ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1 (General) extension: UK postal address asked in new form.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

quest_ukba
Newly Registered

T1 (General) extension: UK postal address asked in new form.

Post by quest_ukba » Sat May 19, 2012 9:48 pm

Hi Friends,

I see in the new form for the T1 (General) extension, UKBA is asking for the postal address and the residential details of all the places you lived at in last 2 years.

I guess this is a new addition which was missing earlier? (Please confirm).

Does anyone have any clue about how UKBA is going to use this information?

The reason I am asking is...at the moment I am staying with my friend and do not have council tax or any utility bills in my name. So practically if UKBA wants to check my presence on the address, they will not be able to verify it on my name. And this potentially may lead to the rejection of my application??

I know that you need to be in UK for 5 years to apply for ILR, but have they started to check the same for 2 years for T1 extension too??

Please help. All your responses are much appreciated. Thanks!

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: T1 extension query: UK postal address asked in new form.

Post by yasa » Sun May 20, 2012 11:10 am

quest_ukba wrote:Hi Friends,

I see in the new form for the T1 extension, UKBA is asking for the postal address and the residential details of all the places you lived at in last 2 years.

I guess this is a new addition which was missing earlier? (Please confirm).

Does anyone have any clue about how UKBA is going to use this information?

The reason I am asking is...at the moment I am staying with my friend and do not have council tax or any utility bills in my name. So practically if UKBA wants to check my presence on the address, they will not be able to verify it on my name. And this potentially may lead to the rejection of my application??

I know that you need to be in UK for 5 years to apply for ILR, but have they started to check the same for 2 years for T1 extension too??

Please help. All your responses are much appreciated. Thanks!
For dependents they are asking for 5 years address history..... if they want to check your existence they can track it through your bank account, driving licence, police records etc. Nothing to worry about.
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

quest_ukba
Newly Registered

Post by quest_ukba » Sun May 20, 2012 1:18 pm

Thanks for the quick response.

I understand that they can track me using my bank details. But when I give my UK postal address and they cannot find the council tax and bills on my name, would not that make a ground for rejection?

I am a little concerned as this (asking 2 years address details in T1 general extension) I believe is a new addition from 6-Apr-2012 in the new form.

I will apply for the T1 general extension and not ILR/citizenship.
But just for my knowledge, how does UKBA verify your presence in UK for 5 years if you apply for ILR?

This would help me contrast with my case. Thanks.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun May 20, 2012 3:03 pm

quest_ukba wrote:Thanks for the quick response.

I understand that they can track me using my bank details. But when I give my UK postal address and they cannot find the council tax and bills on my name, would not that make a ground for rejection?

While the majority of residents who work in the UK do pay council tax, this is not a requirement for a Tier 1 visa extension or ILR application. E.g. There are people who live in shared accomodation where council tax is included as part of their rent, & therefore do not get council tax bills addressed to themselves.

I am a little concerned as this (asking 2 years address details in T1 general extension) I believe is a new addition from 6-Apr-2012 in the new form.

Yes it is a recent change in the form, I personally do not know the reason for it, you just need to list where you lived during the time they have asked.

I will apply for the T1 general extension and not ILR/citizenship. The questions in the Tier 1 Application form for are only for that purpose, not for ILR
But just for my knowledge, how does UKBA verify your presence in UK for 5 years if you apply for ILR?

For ILR there are many ways to verify your residency in the UK; some the UKBA will have direct access to themselves, others they will ask the applicant to provide when applying: E.g. UKBA Immigration history they themselves have for you, your passports, your payslips, P60's (i.e. employment & income taxes paid while working in the UK), letters from employers, bank statements (both for previous earnings and to show that you were economically active in the UK), utility bills, electoral registration, etc... the list goes on and what evidence you need to provide will vary depending on the type of application you submit - E.g. with spouse and dependants.

This would help me contrast with my case. Thanks.

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Mon May 21, 2012 12:43 pm

The reason for the new section in the form could be that they are interested in stats re how many people have actually been living in the UK for all of the 2 years when they apply for extension.

Considering that there are people who have come to the UK just to get their visa extended and have been successful in doing so, it can not affect your current application for extension.