ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

please helf with T1G extension applican form

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mika
Newly Registered

please helf with T1G extension applican form

Post by mika » Sat May 19, 2012 8:19 pm

Hi,

I am trying to fill up the t1g extension application form and struggling with the following questions; I am sorry for this long post but this is the only forum I trust and found really very helpful, I would really appreciate your help in this regard:

Page 11. Questions B11 HO ref numbers (where can I find these numbers)

Page 11. Questions B12 Point Based System ref number (where can I find this number)

Page 14. Questions B26 – indicate whether they are consider themselves to be employed or self employed? I am employed and also undertake self-employed work as well so I am confused which one to select.

Page 15. Questions B28 – give applicant’s current job title? Again I am employed and also undertake self-employed work as well so I am confused what should I put here my employed job title or self-employed??

Page 20. Questions D4 – enter the ref number on the entry clearance or visa which can found in the applicant’s passport or travel document? I am assuming this question is about the first visa that someone’s obtains to come to uk (please correct I am wrong) so checked my first visa on the passport and there two numbers on that one is on top right hand corner in red colour and other is called VAF number??

Page 20. Questions J4 – please give start and end dates of the period(s) for which the applicant claiming pervious earnings? I will be using my employed income from 1st July 2011 to 30 June 2012 and self-employed income from 1st august 2011 to 30 may 2012 now my question is should I put to different periods for employed and self-employed incomes or can I use the period from 1st July 2011 to 30 June 2012 as it covers both?

Thanks a lot..

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Re: please helf with T1G extension applican form

Post by silent_warrior » Sun May 20, 2012 3:47 am

Replies in Dark blue
mika wrote:Hi,

I am trying to fill up the t1g extension application form and struggling with the following questions; I am sorry for this long post but this is the only forum I trust and found really very helpful, I would really appreciate your help in this regard:

Its the reference number for your previous correspondence with HO.
Leave it blank if you don't have it

Page 11. Questions B12 Point Based System ref number (where can I find this number)
Leave it blank if you don't know (it was given along with your previous PBS application)

Page 14. Questions B26 – indicate whether they are consider themselves to be employed or self employed? I am employed and also undertake self-employed work as well so I am confused which one to select.

Definition: Under Part 6A of these Rules, "Self-Employed" means an applicant is registered as self-employed with HM Revenue & Customs, or is employed by a company of which the applicant is a controlling shareholder.Check this Employed or Self-Employed

Page 15. Questions B28 – give applicant’s current job title? Again I am employed and also undertake self-employed work as well so I am confused what should I put here my employed job title or self-employed??

Write title of employment

Page 20. Questions D4 – enter the ref number on the entry clearance or visa which can found in the applicant’s passport or travel document? I am assuming this question is about the first visa that someone’s obtains to come to uk (please correct I am wrong) so checked my first visa on the passport and there two numbers on that one is on top right hand corner in red colour and other is called VAF number??

Number in red top right

Page 20. Questions J4 – please give start and end dates of the period(s) for which the applicant claiming pervious earnings? I will be using my employed income from 1st July 2011 to 30 June 2012 and self-employed income from 1st august 2011 to 30 may 2012 now my question is should I put to different periods for employed and self-employed incomes or can I use the period from 1st July 2011 to 30 June 2012 as it covers both?[/b]
Thanks a lot..
Use 1st July 2011 to 30 June 2012 as it covers both. Also the next question J5 allows you the break down

mika
Newly Registered

Post by mika » Sun May 20, 2012 11:42 am

silent_warrior wrote:Replies in Dark blue
mika wrote:Hi,

Its the reference number for your previous correspondence with HO.
Leave it blank if you don't have it

Leave it blank if you don't know (it was given along with your previous PBS application)

Definition: Under Part 6A of these Rules, "Self-Employed" means an applicant is registered as self-employed with HM Revenue & Customs, or is employed by a company of which the applicant is a controlling shareholder.Check this Employed or Self-Employed

Write title of employment

Number in red top right

Page 20. Questions J4 – please give start and end dates of the period(s) for which the applicant claiming pervious earnings? I will be using my employed income from 1st July 2011 to 30 June 2012 and self-employed income from 1st august 2011 to 30 may 2012 now my question is should I put to different periods for employed and self-employed incomes or can I use the period from 1st July 2011 to 30 June 2012 as it covers both?[/b]
Thanks a lot..
Use 1st July 2011 to 30 June 2012 as it covers both. Also the next question J5 allows you the break down
Thanks a lot silent_warrior. but i am still not sure about question B26. As I explained earlier that I am working as employed and self-employed both. Now the question B26 asks " the applicant should indicate whether they consider themselves to be employed or self-employed? "
As you can see there is no option of Employed AND Self-employed, there is only one option Employed OR self-employed. So that means I have to choose one of them.

Please help.....

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Sun May 20, 2012 12:44 pm

mika wrote:

Thanks a lot silent_warrior. but i am still not sure about question B26. As I explained earlier that I am working as employed and self-employed both. Now the question B26 asks " the applicant should indicate whether they consider themselves to be employed or self-employed? "
As you can see there is no option of Employed AND Self-employed, there is only one option Employed OR self-employed. So that means I have to choose one of them.

Please help.....
Hello mika
Can you give some more information around your employed status and your self-employed status
Also in the meantime, try looking at this post. There was a similar question raised. Look at the direct gov link provided
DirectGov Employed or Self-employed

mika
Newly Registered

Post by mika » Sun May 20, 2012 2:53 pm

silent_warrior wrote:
mika wrote:

Please help.....
Hello mika
Can you give some more information around your employed status and your self-employed status
Also in the meantime, try looking at this post. There was a similar question raised. Look at the direct gov link provided
DirectGov Employed or Self-employed
Hi silent_warrior,
Ok - I am FT permanent employed in a company in UK and get formal pay slip and my salary goes into my personal account through BACS. I am also registered with HMRC as self-employed (Sole Trader) providing constancy in marketing; I pay my class 2 NI contribution as well. Hope this gives you a little more insight to give advice.
Thanks a lot..

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Sun May 20, 2012 4:10 pm

mika wrote:
Hi silent_warrior,
Ok - I am FT permanent employed in a company in UK and get formal pay slip and my salary goes into my personal account through BACS. I am also registered with HMRC as self-employed (Sole Trader) providing constancy in marketing; I pay my class 2 NI contribution as well. Hope this gives you a little more insight to give advice.
Thanks a lot..
Hello mika
I believe you have already looked at this link right?
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/moneytaxand ... dg_4015975
and the link mentioned in my previous post?

mika
Newly Registered

Post by mika » Sun May 20, 2012 7:19 pm

silent_warrior wrote:
mika wrote:
Hi silent_warrior,
Thanks a lot..
Hello mika
I believe you have already looked at this link right?
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/moneytaxand ... dg_4015975
and the link mentioned in my previous post?
Hi silent_warrior
Yes I have looked at the link and as I explained before, I fulfil the criteria of being Employed and Self-employed both. I am just concerned about the question B26 as I have to select only one optiion i.e. Employed or Self-employed, cant select both. As mentioned before I ll be applying as employed and self-employed basis.
Thanks

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Mon May 21, 2012 12:41 am

mika wrote:
Hi silent_warrior
Yes I have looked at the link and as I explained before, I fulfil the criteria of being Employed and Self-employed both. I am just concerned about the question B26 as I have to select only one optiion i.e. Employed or Self-employed, cant select both. As mentioned before I ll be applying as employed and self-employed basis.
Thanks
In the past there were a similar posts about confusion around Employed & Self-Employed. Many applicants received reply from UKBA for this query as- depending on which earnings contribute most towards your 'previous earnings' you will write that. So if say being 'employed' constitutes 70% of your previous earnings' and then you would be considered 'employed'. And vice-versa
So, what contributes more? Infact try calling HMRC on the directgiv link, they might advise you the same. But you will have a peace of mind from what they say.

mika
Newly Registered

Post by mika » Tue May 22, 2012 9:35 am

silent_warrior wrote:
mika wrote:
Hi silent_warrior
Thanks
In the past there were a similar posts about confusion around Employed & Self-Employed. Many applicants received reply from UKBA for this query as- depending on which earnings contribute most towards your 'previous earnings' you will write that. So if say being 'employed' constitutes 70% of your previous earnings' and then you would be considered 'employed'. And vice-versa
So, what contributes more? Infact try calling HMRC on the directgiv link, they might advise you the same. But you will have a peace of mind from what they say.
Many thanks silent_warrior - you've been a great help....TA