ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Born outside UK Maintanence Fund

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

krishn20
Newly Registered

New Born outside UK Maintanence Fund

Post by krishn20 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:56 am

Hello All,

I'm in UK on my Tier 1 PSW visa and my wife has is on her dependent visa since Apr 2011. In Jan 2012 she went back to India when she was 7 months pregnant. Two weeks back we were blessed with a baby boy (born in India). Now I'm planning to apply for dependent visa for my child from India. Could you please clarify the following query -

1. The policy guidance says bank statement should have 'the name of the main applicant and/or the family member making the application, or (for children only) the name of the other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom'.

Though my wife stayed for 10 months in UK, she is right now not present in UK. The funds for child's depenent application is maintained in my wife's name (she is my dependent). Is this OK?.

Many thanks.

krish

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:44 am

Appendix E of the rules is clearer.

Where the applicant is applying as the Child of a Relevant Points Based System Migrant, the relevant amount of funds must be available to the applicant, the Relevant Points Based System Migrant, or the applicant's other parent who is Lawfully present in the UK or being granted entry clearance, or leave to enter or remain, at the same time.

krishn20
Newly Registered

Post by krishn20 » Mon May 21, 2012 7:17 pm

Hello,

I'm showing maintenance fund only in my wife's name. In total I have maintained approximately £3000 in her Indian bank account for my baby's dependent visa application. My wife already has dependent visa till 05/2013.

I'm already in UK from past 1.5yrs on T1 visa expiring 05/2013. Do we need to really submit my bank statement along with my wife's bank statement? My understanding is that my only £533 is required for my baby. Could anyone please confirm my understanding?

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Mon May 21, 2012 7:47 pm

krishn20 wrote:Hello,

I'm showing maintenance fund only in my wife's name. In total I have maintained approximately £3000 in her Indian bank account for my baby's dependent visa application. My wife already has dependent visa till 05/2013.

I'm already in UK from past 1.5yrs on T1 visa expiring 05/2013. Do we need to really submit my bank statement along with my wife's bank statement? My understanding is that my only £533 is required for my baby. Could anyone please confirm my understanding?
In your case as you are already in the UK for more than 12 months, you will only need to show £533 as maintenance funds. Account for the maintenance funds in your wife's name should be ok.

krishn20
Newly Registered

Post by krishn20 » Thu May 24, 2012 7:36 pm

Many thanks silent_warrior & Lucapuka