ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success Croydon SET(O) - 18th May

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Master_Blaster

ILR Success Croydon SET(O) - 18th May

Post by Master_Blaster » Sat May 19, 2012 7:50 am

All, thanks to everyone who helped me, I got my ILR yesterday. WP -> HSMP -> Tier 1 (G). My WP period was only for six months.

I wanted to write a detailed one, live from the venue and started a thread, but found that it had been deleted by some moderator without any explanation.

So to make it short, the experiences there is similar to many posts here before, Airport Security + Passport and verification of Application form + Payment + Detailed Passport Verification + Biometric + Finally caseworker.

My appointment was at 9:45 and we got the letter at 3:30.

Apart from the usual things listed in the forum, two additional things were asked by the CW.

1) Even though I had the WP copy and a letter from the WP employer stating my salary and that I am employed between Jun and Dec 2007, the CW wanted to see an evidence that I was paid during that period. I had the bank statements for the entire for 5 years, so once I gave the statements for that 6 months, she was fine with it.

2) I had enough points with my income from April 2011 to Dec 2011. I showed only that 9 months for my points. The CW still wanted a latest Bank statement in my name, just to see economic activity. She mentioned that this is needed, and again I had statements from Jun 2007 to May 2012 ,so I gave her what she wanted.

Thanks everyone.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat May 19, 2012 8:35 am

Congrats and thanks for sharing your success story!

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Sat May 19, 2012 8:48 am

Congrats mate and thanks for sharing your success story

Smam

Post by Smam » Sat May 19, 2012 10:02 am

Hi

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR and thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience.

Good luck for your future.

psb

Post by psb » Sat May 19, 2012 11:39 am

Last edited by psb on Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Master_Blaster

Post by Master_Blaster » Sat May 19, 2012 11:51 pm

psb wrote:Were any afternoon appointments cancelled because of IT problems and people turned away?

I apply for my ILR Friday afternoon and dread being turned away empty handed.
I am not too sure. I checked with the person who took the Biometric and he said there were no issues as of yesterday.

I was also speaking to a representative who was there to represent someone and he was telling me about the reason for the biometric problems. I am not sure how true is this, but it seems the biometric details taken will be sent to a central server in Liverpool, where they will be verified against police and other systems and be reported back to the PEO where it was sent from.

Bottomline, my appointment was at 9:45, I did security check at 9:20 AM. My token number was 83, my biometric was done at 10:45 and CW called my case at 1:30 PM. We were done and out by 3:15 PM. When we were coming out, Case Worker was calling token numbers 100 something, whereas the Biometric were calling token numbers 170 something. For payment, initial passport checks and Biometric all tokens were called in order. After the Bio metric, the token numbers are not called in any particular order by the Case Worker.

Master_Blaster

Post by Master_Blaster » Thu May 24, 2012 11:25 pm

Just to update on BRP timelines,

I received all 3 Biometric cards (self + 2 dependants) by post on Tuesday, 22nd May. That is just 2nd working day after my appointment.