ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fedupwaitingtoo
Newly Registered

FLR(M) Waiting

Post by fedupwaitingtoo » Wed May 16, 2012 8:26 pm

We had a discussion my wife and I tonight. (you can tell how frustrating this is getting)!

I have made the decision to write an email direct to Theresa May. I have given her my timeline and our frustrations.

We will see what comes back.

Theresa May is very easy to find as MP of Maidenhead and email addresses for her office are available.

Good luck.

fedupwaitingtoo
Newly Registered

Frustration

Post by fedupwaitingtoo » Wed May 16, 2012 8:38 pm

Unbelievable! This is an attack on basic human rights (we cannot just come and go) we no identification, we cannot plan a future and we need to pray for anything urgent happens in our family because we are simply deprived of our freedom. Without saying it looks exclusion rights. I think three months would be the maximum time to complete these processes reasonable. I think three months would be the maximum reasonable time to complete these processes. The truth is that leave much to be desired in the matter of attention to the customer and efficiency at work.

Really a desperate situation .... as gods, they (UKBA) do not come into contact with anyone even the MPs have access to them. We do not know that criterion of order UKBA uses to dispatch processes…
( by date of receipt? by type of visa? .... Anyone know?) As I said in my previous post, my MP must wait 30-40 days to receive some news from UKBA. For me it is clear that this path (MP) does not work. So maybe that filling the mailbox with email or peaceful demonstration in front of the HO will be ineffective .... The truth is that I do not know what to do or think…. I just feel helpless, no control over my life…speechless!!

Excuse me but I cannot think of anything that could be really effective to get out of this nightmare….. Take the matter to Theresa May?

Regards!

tommyc
Newly Registered

Post by tommyc » Wed May 16, 2012 10:55 pm

almost 7 weeks since biometrics (31st march), and still waiting. really need passports back within next 8 weeks for both job applications and a holiday....

please keep updating when visas are issued so that we all get an idea of the times. Good luck to everybody!

FLR M

Post by 2222 » Thu May 17, 2012 1:01 am

Hi all,

I am really fed up waiting, I have been waiting since 27th February for FLR M, I contacted my MP and he contacted UKBA and I was told that my application is still in the process, and they could give my MP a timeframe for the application to be decided.

I am not happy at all; it seems that the UKBA doesn’t care about our life.
Please keep updating this Forum and let us know if anyone gets Visa.

AngieLynn09
Newly Registered

Re: Waiting FLR(M)

Post by AngieLynn09 » Thu May 17, 2012 8:51 am

fedupwaitingtoo wrote:Hi everybody...

Like everyone in this forum, I'm very disappointed :(
My husband & I made contact with our MP and his Office. Not heard anything for 2 weeks now. We had quick response from the MP Office and they sent letter very quickly to UKBA. We spoke with the office to see if they had heard anything and was told it could be 30 to 40 days before a reply would be made from UKBA.

My time line just to show we are not alone in this....

Application sent 6th January 2012 with all documents.
Acknowledgment letter dater 31st Jan received 3rd Feb 2012.
Biometrics letter received 10th march 2012
Enrolled Biometrics Golders Green post office 13th March 2012.

Date BRP recieved : Still waiting.
Date documents received : still waiting.

Application is fiance visa to FLR(M)

We feel let down by the performance of UKBA and see all problems in both forums and on the news. We also see they are getting bonuses for their good work!!!!

All the best to everyone and good fortune.

Fedupwaitingtoo

Fedupwaitingtoo, I was just thinking maybe you should call your MP office again and insist they call the UKBA. You mentioned they wrote a letter, but the MP's have a special hotline number to the UKBA that they can call. This is what our MP did and they received an answer same day. Just a thought, best of luck!

TheLongWait
Newly Registered

Our Timeline

Post by TheLongWait » Thu May 17, 2012 11:23 am

HI

I've been monitoring the pages, and here is our completed timeline

Date application sent: 23rd February 2012
Acknowledgement letter received(dated): 27th February 2012
Biometrics letter received/dated: 19th March 2012
Biometrics taken (At Camden Town P/O): 2nd April 2012
Documents received: 11th May 2012
Biometrics Permit received: 17th May 2012 (Although they tried to deliver last week, but no-one was in, so we was sent a letter saying they have it ready to deliver, so looks like they arrive on similar dates to documents)

11 weeks in total from start to finish

My Wife changed from Tier 4 Student to Spouse Visa

My advice to successful application is to include

3 months worth of payslips for both parties
an english test results approved by the Home Office
All passports
Marriage Certificate or relevant documents
Correct Photos

We were a straight forward case, however we were refused initially because of the Proof of English not being what was required. So, we re-applied with an English test taken called IELTS. I would strongly recommend taking this test to make sure that your application is not refused, as this test is recognised by the Home Office!

Hope this is of use to you all and Good Luck, as painful as it is, it is a long waiting game!

tommyc
Newly Registered

Post by tommyc » Thu May 17, 2012 1:29 pm

Congratulations TheLongWait!

Good to read some positive news for a change on here - although a bit worrying for me that you enrolled your biometrics 3 days after us and have your visa already!!

fingers and toes crossed for the next few days....

waitwaitwait

Post by waitwaitwait » Thu May 17, 2012 1:58 pm

tommyc wrote:Congratulations TheLongWait!

Good to read some positive news for a change on here - although a bit worrying for me that you enrolled your biometrics 3 days after us and have your visa already!!

fingers and toes crossed for the next few days....
I agree, finally we started hearing good news on this forum.
Im worried as well as mine was a straightforward case
To other people querying about english test, i took TOEIC test as ukba website mentioned that name for the category.

Lets hope we can join the list of sucessful candidates soon.

Good luck everyone.

My timeline until now-

Date Docs sent: 08/02/12 
Date Ack. Letter received: 20/02/12 
Date biometrics booking letter received: 20/03/12 (dated 16/03/12) 
Date biometrics enrolled (at Holborn post office): 22/03/12 
Date BRP received: waiting 
Date Docs received: waiting 

zaakiir
Newly Registered

Post by zaakiir » Thu May 17, 2012 3:14 pm

Just want to share this timeline below for my wife application:

Date Docs sent: 09/02/12
Biometrics booking letter: received 17/3/12
Biometrics issued 20/3/12 (Post Office)
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: Pending
Date Biometric Card Received from HO: 17/05/2012 (Letter Dated: 14/05/2012)

No sign of the passport yet... but quite happy to receive the BRP! What a relief....

Not sure if it made a differennce, wrote to MP on 9/05/12; received acknowlegment from the MP office that the case has been forwarded on to a case worker on the same day. I have not heard anything from them since then... so not sure!!!

Good luck to everyone else!

fedupwaitingtoo
Newly Registered

MPs office

Post by fedupwaitingtoo » Thu May 17, 2012 7:18 pm

I followed up my email to Theresa May with my MP office as I had copied them in.
The office was great and I did ask if they could contact UKBA and she did.
The office rang me back within 1/2 hour with result of disscussion.

Firstly they asked UKBA why no reply to their letter and there appeared no answer for some reason.
The office then progressed my wifes application.
The news is that UKBA are processing as we speak but could not (would not ) comment on how long. The UKBA person did say it is work load and long back log. It does make you wonder why!
The MP office said she is to email with their disappointment at the treatment and I asked them to add that we would progress again in a week if we had not heard anything.
It does seem that the MP office can help within limits. Aleast they do have direct contact with the right place.

By the way no reply from Theresa May office yet.

Good luck all.

fedupwaitingtoo
Newly Registered

Re: Waiting FLR(M)

Post by fedupwaitingtoo » Thu May 17, 2012 7:43 pm

AngieLynn09 wrote:
fedupwaitingtoo wrote:Hi everybody...

Like everyone in this forum, I'm very disappointed :(
My husband & I made contact with our MP and his Office. Not heard anything for 2 weeks now. We had quick response from the MP Office and they sent letter very quickly to UKBA. We spoke with the office to see if they had heard anything and was told it could be 30 to 40 days before a reply would be made from UKBA.

My time line just to show we are not alone in this....

Application sent 6th January 2012 with all documents.
Acknowledgment letter dater 31st Jan received 3rd Feb 2012.
Biometrics letter received 10th march 2012
Enrolled Biometrics Golders Green post office 13th March 2012.

Date BRP recieved : Still waiting.
Date documents received : still waiting.

Application is fiance visa to FLR(M)

We feel let down by the performance of UKBA and see all problems in both forums and on the news. We also see they are getting bonuses for their good work!!!!

All the best to everyone and good fortune.

Fedupwaitingtoo

Fedupwaitingtoo, I was just thinking maybe you should call your MP office again and insist they call the UKBA. You mentioned they wrote a letter, but the MP's have a special hotline number to the UKBA that they can call. This is what our MP did and they received an answer same day. Just a thought, best of luck!
Thankyou for your reply and we did try this see our post on the result.

newtothegame
Newly Registered

Re: .....

Post by newtothegame » Fri May 18, 2012 4:11 pm

dodokire wrote:Hi all, I and my wife submitted her application for spouse visa since 26th of april and we have not received any acknowledgement letter and the money for the application fee is still intact what could be happening pls?.

I just hope my bank allowed them deduct the fees of £561 because I am more than confused....anybody with any advice
Hi Dodokire

I was wondering if you had an update on your status?

I recently sent in my application (04-May) and still havent recived my acknowledgement letter.

Any advice would be much appreciated! Starting to get a serious case of the worries.

pippa
Newly Registered

Post by pippa » Fri May 18, 2012 7:48 pm

I haven't applied yet but seeing people's problem waiting for a long time for postal application makes me think that I should apply in person...

waitwaitwait

Post by waitwaitwait » Fri May 18, 2012 7:54 pm

pippa wrote:I haven't applied yet but seeing people's problem waiting for a long time for postal application makes me think that I should apply in person...
You should consider yourself to be very lucky that you are in this situation where you can avoid all the hassle of waiting and waiting.
If you have any travel plans then do apply in person.
If you dont mind waiting for 3-4 months then you may apply by post.
Some of us,infact most of us have been waiting for more than 3 months and still no news.

pippa
Newly Registered

Post by pippa » Fri May 18, 2012 8:00 pm

waitwaitwait wrote:
pippa wrote:I haven't applied yet but seeing people's problem waiting for a long time for postal application makes me think that I should apply in person...
You should consider yourself to be very lucky that you are in this situation where you can avoid all the hassle of waiting and waiting.
If you have any travel plans then do apply in person.
If you dont mind waiting for 3-4 months then you may apply by post.
Some of us,infact most of us have been waiting for more than 3 months and still no news.
I know, thank God I discover this forum soon enough before I consider applying. Hope everyone else will get some updates soon. You have paid a lot of money to them.

blueboy
Newly Registered

Post by blueboy » Sat May 19, 2012 2:20 pm

blueboy wrote:New to this forum so hi to everyone. Frustrating situation to all on here for sure.

Sent all my documents in on the 8th March 2012 received a letter confirming receipt on the 12th & they cashed the cheque & since then not a damned squeak. No communication at all, no biometrics letter nothing.

Wrote to my MP yesterday to voice my frustration & dismay with the situation. If you can afford it then it can be done on the day so it can't be that time consuming to sort things out in a reasonable time. I want to take my wife home to see her aging (83) & unwell mother, I guess she will be gone before we will even have any passports to go there. So sorry for my wife as she may not see her mum again in this life because of bureaucracy here in the UK. I had to write to my MP to get her here as she had been waiting for a year for her visa to come in the first place. It seems terrorists & the like can come & go here without difficulty but go down the legal & proper route for a loved one & you get treated like all the people on here, makes me sad to be British at times.
Had a letter today from UKBA telling my wife according to their records she had failed to do her Biometrics within the 15 days given & not provided a reasonable excuse for not doing so, I did not know that we were supposed to be psychic as know nothing about a Biometrics letter or anything else, we have had no communications from them since 12th March.

To say I am spitting nails in an understatement, were sitting here waiting for some communications from them & they say they have written a letter about Biometrics, B****S they have, I guess my MP has rattled their cage & now they have to show they are doing something.

Been given a further 17 days to do the Biometrics & get it back to them. They will get it back by special delivery along with a letter of complaint for their don't care & don't ring us attitude. Its not any of our fault on here that we have to abide by immigration & legal controls but saying that, if the government want it this way then it down to them to sort this whole mess out thats going on.

bobobo

Re: MPs office

Post by bobobo » Mon May 21, 2012 2:37 pm

A quick question for those, who have contacted their MP's. Did you send an email or a written letter to their Westminster/Constituency address. I contacted my MP's constituency office and was told to send an email or a letter to the Westminster address and Not the constituency address so not sure whether to believe them or not, assuming most of the govt organisations are pretty dysfunctional.
All help appreciated
thanks

viking12
Newly Registered

Post by viking12 » Mon May 21, 2012 2:39 pm

bobobo wrote:A quick question for those, who have contacted their MP's. Did you send an email or a written letter to their Westminster/Constituency address. I contacted my MP's constituency office and was told to send an email or a letter to the Westminster address and Not the constituency address so not sure whether to believe them or not, assuming most of the govt organisations are pretty dysfunctional.
All help appreciated
thanks
Hi,

Sent the constituency an email and also left them a voice mail by phone. They were very quick to get back to me. Email was a lot faster I have to say.

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Mon May 21, 2012 3:04 pm

Thanks, the email I have been given is xxxxxxxx@parliament.uk, not sure if this is for the constituency

viking12 wrote:
bobobo wrote:A quick question for those, who have contacted their MP's. Did you send an email or a written letter to their Westminster/Constituency address. I contacted my MP's constituency office and was told to send an email or a letter to the Westminster address and Not the constituency address so not sure whether to believe them or not, assuming most of the govt organisations are pretty dysfunctional.
All help appreciated
thanks
Hi,

Sent the constituency an email and also left them a voice mail by phone. They were very quick to get back to me. Email was a lot faster I have to say.

viking12
Newly Registered

Post by viking12 » Mon May 21, 2012 3:25 pm

Yes that looks about right. The email I sent off also had the parliment suffix.

Also, if they dont get back in touch with you in a few days, pop them a reminder. Thats what I did :)

bobobo wrote:Thanks, the email I have been given is xxxxxxxx@parliament.uk, not sure if this is for the constituency

viking12 wrote:
All help appreciated
thanks
Hi,

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Mon May 21, 2012 5:34 pm

Cheers mate, thanks for your help
viking12 wrote:Yes that looks about right. The email I sent off also had the parliment suffix.

Also, if they dont get back in touch with you in a few days, pop them a reminder. Thats what I did :)

bobobo wrote:Thanks, the email I have been given is xxxxxxxx@parliament.uk, not sure if this is for the constituency

viking12 wrote:
All help appreciated
thanks
Hi,

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Tue May 22, 2012 12:23 am

Just to update - I did send an email to my MP who cam eback to me around 9.30pm and said that he would make enquiries with the HO and would cc me in them, so now just have to wait and watch to see what happens.

viking12 wrote:Yes that looks about right. The email I sent off also had the parliment suffix.

viking12 wrote:
All help appreciated
thanks
Hi,

Post by 2222 » Tue May 22, 2012 8:36 pm

3 Month today and still no news from HO for FLR M, I really had enough from them....... Any one heard anything?

blueboy
Newly Registered

Post by blueboy » Tue May 22, 2012 9:38 pm

Have now done the Biometrics & according to the Post Office the details are sent straight to the UKBA via computer. Still sent a recorded letter to tell them we had no letter regarding Biometrics. Also let my MP know, they said to let them know if any further delays now.

Will leave it for one month now & if no communications my MP will be getting another email. All this started at the beginning of March so nearly 3 months now. I fully intend to keep the pressure up if things are not done within a reasonable time, I feel thats already passed but will give it a bit longer before I start writing more letters/emails.

FLR M

Post by 2222 » Wed May 23, 2012 4:49 pm

Any FLR M Visa through or not yet? Updates please......