ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ikonkar
India

Post by Ikonkar » Tue May 22, 2012 2:50 pm

jheibaby wrote:Hi guys! My package has been sent out last Thursday yet we still haven't received anything - my solicitor said last Friday that it should come yesterday.

Been tracking it like a crazy person but since it's sent only using "recorded signed for" that doesn't give me too much as the only progress it will show is that it's been received and signed. I called royal mail as well but was told the same. Pretty pointless.

How long should this take? Anyone has an idea?
That's correct, you can only track your item once it's been delivered I'm afraid. HO tends to use the cheapest way possible to send out the documentation, it's fair to them as you could imagine how many mails/letters are being sent to the applicants. But on the other hand it's not fair for the applicant like yourself as we all want to know the latest. I hope you should get this within a day or so.

Good luck and GOD BLESS
ikonkar

CoolGirl1984
Poland

Post by CoolGirl1984 » Tue May 22, 2012 3:27 pm

Ikonkar wrote:
jheibaby wrote:Hi guys! My package has been sent out last Thursday yet we still haven't received anything - my solicitor said last Friday that it should come yesterday.

Been tracking it like a crazy person but since it's sent only using "recorded signed for" that doesn't give me too much as the only progress it will show is that it's been received and signed. I called royal mail as well but was told the same. Pretty pointless.

That's correct, you can only track your item once it's been delivered I'm afraid. HO tends to use the cheapest way possible to send out the documentation, it's fair to them as you could imagine how many mails/letters are being sent to the applicants. But on the other hand it's not fair for the applicant like yourself as we all want to know the latest. I hope you should get this within a day or so.

Good luck and GOD BLESS
ikonkar
Cheapest way?? I believe we all included prepaid envelopes, so they should use them to minimalise the costs...

Ikonkar
India

Post by Ikonkar » Tue May 22, 2012 3:35 pm

CoolGirl1984 wrote:
Ikonkar wrote:

Good luck and GOD BLESS
ikonkar
Cheapest way?? I believe we all included prepaid envelopes, so they should use them to minimalise the costs...
I do apologise if I've missed anything in your original post? did you sent pre-paid special delivery envelope with your application?

GOD BLESS
Ikonkar

CoolGirl1984
Poland

Post by CoolGirl1984 » Tue May 22, 2012 3:37 pm

Ikonkar wrote:
CoolGirl1984 wrote:
Ikonkar wrote:

Good luck and GOD BLESS
ikonkar
I do apologise if I've missed anything in your original post? did you sent pre-paid special delivery envelope with your application?

GOD BLESS
Ikonkar
Yes, it was also mentioned in the requirements to enclose the prepaid envelope or that special delivery bags.... It costed me 21 pounds for one, so I've spent 42 pounds at the beginning.

Ikonkar
India

Post by Ikonkar » Tue May 22, 2012 3:54 pm

CoolGirl1984 wrote:
Ikonkar wrote:
CoolGirl1984 wrote:
Ikonkar wrote:

Good luck and GOD BLESS
ikonkar

GOD BLESS
Ikonkar
Yes, it was also mentioned in the requirements to enclose the prepaid envelope or that special delivery bags.... It costed me 21 pounds for one, so I've spent 42 pounds at the beginning.
Hi,

Not sure if it's mentioned in the requirement or not, but it clearly shows HO hasn't used your PP envelope, but infact used there own. So i guess you should hold tight and wait for it to arrive.

Hopefully, tomorrow or day after the latest.
GOD BLESS
Ikonkar

aluter

Post by aluter » Tue May 22, 2012 4:14 pm

Hello jheibaby, I was told mine was sent out on the 16th may and she gave me the tracking number.

I got it on monday 21st may. so it takes about 3-4 days.

aluter

Post by aluter » Tue May 22, 2012 4:15 pm

Samelamin wrote:
aluter wrote:Hey guys,

Thanks very much.

They did not return my student visa that expires end of next year, wondering if i can ask for it back because I would rather not have this worry about entering back to the UK when i have to travel alone or with my friends.

Don't know if it is allowed to have more than 1 visa for the same country at a time.
no I dont think you can

Did you have to sign for it? everyday I go home hoping the postman left me some mail or the red "while you were out card"
Yes it had to be signed for, my husband was in the house so he did that. otherwise, i think they would put the red card through the post.

Hope all the dec applicants get their'soon!!

you all have been very patient

aluter

Post by aluter » Tue May 22, 2012 4:20 pm

heath2006 wrote:great news, aluter!! congrats!! hope we'll get ours soon too! asked for our passports back last week but not heard from them whatsoever.
I think the best way to go about it is put some pressure on them. I had a chance to increase my working hours from 20 to 40 and the company i work for totally refused to do it because my coa was a piece of paper!.

So i emailed them saying this causing me distress etc. Then my RC got processed!!!.

I went in today to speak to HR and my hours have been increased and I get to go to turkey next month because with my RC it takes only 3 days to process the visa!!!!

I feel pretty satisfied lol

aluter

Post by aluter » Tue May 22, 2012 4:22 pm

kingade wrote:

Thanks very much.

They did not return my student visa that expires end of next year, wondering if i can ask for it back because I would rather not have this worry about entering back to the UK when i have to travel alone or with my friends.

Don't know if it is allowed to have more than 1 visa for the same country at a time.
How did they manage to remove your student visa off your passport. did the tear off the page
My student visa was on a residence card for 4 years from the date it was issued.

So it was like a driving license.

aluter

Post by aluter » Tue May 22, 2012 4:27 pm

Jambo wrote:
aluter wrote:I would rather not have this worry about entering back to the UK when i have to travel alone or with my friends.

You are allowed to have a student visa and RC at the same time although the HO might have decided to curtail your visa. But why would you worry travelling alone? With the RC, you don't need to travel with the EEA national every time.
ah ok. I thought I would be asked alot of questions at the airport if/when i was entering the UK. So did not want to bother myself with them.

As long as i do not have a problem traveling without my EEA husband i am ok.

Even when i traveled with him to Portugal using a schengen visa before we got married, i got asked questions about my trip etc.

Godson

Hello

Post by Godson » Tue May 22, 2012 10:45 pm

jheibaby wrote:That's what the lady I spoke to said and she provided me with the tracking number when I called them last Friday.

Be calm :)
Application sent 16-08-11
COA recieved 14-09-11
RC 21-11-11
:D :D :D

kingade

Post by kingade » Wed May 23, 2012 1:09 am

aluter wrote:
kingade wrote:

Thanks very much.

How did they manage to remove your student visa off your passport. did the tear off the page
My student visa was on a residence card for 4 years from the date it was issued.

So it was like a driving license.

Ok I see thanks for the info.
Aluter did u include and special delivery return envelope with ur application.

aluter

Post by aluter » Wed May 23, 2012 8:56 am

No i did not. the HO sent it by 2nd class sign for which took about 3 days.

jheibaby
Newly Registered

Post by jheibaby » Wed May 23, 2012 9:51 am

Wow! I can't believe I'm finally bringing in the good news! I got my RC yesterday just after I posted here. Everything just suddenly feels so much brighter! Although we're positive my RC is back dated, not complaining.

Hang in there guys! I wish for everyone's relief soon!

Mine went two weeks past the six months. Keep positive!

goodies

Post by goodies » Wed May 23, 2012 9:56 am

I sent an email to HO on monday but no reply till now, whats really happening to december applicants. They have by pass december and issueing RC to Jan and Feb applicant. :cry: :cry: :cry:
EEA2 sent 21/12/2011
COA received 19/01/2012
RC ???????????

With God all things are possible.

goodies

Post by goodies » Wed May 23, 2012 9:59 am

jheibaby wrote:Wow! I can't believe I'm finally bringing in the good news! I got my RC yesterday just after I posted here. Everything just suddenly feels so much brighter! Although we're positive my RC is back dated, not complaining.

Congrats mate, Exactly six months period, your worries are over :D
EEA2 sent 21/12/2011
COA received 19/01/2012
RC ???????????

kingade

Post by kingade » Wed May 23, 2012 1:24 pm

jheibaby wrote:Wow! I can't believe I'm finally bringing in the good news! I got my RC yesterday just after I posted here. Everything just suddenly feels so much brighter! Although we're positive my RC is back dated, not complaining.

Congratulations what a long wait I hope I get my RC very soon

My timeline
EEA1 and EEA2 sent 7th March 2012
EEA1 and EEA2 received by HO 8th march 2012
COA and EEA1 registration certificate received 25th April 2012 issued 12th April 2012
RC: hoping and waiting

heath2006

Post by heath2006 » Wed May 23, 2012 1:36 pm

I just got off the phone with the Home Office. Luckily I got to speak to a much more helpful lady this time. I told her that I sent an email a week ago requesting our passports back but have not had a reply ever since. She told me again that it can take up to 5 working days for someone to get back to me. I explained to her that 5 working days have passed. She said that she would put in a second request. However, she does not have access to any information apart from my basic details and does not know whether the email request has been read/processed etc. She then asked me for a specific date I want our passports to be returned. I told her as soon as possible. She kept insisting on a specific date. I said this week Friday. She told me that this is not possible as it takes 10-20 days for the passports to be returned. I said next week Tuesday then. Her answer was that she cannot guarantee this. Honestly, I just find this quite unsettling. We enclosed a self addressed special delivery envelope at the time of applying and I asked the passports to be returned in this envelope. How is it possible for it to take 10-20 days if the special delivery is a next day service and I requested our passports back a week ago? Anyways, I guess we'll be back to waiting and hoping and I do try to stay calm but the whole process is very distressing.

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Wed May 23, 2012 2:16 pm

congrats all we are seeing alot of movement

I think im the only december applicant left :(

so hopefully I get it sometime this week
EEA 4 applied - 15th November 2015
COA received - 18 Jan
Application Refused: 15th of April
Appeal: 16th of April
Reconsideration Letter sent: 16th April
Reapplied EEA 4: 24th October 2016
Payment Taken: 28th October 2016
RC: 23 May 2017

Anatole
Newly Registered

Post by Anatole » Wed May 23, 2012 2:19 pm

Samelamin wrote:congrats all we are seeing alot of movement

No, you are not.

athik
Newly Registered

Post by athik » Wed May 23, 2012 2:43 pm

Anatole wrote:
Samelamin wrote:congrats all we are seeing alot of movement

No, you are not.
NO its not only you still few of them are waiting but good news is, now its moving bit fast comparing to last 3 months
hope we will get our's soon .best of luck to you and me aswell

goodies

Post by goodies » Wed May 23, 2012 3:01 pm

Another December applicant
EEA2 sent 21/12/2011
COA received 19/01/2012
RC ???????????

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Wed May 23, 2012 3:04 pm

haha I stand corrected but I am also glad im not the only one

This past few weeks have been good yes :D so lets hope it continues
EEA 4 applied - 15th November 2015
COA received - 18 Jan
Application Refused: 15th of April
Appeal: 16th of April
Reconsideration Letter sent: 16th April
Reapplied EEA 4: 24th October 2016
Payment Taken: 28th October 2016
RC: 23 May 2017

Amarula
Newly Registered

Post by Amarula » Wed May 23, 2012 3:21 pm

I got my card now))))))))))))))))) , issued 4 may!!!!!!!!!!!

PS in a torn envelope (

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Wed May 23, 2012 3:26 pm

[quote="Amarula"]I got my card now))))))))))))))))) , issued 4 may!!!!!!!!!!!

PS in a torn envelope ([/quote][quote]

Lots of movement now congrats to you guys[/quote]