ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will Tier 4, only 8 years stay effect my visa application

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rasellittle
Newly Registered

Will Tier 4, only 8 years stay effect my visa application

Post by rasellittle » Mon May 21, 2012 11:21 am

Hello. I am not clear about this 8 years thing for Student visa. I am in uk for nearly 8 years, within this period i was in 2 years PSW visa. I will apply to extend my visa again on Tier4, 3 months before 8 year finishing date. will i get affected by this rule anyway. And my new course will be for 3 years, will they grant my whole 3 years leave to remain. Thanks.

quantum1
Member of Standing

Re: Will Tier 4, only 8 years stay effect my visa applicatio

Post by quantum1 » Mon May 21, 2012 11:58 am

rasellittle wrote:Hello. I am not clear about this 8 years thing for Student visa. I am in uk for nearly 8 years, within this period i was in 2 years PSW visa. I will apply to extend my visa again on Tier4, 3 months before 8 year finishing date. will i get affected by this rule anyway. And my new course will be for 3 years, will they grant my whole 3 years leave to remain. Thanks.
http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/offices/inte ... limit.html

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Mon May 21, 2012 12:03 pm

The limit applies to the time after the completion of the course that you are applying for. eg

You have had 4 years on student visa for bachelors. You can do a one year masters as this is within the 5 year limit when you finish, but you cannot do a 2 year masters because this will take you above the 5 year limit.