ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visit Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jacob79
Newly Registered

Family Visit Visa

Post by jacob79 » Tue May 22, 2012 2:00 pm

Hello All,

I am planning to bring my mother to the UK for a month or so. I am a contractor and have been working in the UK for the past two years. The problem that I have is, myself and a collegue of mine have taken a two bedroom house and both our names are there on the tenancy agreement.Does UKBA insist that the propoerty should be rented in the sponsors name alone?Any previous experiences?Please help.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Family Visit Visa

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 22, 2012 2:08 pm

jacob79 wrote:Does UKBA insist that the propoerty should be rented in the sponsors name alone?
No.

But make sure that the tenancy agreement allows someone other than the named tenants to live. If it doesn't, get a letter from the landlord to state that he has no objection to anyone else living in the property he has let to you.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

jacob79
Newly Registered

Post by jacob79 » Tue May 22, 2012 3:03 pm

Hi sushdmehta,

Thank you so much for the reply and advice.As I have leased the house from the letting agent, I will try getting a letter from them according to the guidance given.

Thanks once again.

Regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 22, 2012 11:51 pm

Also show that the accommodation won't be overcrowded.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jacob79
Newly Registered

Parents Visit Visa Accomodation

Post by jacob79 » Thu May 24, 2012 6:44 pm

Hi All,

Is hotel booking a possible proof of accommodation to apply for a visit visa for my mother? I have approached the letting agents but they are not at all ready to give any kind of letters .The house I have is a two double bedroom and there are three people staying(myself + a couple).We all are listed on the tenancy contract.Is the overcrowding rule applicable for visit visas also?My mother plans to be only here for three weeks during summer.Any advice would be much appreciated.

Regards

jacob79
Newly Registered

Help

Post by jacob79 » Sat May 26, 2012 10:25 am

Hi All,

Could somebody please advice??

Regards

Jacob

skyepark

Post by skyepark » Thu May 31, 2012 9:14 pm

Vinny Just read the overcrowded bit and it does mention that it wont be classed as overcrowding if the family are there on a temp basis.