ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK pound rate for earning calculation?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

paramjit2k

UK pound rate for earning calculation?

Post by paramjit2k » Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:21 pm

UK pound rate in comparsion to other countries changes every day. Like might be one person qualifying say when pound rate was X. When it moves to X +1, the person becomes ineligible.

Can anyone tell me, which day rate are applicable on the application? The day we sent the application or the day it reaches the case worker or the day it is assigned to case worker....
Regards,

Pam Aujla

freebirds

Post by freebirds » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:29 am

same question i asked mate. last week it was 85 and today it is 88.
previous pastearnings caseworker manual said conversion rate as per the last dy of the payslip.
i donno..i got my last payslip on dec 1st. the same day the pound rate was 87.5 bla bla. its all confusing mate.
donno what naric would say, donno what the HO would say....fck tesnion

Markie

Post by Markie » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:06 pm

If you want a more accurate conversion rate... utilise the equiv GBP rate on the month your salary was given to you. You can use www.oanda.com to get a historical conversion rate.

if you want a shotgun approach, use the last payslip month you will use...

paramjit2k

hi

Post by paramjit2k » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:30 pm

Hi markie..Thanks 4 reply...

I have to calculate every month salary as per pound rate when it was paid...Like If i m claiming for Dec 2005 and salary was paid on 22 Dec 2005, Do I have to check 22 Dec Pound rate....Correct me if I am wrong
Regards,

Pam Aujla

paramjit2k

hi

Post by paramjit2k » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:06 am

any gud suggestions :!: :?:
Regards,

Pam Aujla

paramjit2k

Re: UK pound rate for earning calculation?

Post by paramjit2k » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:51 am

plz HELP
paramjit2k wrote:UK pound rate in comparsion to other countries changes every day. Like might be one person qualifying say when pound rate was X. When it moves to X +1, the person becomes ineligible.

Can anyone tell me, which day rate are applicable on the application? The day we sent the application or the day it reaches the case worker or the day it is assigned to case worker....
:idea:
Regards,

Pam Aujla

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:07 pm

1. Add up the total salary (12 months) in local currency.
2. Look at the exchange rate on the day of your last pay slip (most recent payslip in the 12 month period).
3. Use www.oanda.com which allows to select a date in past and take a printout of the webpage that shows forex on the date in question.
3. Convert the salary in local currency (as in point 1) using the forex rate (as in point 2).
4. You get the GBP equivalent.
5. Attach the web printout (as in point 3) along with the application under the relevant section.

No rocket science :D

Before you question whether it will work or not, let me say that I used this method, and though irrelevant to mention here but my application was approved.

regards

paramjit2k

hi

Post by paramjit2k » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:16 pm

Thanks Ukjobsforme...

Anybody else...well someone told me to use the date when every sal slip was issued...

Like if one sal slip is issued in 31 mar 06, use that day rate... same then on 30 apr 06 or so...

Any guess or suggestion who used such method
Regards,

Pam Aujla

paramjit2k

Re: hi

Post by paramjit2k » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:45 am

PLZ HELP
paramjit2k wrote:Thanks Ukjobsforme...

Anybody else...well someone told me to use the date when every sal slip was issued...

Like if one sal slip is issued in 31 mar 06, use that day rate... same then on 30 apr 06 or so...

Any guess or suggestion who used such method
Regards,

Pam Aujla

paramjit2k

Post by paramjit2k » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:34 pm

plz help
paramjit2k wrote:any gud suggestions :!: :?:
Regards,

Pam Aujla

paramjit2k

Post by paramjit2k » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:07 am

plz help
paramjit2k wrote:
paramjit2k wrote:any gud suggestions :!: :?:
Regards,

Pam Aujla

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:34 pm

Hi,

Why not follow what's been suggested to you already .... why clutter the board with the same query :?: Or are you waiting for a "best of 3" situation ??

And submit the application before they change the rules again :D :D

regards

Hilslo
Newly Registered

Post by Hilslo » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:30 am

Has anyone had confirmed success using the average rate over the 12 month period? My earnings qualify using the average rate but not the spot rate on my last pay date. Please advise.

paramjit2k

hi

Post by paramjit2k » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:32 am

hi sushdmehta,

I had confusing answers from different peple, someone said calculate from the last day of pay slip.

Someone says use calculator and see what was rate when every salary was in ur account...

Something comes into my account, pound rate fluctuates every day, that does not mean my earning going up and down every day.

Somebody said, take the pound rate last day of payslip...Where it is wriiten only take of the last pay slip. If I follow last day of payslip, i should take into account pound rates of all12 months, and calculate respective month sal with respective month pound rate....

It is confusing. which even case worker dont know...I am asking again and again, so that i can have average view of same thing...say if 80% people got success due to the average salary divided by current pound rate, then we shud follow that....Simple
Regards,

Pam Aujla

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:36 pm

Hi Paramjit,

You are right in your explanation.

I would suggest if you are pretty comfotable in the points. Take your total 12 month's salary in the local currency. From the xe OR onada, find out the historic highs of the exchange rate, and convert your local salary to the UK equivalent. If you still qualify for the points go for it (The highest rate).

In any case, on the cover letter or in the attachments somewhere you have to show somehow; how you converted your salary to GBP.

Everybody, please share your views.

paramjit2k

hi

Post by paramjit2k » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:52 pm

Hi nnj10. thanks for reply..

The pound rate was very low compare to India early this year...So wouldnot be a problem even if I take historic pound rate for every respective month last day.

Well how u r doing it :?:
Regards,

Pam Aujla

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:14 pm

Hi Paramjit,

I want to keep the things simple.
So total of local salary and the historic high of GBP in the last 12 months.
May be one can consider the exchange rate on the date of application.
(Don't know....)

inso

Post by inso » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:56 pm

For "highly skilled" applicants, there sure is a lot of fluff going on on these forums. Have you guys even read the guidance notes?!

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:59 am

Hi Inso,

Yes, I read the guidance notes and the form carefully. But did not found anything mentioned for this section, regarding the conversion.

Can you please help?

nnj10

paramjit2k

hi

Post by paramjit2k » Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:18 am

I have read new and old rules both...but nothing is wriiten regarding which pound rate to use..ig u have something new..Plz share :?:
Regards,

Pam Aujla

umeshsethi

Post by umeshsethi » Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:40 am

paramjit2k wrote:I have read new and old rules both...but nothing is wriiten regarding which pound rate to use..ig u have something new..Plz share :?:
Old rules do say last payslip date rates ...or rather i shoudl say OLD HSMP CASEWORKERS MANUALS said that... but they are no longer valid... actually nobody knows after new guidelines and i guess you are probably going to b the experimental case for us all and give us all hope in future :wink: for new applns... Why don't u just use a voip account and call up work permit guys or email wpcustomers@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk them this query and let us know as well.. as it is a genuine query....and not explained at all in the GUIDANCE NOTES... and hence u have a genuine and urgent reason to enquire..
Umesh Sethi

paramjit2k

hi

Post by paramjit2k » Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:52 am

u r right it was not in guidance notes...it was in caseworker manuals...

Well i personally feel there will be no dofference...however i lost my caseworker earning manual...Can someone will provide me? :?:
Regards,

Pam Aujla

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:56 pm

Is the "CASE WORKER MANUAL" is out for the NEW HSMP? :?: :?:

paramjit2k

hi

Post by paramjit2k » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:01 pm

I am asking for older case wroker manual for earning...
Regards,

Pam Aujla

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:15 pm

Pls. share the link or copy once you receive it.

NNJ10