Mon May 14, 2012 9:18 pm

Yes u can provide the consultancy as far as u meet the other rules.

harun

Post by harun » Sat May 19, 2012 2:12 am

Ahmed25 wrote:Yes u can provide the consultancy as far as u meet the other rules.
Hi All,
Before me and my other Ent. team member form a company we just want to be confirmed that we choose the right business with right jobs (both has BBA).

we are planning to form a Ltd company with equal shire in marketing & sales business catagory or marketing consultancy firm.
And the job title of both of us would be Slaes and Marketing director which is in level 6 or marketing consultant which is level 4.
Also we r planning to sub-liase a office premises for 10 years and show it as business investment prior to application and rest in joint account.

Now reading my scenario do you think we will get point for business activities or job title in the business?? which one is preferable?? your help will be much appreciated.

weikianng

Post by weikianng » Sat May 19, 2012 8:10 am

Thread starter, I hope you do not mind me sharing your thread. Let me know if you prefer I ask my situation in my own thread and I will have this edited.

I am on PSW Visa thinking to apply for the £50k entrepeuneur visa. I have got 3 local friends who are going to invest into opening a restaurant (only me will have to get a visa). They are prepared to invest at least £30k.

So the question is, can I invest another 20k and show the proof to access £50k in a business joint account of all 4 of us? My title of the business will be Business Development Manager.

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:23 am

I am afraid to say 'No' as in 50K scheme's guideline, its written partners also must be PSW holder.

weikianng wrote:Thread starter, I hope you do not mind me sharing your thread. Let me know if you prefer I ask my situation in my own thread and I will have this edited.

I am on PSW Visa thinking to apply for the £50k entrepeuneur visa. I have got 3 local friends who are going to invest into opening a restaurant (only me will have to get a visa). They are prepared to invest at least £30k.

So the question is, can I invest another 20k and show the proof to access £50k in a business joint account of all 4 of us? My title of the business will be Business Development Manager.

Qasar Daniel

Re: Business Type

Post by Qasar Daniel » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:39 pm

hi Samaygry
I think it is possible. that in your business if some is is investing and he or she is local, ( dont need visa) ...because when third party investment is allowed and possible.....third party is not funding or investing to get visa....so if any local is investing or funding it should be necessary that they should be on PSW if they are member or investor in that business. Its my point of view..... I am also including one local investor in my business....But any further suggestion will be appreciated