ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Dependent Visa from pakistan

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ziach1981
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General Dependent Visa from pakistan

Post by ziach1981 » Sun May 20, 2012 12:20 pm

Hi,
I want to apply visa for my wife from Pakistan and I am on Tier 1 General visa in UK.
I registered as Self Emeployed in January 2012. Will anybody please let me know which supporting documents I need to show my income? Do I need any letter from accountant as well or only bank statments are sufficient?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Zia
Last edited by ziach1981 on Sun May 20, 2012 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun May 20, 2012 12:24 pm

There is no immigration category named Tier 1 General (HSMP). It is either Tier 1 (General) or HSMP.

See also Guidance - Tier 1 (General) Dependent application.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ziach1981
Newly Registered

Post by ziach1981 » Sun May 20, 2012 12:28 pm

I applied for HSMP visa in June 2008 and I got the visa in January 2010. In my passport it says Tier 1 General not HSMP. So you may be right.

cronus
Newly Registered

Post by cronus » Mon May 21, 2012 12:32 pm

We have been through this process a few years ago when doing Tier 1 (D) visa from Pakistan but it was a change of T4 to T1D.
Applicants at Gerrys Pakistan were sending all sort of funny stuff like loads of marriage pictures, Marriage invitation cards, phone bills showing they talk etc etc .. We were too worried because of reading many posts on forums mentioning different requirements.

We, as described in Visa Requirement section on UKBA website, only sent bank statements, Marriage certificate attested by regional Foreign office in Pakistan with postal stamps (cert was already in English) and as we were already living together we only sent Council Tax & Water bill along with joint bank accounts as proof of living, We also posted Payslips of 6 months and nothing else.

Your partner would need to do TB test from one of their authorized center. If she is taking entry clearance and has never been to UK before, It is advisable to send a letter from your Landlord saying they have no objection of her living with you and that you have an accommodation big enough for both of you.

Also, send bank statements showing your earnings clearly with tax documents and a letter from accountant will benefit a lot.
You should send all those documents that you think will clearly show that you have enough funds and can establish your active relationship with her.

I always write covering letter with it that defines clearly what I am sending with application and for what purpose writing that in different sections for example marriage proof, income proof etc.