ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need urgent Advice... UKBA withdrawal of documents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Srini123
Newly Registered

Need urgent Advice... UKBA withdrawal of documents

Post by Srini123 » Sun May 20, 2012 7:57 pm

My marriage is scheduled to happen on 20th of June.. I would like to go back to india on 16th of June. I have provided my biometric at a post office (Bradford) on 24th of April. i am yet to hear anything from UKBA. if i go through the trend provided here for processing times, it seems for most applications they do take 6 to 8 weeks after biometric stage and for some application they are taking a bit longer. Hence i am bit worried whether i can get my Visa and passport back on time. I checked with few people whom i know and they too confirmed me that i cant request UKBA to expedite my Visa processing application. i am falling under TIER 2 ICT. To be on the safer side, i requested my manager to pull my passports back from the home office, however my manager and my company's immigration department stated that, most of the documents are being returned from Home office from 6 to 8 weeks and hence they want me to wait for 2 more weeks. when i read UKBA website, they had stated that it would take 15 working days for them to return the passport (if we withdraw the Visa application) even if its a emergency case. all i am intrested is is there any process to expedite UKBA to return my passport, if i request for emergency retun of documents (i am afraid, i am running out of time and hence i am really bothered about whether i can reach india for my marriage).... If i wait for 2 weeks, then obviously i have got 8 working days, is it posible to get the passport back within these 8 working days, if i withdraw my Visa application.Can somebody please suggest me how to go abt this??? i am really worried...

GB09

Post by GB09 » Wed May 23, 2012 1:42 pm

That's why they always say "Don't plan anything until you get your passport back". I don't think you have any options other than just wait for your passport.

guest0901
Newly Registered

Post by guest0901 » Fri May 25, 2012 3:59 pm

Hello, My solicitor mentioned to me if i can show some evidence of travel plans ..such as confirmed tickets .. it might expedite the process. may be you can write to UKBA giving some evidence ..like your marriage invitation card and tickets..good luck .hope you get your visa soon and enjoy your time ..