ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA3 Document Received -Maiden name instead of new name

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

petkanov

EEA3 Document Received -Maiden name instead of new name

Post by petkanov » Sat May 19, 2012 12:48 pm

We received our permanent residence documents today. On my wife's, by mistake they printed her Maiden name instead of the new name. We are waiting for a baby. Will this be a problem proving the link between the mother and the baby when applying for baby's passport? Will this be a problem when my wife applies for naturalization? We have the old canceled passport with the maiden name as well.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat May 19, 2012 2:56 pm

Not problem.

Did you had contact before with the HO using her maiden name? Then they used her maiden name as this is the name the HO used when initially entered her into the HO system.

Shouldn't be an issue in future with BC application (as they ask for maiden name) or child birth certificate (as it includes the mother maiden name).

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat May 19, 2012 5:04 pm

What name was on the passport that you used to submit with the application? They should have used that.

petkanov

Post by petkanov » Sat May 19, 2012 5:39 pm

the passport was with the new name. we also submitted the old perforated passport with the maiden name. They made a mistake, but I am not too bothered if it will not affect naturalization or baby's passport. My wife is also EU citizen. Do you guys think it is ok to leave it like that? We will apply for naturalization in January.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat May 19, 2012 9:11 pm

petkanov wrote:They made a mistake
They have indeed. Being EU citizens I would perhaps not be too worried, but it can be corrected easily if you wish to pursue.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat May 19, 2012 9:24 pm

petkanov wrote:the passport was with the new name. we also submitted the old perforated passport with the maiden name. They made a mistake, but I am not too bothered if it will not affect naturalization or baby's passport. My wife is also EU citizen. Do you guys think it is ok to leave it like that? We will apply for naturalization in January.
OK to leave as is. Will have no affect on future applications.