ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship for toddler who born in uk

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

LS.india13
Newly Registered

Citizenship for toddler who born in uk

Post by LS.india13 » Fri May 18, 2012 5:16 pm

Hi friends

could you please any of you help me .....

In first week of june 2012, both parents will get their ILR....

MY son who is born here in uk,we are planning to apply for Citizenship directly instead of applying for ilr.....

his visa is getting expired on 28th june 2012....my husband is in work permit holder..

Do we need to apply for my son citizenship before 28th june 2012....or is that ok if we apply for my child 1-2 months later....as i told we are applying for ilr on june first week.....so is that ok if i can apply citizenship after some months....because v r planning to relocate to other place near london on june end...address will get change ....is that ok if v apply for him by june end with current address and then in few weeks we can call uk border agency to let them know the change of address immediately.....

if that is ok do v need to send them proof of new address????

Thanks in advance..

Bye

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 18, 2012 5:18 pm

LS.india13 wrote:Do we need to apply for my son citizenship before 28th june 2012....or is that ok if we apply for my child 1-2 months later
No ... yes.

Q - Does my UK-born child qualify for british citizenship? Can I skip ILR for my child?
Q - Do I need to include my UK-born minor child in my settlement application?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

LS.india13
Newly Registered

Post by LS.india13 » Fri May 18, 2012 5:30 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
LS.india13 wrote:Do we need to apply for my son citizenship before 28th june 2012....or is that ok if we apply for my child 1-2 months later
No ... yes.
Thanks sushdmehta for your quick response.....

so, for my son i can apply citizenship even after his visa expiry date....and once i change my new address and get proof of the address i can apply within 2 months right....

That wont be any problem right......

Thanks again

help4uk
BANNED

Wrong info

Post by help4uk » Sun May 20, 2012 1:53 am

the info which sushdmehta is giving is worng u cant apply for your son Birtish Passport Directly unless at the time of birth either u or ur wife hold British Nationaly if u have ILR it can give domicail right to your child as he has one but not Nationality eithe one have u have BP or wait for your son to be 5

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun May 20, 2012 2:07 am

help4uk wrote:the info which sushdmehta is giving is worng u cant apply for your son Birtish Passport Directly unless at the time of birth either u or ur wife hold British Nationaly if u have ILR it can give domicail right to your child as he has one but not Nationality eithe one have u have BP or wait for your son to be 5
sushdmehta's information was not about British passport applications.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.