ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No job skills and want to leave

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tranzistor
Newly Registered

No job skills and want to leave

Post by tranzistor » Fri May 18, 2012 10:11 pm

I am a 26 year old male that lives in the U.S., i have no criminal records or anything like that.

I want to move to Wales but i don't have any college education or job experience. I am going to go to college but there are no major colleges around me, i have no way of getting to one, and i don't know what i should study.

I wish to be living in Wales in a maximum of 3 years if possible.

What type of schooling can i do that will help my situation?

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Re: No job skills and want to leave

Post by silent_warrior » Sat May 19, 2012 12:11 am

tranzistor wrote:I am a 26 year old male that lives in the U.S., i have no criminal records or anything like that.

I want to move to Wales but i don't have any college education or job experience. I am going to go to college but there are no major colleges around me, i have no way of getting to one, and i don't know what i should study.

I wish to be living in Wales in a maximum of 3 years if possible.

What type of schooling can i do that will help my situation?
Assuming you want to first come and study in the UK specifically Wales. The course you wish to take depends on your interests. Also the education and other expenses here would be higher than those in the US, as scholarships opportunities are rare and very competitive, than compared to US & Canada. Also even if you manage to complete a course, then with the current visa limitations, it will be challenging to find an employer who would then sponsor your work permit.
Right now the shortage of skills list published on UKBA website is listed here. Through the years I have seen that Radiographers have been consistently appearing in the list. And I working within the healthcare sector, have always seen Radiographers jobs advertised quite frequently. So that may be an area to explore.But again, this list might change by the time you graduate (in case you choose this field). So you might want to do some research around the visa conditions/restrictions for foreigners (which are getting worse by the day) and job opportunities before making that decision.

tranzistor
Newly Registered

Post by tranzistor » Sat May 19, 2012 1:03 am

i have looked at the list multiple times before and dont really want to go into the medical field. one job that i would be interested in doing is the line repairer and cable jointer but i dont know if it would be a good choice.

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Sat May 19, 2012 11:02 am

tranzistor wrote:i have looked at the list multiple times before and dont really want to go into the medical field. one job that i would be interested in doing is the line repairer and cable jointer but i dont know if it would be a good choice.
Unfortunately, that would not be classed under shortage of skills and you may not to find a sponsor for your Tier 2.