ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ORafi
Newly Registered

Re: Anxious and waiting

Post by ORafi » Sun May 20, 2012 4:18 pm

SingaporeGirl wrote:I sent off my SET (M) on 15 February but exactly a month later got all my documents returned to me saying I have used the wrong form. They refunded my fee. Used the updated form with biometrics section and sent everything off again on 19 March. Acknowledgment letter received on 20 March and payment taken the day after. On 5 May I received my biometrics letter dated 1 May and I went to the Post Office on 8 May to do the data capture. Does anyone know if that means they are in the final stages of preparing the visa? I have a trip booked in June and have been worried sick I will be unable to go, which looks very likely since they seem to be taking so long.
Hi SingaporeGirl
i was in a similar situation (submitted an outdated form) but instead of returning all my documents to me they only sent me my form back a month later and a letter asking me to submit the new form - which i did on 28th Feb. and yeah i also have a trip booked on 2nd June so a complete nervous wreck right now.

looking at the timelines these days it seems we have to wait on avg for 13 weeks these days for the ILR for set m. But given that you have submitted your biometrics stuff it is hopefully going to be with you soon. maybe u could be one of the lucky ones that get their ILR's very soon.
:)

SingaporeGirl
Newly Registered

Post by SingaporeGirl » Sun May 20, 2012 4:30 pm

Hello ORafi - have you done your biometrics yet? I've been reading on some forums which say that having done your biometrics doesn't necessarily mean the application is okay, everybody has to do it.

UKwannabee

Post by UKwannabee » Sun May 20, 2012 5:02 pm

Hi you guys - reading your posts here. I submitted my app on 1st March and on 26th March I received my Biometrics letter and also additional paperwork to complete (not a new app) because I used the wrong app. I had my Biometrics done on 30th March and still waiting. ORafi - like you I have a trip booked on 7th June (doesn't help there are the two bank hols that week!) but there's still hope. I'll keep you both up-to-date if I hear anything - it's so close!!! If you hear anything - will you let me know? Keep praying it arrives within the next two weeks.

[quote="SingaporeGirl"]Hello ORafi - have you done your biometrics yet? I've been reading on some forums which say that having done your biometrics doesn't necessarily mean the application is okay, everybody has to do it.[/quote]

ORafi
Newly Registered

Post by ORafi » Sun May 20, 2012 7:05 pm

SingaporeGirl wrote:Hello ORafi - have you done your biometrics yet? I've been reading on some forums which say that having done your biometrics doesn't necessarily mean the application is okay, everybody has to do it.
I Donno about biometrics cos I sent my application one day before biometrics became compulsory.. But While i do think very one has to do it in your case if they asked u for biometrics and haven't said anything about the application so Far I think that means its fine and in process.. If anyething was wrong they would have told u by now,..

Will keep u and ukwannabee updated on my application...

Fingers crossed

zainoor1

Post by zainoor1 » Sun May 20, 2012 7:11 pm

OCT1STILRSETO wrote:Hi All,

Can some one tel me, after Home office said - documents dispatched - how long will take for us to receive these documents by Royal mail signed for post????':?'':?'':?'':?'':?'':?'

As every one says - be patient...honestly I don't know how long should I need to wait on this whole thing...this whole thing is life time lesson to me....I donot want to be in this kind of situation any more ( EVERY THING ON HOLD..WHY SHOULD i PUT MYSELF INTO THIS HORRIBLE SITUATION..) ':x'':x'':x'':x'':x'':x'':x'':x'':x'

Last Monday 14th May 2012 evening 4PM - called Home office - they said my documents dispatched and gave me Royal mail tracking number as welll...

They also mentioned - documents sent to my solicitor - I asked them what is the out come of my this application - they said we cannot give you those details on phone - u have to wait and check ur documents ( though called as High valued migrates - i feel like we are treated as ........t - they dont care about our feelings and situations....)

I checked on Royal mail tracking site till yesterday 19th ( 5 days - since HO dispatched documents) - it says come back later...

Can some one tel me, after HO confirmed about documents dispatched - how long will it take for us to receive these documents????

Thanks and regards. :? :? :x
hi mate...can you write H.O enquiry number and option bcz i applied set M on 09 march and biometric done on 02 may but im still waiting. i wana call and ask them about my documents but i don,t know the enquiry number and which option i need to select. please anyone write in this forum please

sufferhead
Mood:
Nigeria

check with royalmail

Post by sufferhead » Mon May 21, 2012 2:09 am

I WILL SUGGEST YOU CONTACT ROYALMAIL DISTRIBUTION CENTRE FOR YOUR AREA IN PERSON WITH THE TRACKING NUMBER GIVEN TO YOU BY UKBA TOGETHER WITH ANY ID (e.g BANK DEBIT CARD OR DRIVING LICENCE) AND TELL THEM TO HELP YOU TO TRACE IT. THEN YOU WILL KNOW IF UKBA STILL HAVE YOUR DOCUMENT OR IS WITH ROYALMAIL.
AM VERY SURE YOU WILL GET YOUR ILR.

BEST OF LUCK.
OCT1STILRSETO wrote:Hi All,

Can some one tel me, after Home office said - documents dispatched - how long will take for us to receive these documents by Royal mail signed for post????':?'':?'':?'':?'':?'':?'

As every one says - be patient...honestly I don't know how long should I need to wait on this whole thing...this whole thing is life time lesson to me....I donot want to be in this kind of situation any more ( EVERY THING ON HOLD..WHY SHOULD i PUT MYSELF INTO THIS HORRIBLE SITUATION..) ':x'':x'':x'':x'':x'':x'':x'':x'':x'

Last Monday 14th May 2012 evening 4PM - called Home office - they said my documents dispatched and gave me Royal mail tracking number as welll...

They also mentioned - documents sent to my solicitor - I asked them what is the out come of my this application - they said we cannot give you those details on phone - u have to wait and check ur documents ( though called as High valued migrates - i feel like we are treated as ........t - they dont care about our feelings and situations....)

I checked on Royal mail tracking site till yesterday 19th ( 5 days - since HO dispatched documents) - it says come back later...

Can some one tel me, after HO confirmed about documents dispatched - how long will it take for us to receive these documents????

Thanks and regards. :? :? :x
nothing united in United Nation.

R&F

Re: Hubby's SET M

Post by R&F » Mon May 21, 2012 9:28 am

allpatienceisgone wrote:Hi all,

I have been spying this forum for a while now, hubby and I are waiting on his SET M to come through and I am really losing the plot. We applied late February, got acknowledged the 27th Feb 2012.

Hubby lost his grandmother 4 weeks ago, of course, we are prisoners here at the moment and couldn't attend the funeral. Hubby is unemployed, not for lack of looking and trying. He's got an MA and years and years of experience in oil and gas, and just is having no luck at all for work.

Sod's law, though, the phone has been ringing the last couple of weeks, and as soon as he mentions that his passport is with the UKBA, the line goes cold. So unfortunate!

I wrote my MP 2 weeks ago with no response yet. I would think our application should be relatively straightforward. I run my own business, though, so that may make it more difficult, but we did send evidence of savings to them, so hopefully they will take everything into consideration.

So tired of waiting, though....don't know how they can get away with this!

It is an outrage!

:(
Hi, I was also in the same boat. I am being made redundant and needed a new job as my husband has had the same issues as yours finding work.
I had no papers to show new employers that I can work, but I found a form the employer can fill to verify working eligibility with the HO.
Tell your husband to tell tell them that he can work here, once he gets the offer he can tell them to phone the home office to verify and apparently they tell them that it is fine, I believe the company just has to protect themselves against a fine.

I got two job offers and they both verified with HO and said it was fine.

So good luck, and hopefully our IRL will come soon.

R&F

Post by R&F » Mon May 21, 2012 9:32 am

Hi everyone, hope we all have a week full of good news.

On another note, does anyone know how to retrieve your password from this forum. I have been using the computer at work, but when I get home I can't post.

My last day at work is Thursday and I am afraid I won't be able to let you know my final timelines if I can't post from home, or I'll have to create a new login.

Thanks for any suggestions.

R&F

Post by R&F » Mon May 21, 2012 12:17 pm

R&F wrote:Hi everyone, hope we all have a week full of good news.

On another note, does anyone know how to retrieve your password from this forum. I have been using the computer at work, but when I get home I can't post.

My last day at work is Thursday and I am afraid I won't be able to let you know my final timelines if I can't post from home, or I'll have to create a new login.

Thanks for any suggestions.
No worries, I figured it out. Thanks

zainoor1

ilr time after bio metric

Post by zainoor1 » Mon May 21, 2012 3:31 pm

hi...can anyone write the home office enquiry telephone number . i wana asked about my application progress.

actually i called on 0870 606 7766 and then option no. 3 but my call was automatically disconected.

please can anyone reply me how to contact home office about enquiry of application progress . please

Miths
Newly Registered

Post by Miths » Mon May 21, 2012 3:50 pm

Hi zainoor1

I've been trying the same, but unfortunately the Home Office do not entertain phone calls regarding application progress, until and unless an ILR application has been with them for more than 6 months.

If there is anyone who knows anything different, then could you please let us all know.

Best wishes

Miths

zainoor1

home office application progress enquiry

Post by zainoor1 » Mon May 21, 2012 4:45 pm

hi mate.. thanx for reply..
im reading this forum since i applied my ilr and many people says that called h.o and ask about application enquiry.

R&F

Re: home office application progress enquiry

Post by R&F » Mon May 21, 2012 5:06 pm

zainoor1 wrote:hi mate.. thanx for reply..
im reading this forum since i applied my ilr and many people says that called h.o and ask about application enquiry.
From what I've read here, I have not tried, some people dial 0 instead of 3 and wait till someone picks up, could take over 15 minutes. They usually dial like 5 minutes before 9am and it is supposed to be quicker, less queque

Hope this helps

zainoor1

Post by zainoor1 » Mon May 21, 2012 6:52 pm

R&F wrote:
From what I've read here, I have not tried, some people dial 0 instead of 3 and wait till someone picks up, could take over 15 minutes. They usually dial like 5 minutes before 9am and it is supposed to be quicker, less queque

Hope this helps
so any negative effect on application if i ask HO about progress , as my application now is 11 weeks old and it is very strightforward application
and my bio-metric done on 2 may by post office so i just wana know the
result?

R&F

Post by R&F » Tue May 22, 2012 9:34 am

zainoor1 wrote:
R&F wrote:

Hope this helps
so any negative effect on application if i ask HO about progress , as my application now is 11 weeks old and it is very strightforward application
and my bio-metric done on 2 may by post office so i just wana know the
result?
That's the million dollar question, only Ho knows if enquiries delay the process.

limmilim
Newly Registered

Post by limmilim » Tue May 22, 2012 9:56 am

I am not sure about negative effects on application but I did write an email to UKBACustomerComplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk early April and got a response last week (I sent in my application on the 29th Dec 2011). The response was not very helpful though as it contained conflicting messages. And when I called 0870 606 7766 to follow up, they gave me a totally different response altogether!

Zainoor1, you can try calling them but I don't think they are a very helpful bunch of people.... Patience is a virtue at this point

zainoor1

Post by zainoor1 » Tue May 22, 2012 12:31 pm

limmilim wrote:I am not sure about negative effects on application but I did write an email to UKBACustomerComplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk early April and got a response last week (I sent in my application on the 29th Dec 2011). The response was not very helpful though as it contained conflicting messages. And when I called 0870 606 7766 to follow up, they gave me a totally different response altogether!

Zainoor1, you can try calling them but I don't think they are a very helpful bunch of people.... Patience is a virtue at this point
hi limmilim..thax for it.

yes i just called on 08706067766 and select option 0 but after about 19minutes wait..lady on phone said. she cann,t provide information on application progress or any thing bcz my application is only about 3 months old so she said call us back after 6 month time of application.

OCT1STILRSETO
Newly Registered

Post by OCT1STILRSETO » Tue May 22, 2012 12:47 pm

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Not sure what is going on with my documents....called HO to check about the post... HO confirmed my documents dispatched on 15th May.. today it is 22nd MAY... I keep on checking Royalmail tracking site - it says - come back later... :( :( :( :( :(
checking checking all possible options...

I moved home since I submitted this application, but my application sent by a solicitor...checking old home address, checking with solicitor etc ..

As HO customer service confirmed yesterday - documents dispatched 15th June - and they sent via 2nd CLASS SIGNED FOR POST .. honestly...I cannot understand this...HO charges visa fee 000's but how come they are sending very very important documents by 2nd class post...it seems no one really question HO about this...totally p.....ed off about this...

Its been 10 days since HO dispatched - still no sign of documents...

I stopped chasing my soliciator, stopped checking royal mail...stopped thingking all about this... carry on with my work............................... I am trying to be very very patient and just pray and wish for happy ending to this.. if time permits I want to write a book - and take a documentary about my this experience [should be a HONEST - BLACK AND WHITE lesson to all future HIGHLY EDUCATED - WELL PAID -HUGE TAX PAID - VERY HARD WORKING IMMIGRANTS] ( I question myself - why should I put myself into this situation - feel very sorry to myself)...
MY TIME LINES
APP.TYPE : SET(O)
DOC.SENT: 1 NOVEM,2011
ACK.LETTER RECEIVED : 4TH NOVE,2011 - letter sent to SOLICATOR
TIME SINCE SENT ACROSS APPLICATION: 6.5 MONTHS
DOCUMENTS DISPATCHED 15TH JUNE,2012
current status: waiting....

Thanks

yyoji
Newly Registered

Post by yyoji » Tue May 22, 2012 1:32 pm

Applied for ILR SET(m)
Document send 2 Feb
Document recieved by HO 3 Feb
Ack letter recieved 7Feb
Payment gone through 7Feb
Received my passport today,22 May

Just to share my joy, and all the best wishes to everyone in waiting

serengetiuk
Newly Registered

Post by serengetiuk » Tue May 22, 2012 3:28 pm

Applied for ILR SET(M) through Checking Service 13/1/2012
Acknowledgment 17/1/2012
Still waiting (18 weeks so far)

toolong
Newly Registered

Post by toolong » Tue May 22, 2012 7:43 pm

My timeline

App type: set (o) WP and tier2
Doc sent : 24/10/2011
Ack letter dated: 26/10/2011
Time waiting app 7 months

today called HO and they said that documents had been dispatched yesterday and gave me the tracking number. Fingers crossed i do not know how long will it take for these documents to get delivered.

OCT1STILRSETO
Newly Registered

Post by OCT1STILRSETO » Wed May 23, 2012 1:50 pm

yyoji - CONGRATS - some people are lucky
-----------------------------------------------------------------
8 days since HO dispatched (15MAY) my documents via Royal Mail Second class post - status at this point of time today 23 MAY - no change - not received these documents - Royal mail tracking site says 'COME BACK LATER'.
:) :) :) :) hands up in the AIR and keep smiling about it :D : be happy and healthy : leave rest to GOD...

any suggestions from you all.. : honestly I really appreciate ...

Skirty
Newly Registered

Post by Skirty » Wed May 23, 2012 3:12 pm

Just figured out the whole discrepancy between the ILR granted date and the date you receive your passport. I know some of you have been saying that you receive your passports like a month after the ILR is actually granted and that they might be sort of backdating the stamps for some or the other reason. Some people have been thinking that the passports sit on a pile somewhere or get held by Royal Mail.

Discovered today that your ILR gets granted - and then the passport is sent to a whole other department for the vignette to be fitted. There it is kind of put into another queue for the actual vignette to be pasted in.

Once this is done they mark it as despatched on the system but only post it off by the end of the week - usually to reach you on a Friday or a Saturday, which is why a lot of people get theirs then, cause they wait until they have loads to post off on say, a Thursday, and then they go for it.

So - if your passport is granted on Friday, but they already posted a load of passports off the Thursday before, they will then keep your passport till the next Thursday to be sent of. If there aren't many passports then, they will wait another week. So this is why passports take so long to get to you.

They don't post passports out everyday. They just have one day where they clear the mailroom.

Frustrating and strange, but true.

bob-russell

Post by bob-russell » Wed May 23, 2012 3:21 pm

Skirty wrote:Just figured out the whole discrepancy between the ILR granted date and the date you receive your passport. I know some of you have been saying that you receive your passports like a month after the ILR is actually granted and that they might be sort of backdating the stamps for some or the other reason. Some people have been thinking that the passports sit on a pile somewhere or get held by Royal Mail.

Discovered today that your ILR gets granted - and then the passport is sent to a whole other department for the vignette to be fitted. There it is kind of put into another queue for the actual vignette to be pasted in.

Once this is done they mark it as despatched on the system but only post it off by the end of the week - usually to reach you on a Friday or a Saturday, which is why a lot of people get theirs then, cause they wait until they have loads to post off on say, a Thursday, and then they go for it.

So - if your passport is granted on Friday, but they already posted a load of passports off the Thursday before, they will then keep your passport till the next Thursday to be sent of. If there aren't many passports then, they will wait another week. So this is why passports take so long to get to you.

They don't post passports out everyday. They just have one day where they clear the mailroom.

Frustrating and strange, but true.
This must be a new thing. The delay (unless someone corrects me) between issuing the ILR and receipt of passport appears to have started a few months ago. This does not explain why people are phoning long after ILR has been 'granted' to be told the application is still being considered. None of this is a satisfactory explanation for a three/four week delay in receipt of passport.
Funnily enough the UKBA used to cope with attaching a vignette on the same day of application at PEO appointments.
Not at all convinced by this explanation but if it is true it is an even greater disgrace as they clearly cannot run an efficient system.

SingaporeGirl
Newly Registered

Post by SingaporeGirl » Wed May 23, 2012 3:23 pm

Wow Skirty, how did you know this? It has been 9 weeks since I sent off my application and I'm still waiting. Sent them 3 letters to expedite my application and also phoned to ask if I can go to the Liverpool office to collect the documents in person. No luck so far.