ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Mon May 21, 2012 12:56 pm

abman51 wrote:Hi, just got back from immigration tribunal and won my case.

My wife's was rejected late last year because her IELTS test mark (4 and 3.0 on speaking and listening) were deemed not good enough by ECO. My (UK based) solicitor advised that I should appeal as I would win the case easily and that my wife should sit another test.

So we appealed within 28 days. My wife sat another test (ESOL) and got the required mark, we sent over faxed certificates, but home office wanted originals, these were then sent in March of this year.

Finally I had my tribunal date today and the Home office rep said her original IELTS result was good enough anyway :roll: and that her 'posted dated decision' test proved she was good enough.

So my question is what's the protocal now and more importantly what is the time frame as she is two months pregnant...

Congratulations on winning your case.... Your next step will be that you and your partner will recieve a call letter asking for her passport the certificate and then a few days after that you should get your passport stamped. The call letter can vary from people to people.
RE: her pregnancy i think you can travel up to 5 months depending on her health but im not sure if you are to tll the home office office or if the airline will need a doctors note stating that your wife is well to travel.

Zully
application @ ISL 13/01/2012
returned 30/03/2012 Refused app
applied for appeal in uk 19/04/12
deadline given 05/11/2012
Court date: 10 jan 2013
call letter: 08/03/2013
visa stamped?

Newly Registered

Post by new member » Mon May 21, 2012 1:00 pm

I'm new here, i have been following this site for quite a few months now bt decided i should register and share my thoughts. My spouse whos from pakistan applied 31st dec 20122 and his visa got refused on 25th april on one ground and we recently appealed on 28th april providing evidence...how long does the appeal (review) process take....i just hope visa gets granted on review stage.

Basically his visa got refused because he didnt provide evidence of english test...only reason y he didnt do the test in the 1st place because an advisor in pakistan told him he was exempt from taking the test as he did a degree which was taught it english...bt gt rejected cuz it was not recognised under uknaric. He did provide his degree cirtificate. However b4 we found out visa was rejected he decided to do IELTS test in prepartion 4 coming 2 the uk...so with the appeal we attached that certificate.

Some advisors in the uk said appeal will get rejected as he didnt hand the certificate in the 1st place bt some said it should be ok as he took ISELTS test before decison of visa made....any ideas?????

Newly Registered

Post by new member » Mon May 21, 2012 1:01 pm

sorry i mean 31st dec 2011

Rehan Arain

Post by Rehan Arain » Mon May 21, 2012 1:57 pm

Hi All,

@ New Member....Appeal process may take between 4 to 6 Months. Your Visa will be granted on appeal review.

You should be fine...as long as...you have attached the IELTS Certificate & achieved 4 or above in all sections.

See ... I will never trust adviser...You should have done your own reasearch and had known what documents are required with Visa Applications.

Advisers ....don't care...and don't have indepth knowledge....( Must say Not All are the same).

Piece of advise for every one who is applying for Spouse Visa...Pls..Pls..Pls... Check what documents are required and submit them..Best source of Info is UKBA website or Google it for Spouse Visa Documents...( they are almost the same for UK visa wherever you are applying from)

Otherwise....unecessary time spent in waiting and appealing & stresses on both side.

Hope it all clears.

sazkhan

Post by sazkhan » Mon May 21, 2012 2:03 pm

do they accept online forms for spouse visa from Pakistan now? and do we have to take a separate appointment to give them our biometrics data or they take our biometrics data on the same day when we go to submit our application?

Rehan Arain

Post by Rehan Arain » Mon May 21, 2012 2:12 pm

Hi Saz Khan.

From 1 May 2012 ,All Visa Applicants must submit online Application form.
Once you submit online Form..it goes straight to UKBA data base & retrieved when your application is considered.

Don't forget to Print that Form.... .Read 3 times to ensure no errors...and ....Sign it...and submit at Gerry's. They will take Biometrics at the same day.

Yes! You must book an appointment.

One more thing....when you fill online application form....Please read the guidance notes.
Last edited by Rehan Arain on Mon May 21, 2012 2:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Newly Registered

Post by new member » Mon May 21, 2012 2:16 pm

thanxs rehan.

The thing is i told my hubby to take the test jst incase and submit it the 1st time round and i did all the research and i told him jst tke the test...sometimes the other half jst dnt listen Lol. I did my research.

He got overal 5.5 in Iselts so hope tht be enough. The only reason y i am worried about appeal being refused is that some r saying u only appleal wn u argue against ECO decision,the fault was ours 4 not submitting right doc in the 1st place,but we have writen a letter with appeal explaining the reason why he didnt take the test the 1st time round. I heard u cnt appeal with new fresh evidence but as hubby sent his degree certificiate the 1st time round he submitted his degree certificiate so appealing with Iselts certificate isnt exactly fresh evidence right?

It sucks now..jst one mistake made has cost us another annoying wait, and i cnt even b sure if that be successful or not.Inshala hope it is and hope i wont have to go thru the full appeal (going court).

To conclude....Rehans rights,anyone applying,make sure you fulfil requirements..even if u think u r exempt from taking test,take it incase.

Newly Registered

Post by new member » Mon May 21, 2012 2:21 pm

the worst part is...even for uk asulym tribunal to put appeal on database takes sooo long,its already been about 3weeks and we still hven't got appeal ref number. i rang them up and currently they are working on 17th april..

any1 on here who appealed similiar time as me? (28th april 12)...any1 heard anything :)

Rehan Arain

Post by Rehan Arain » Mon May 21, 2012 2:21 pm

Hi New Member.

Don't listen to any body....Your Visa definitely will be granted....If you back read this thread...you will find out...that Visa are granted on appeal...

Don't worry at all....Just relax..make yourself a cup of tea...and enjoy.

Newly Registered

Post by new member » Mon May 21, 2012 2:22 pm

sorry rehan...1 mre question, u mentioned appeal process cld tke 4-6mnths,do u mean that time frime for the full blown appeal or jst the review?

Rehan Arain

Post by Rehan Arain » Mon May 21, 2012 2:28 pm

Full appeal process...with BHC Call in letter for Visa processing...it will almost take 5 months.

Newly Registered

Post by new member » Mon May 21, 2012 2:34 pm

lets jst hope it be quicker than that:)

By the way,congrats to everyone here whos visa got accepted and good luck to those who r still waiting. The wait be worth it in the end

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Mon May 21, 2012 3:12 pm

new member wrote:the worst part is...even for uk asulym tribunal to put appeal on database takes sooo long,its already been about 3weeks and we still hven't got appeal ref number. i rang them up and currently they are working on 17th april..

any1 on here who appealed similiar time as me? (28th april 12)...any1 heard anything :)

Hi, i am on the 19th April king and syma are also april appeals. I believe that Syma handed her in on the 4th..... i dont believe she has heard anything.....

I dont know about King either
visa stamped?

Newly Registered

Post by new member » Mon May 21, 2012 3:27 pm

Thanxs zully. so we r all on the same boat,hope its good news 4 us inshalla. Re submitting may hve been quicker bt risk they cld find another fault.

Once our appeal is on uk database then count dwn from there......

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Mon May 21, 2012 3:35 pm

new member wrote: Once our appeal is on uk database then count dwn from there......
Expect confirmation of the deadline given to ECM to be communicated to you by 2nd week of June, it does not mean your appeal is processed then, you appeal will be processed I'm guessing a day or two after the Jubille bank holidays.

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Mon May 21, 2012 3:38 pm

new member wrote:Thanxs zully. so we r all on the same boat,hope its good news 4 us inshalla. Re submitting may hve been quicker bt risk they cld find another fault.

Once our appeal is on uk database then count dwn from there......
Yes that is correct. I am hoping that they wont find no other faults.... I dont know if they can refuse on some thing else if initally they have refused on some thing else. I sent all the info and supporting documents for the refused decision and that is it as they didnt have an issue with anything else.

I will wait till the end of this week and see if they have started on mine yet or not.

Zully
visa stamped?

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Mon May 21, 2012 3:45 pm

zully wrote:
ssms wrote:hi does any body know how to withdraw application and how long it takes to get the passport back?
Hi I dont think it is that easy...... maybe call gerry's see what they say. Ive not really heard anyone cancel halfway.
if you dont mind me asking why are you withdrawing your application

zully

You can withdraw your application any time before the decision takes place. But the fee will not be refunded. There is a form which you can fill it and dispatch it to you embassy.
After taking Advice; remember Everyone's application, and thus supporting documents, will be different depending on personal circumstances.

Newly Registered

Post by new member » Mon May 21, 2012 4:17 pm

So how does the appeal process work exactly...appeal put on database,confirmation letter sent to you with ref number,then do they send it back to where ever it got refused in 1st place? in my case dubai,i guess thats where Eco reviews it

mirpur
- thin ice -

Post by mirpur » Mon May 21, 2012 4:22 pm

anyone shed any light on mirpur and its waiting times? seems to be longer than most others?

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Mon May 21, 2012 4:31 pm

the process goes like this...... once the money is taken out.
then they send paper work back to embassy to see if they change their decision... they have up to 19 weeks. if they don't change their decision then the court will write with a court day which can be up to 8 weeks.

This is what the court man told me today....they also said they are on the 18th of april today and to call back by friday and it should have a reference number for me.

If the decision is over turned then you will recieve a call letter in due course im not how long thy take to send it out..... once the passport goes into embassy then about a week after that you get your passport back with a visa....

Zully
visa stamped?

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Mon May 21, 2012 4:32 pm

new member wrote:So how does the appeal process work exactly...appeal put on database,confirmation letter sent to you with ref number,then do they send it back to where ever it got refused in 1st place? in my case dubai,i guess thats where Eco reviews it
You post ref should say islamabad or dubai thats were it will go.

Zully
visa stamped?

aaaaaa123

Post by aaaaaa123 » Mon May 21, 2012 5:07 pm

Does anybody know how u can make a complaint to abu dubai about the way ur application was handled
Application submitted and forwad to ISB OC - 05/01/12
Refused 25/04/12
Appeal lodged 08/05/12

aimsal

Post by aimsal » Mon May 21, 2012 5:24 pm

aaaaaa123 wrote:Does anybody know how u can make a complaint to abu dubai about the way ur application was handled

If you are in Pakistan, if your reference number is prefixed by ABDH, UKHB or UK Visa Section you should send your complaint to: visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk
ref link: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... %20English
29-03-2012 Application submitted at Karachi
29-03-2012 application forwarded to islamabad oc
13-04-2012 application forwarded to bhc for process

sazkhan

Post by sazkhan » Mon May 21, 2012 5:31 pm

Rehan Arain wrote:Hi Saz Khan.

From 1 May 2012 ,All Visa Applicants must submit online Application form.
Once you submit online Form..it goes straight to UKBA data base & retrieved when your application is considered.

Don't forget to Print that Form.... .Read 3 times to ensure no errors...and ....Sign it...and submit at Gerry's. They will take Biometrics at the same day.

Yes! You must book an appointment.

One more thing....when you fill online application form....Please read the guidance notes.
Thanks

aaaaaa123

Post by aaaaaa123 » Mon May 21, 2012 5:53 pm

Can sum1 give me the number for abu dubai. Can u tell me wat time they close.
Application submitted and forwad to ISB OC - 05/01/12
Refused 25/04/12
Appeal lodged 08/05/12