ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dont apply for HSMP - Lot of issues.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

karupalli

Dont apply for HSMP - Lot of issues.

Post by karupalli » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:44 am

I personally feel, HSMP case is much worse compared to other retrospective change 4-5 rule. In 4-5 case, we all need to wait for one more year.

There are three problems for HSMP holders.

1. If HSMP Holders dont get extension, they have to leave the country. Rules changed so that it is impossible to get extension for most of the people.
2. Even if they convert to work permit, their ILR clock will get reset.
3. Who knows at the time of ILR, HSMP holders may be required to prove the points again. Because HO dont know whether HSMP guys are economically active for all these years or not. They may even ask all HSMP people to provide Income tax returns for all years.

In these fearful and uncertain situations, how a HSMP holder can start a company/innovate something?

I suspect that HO may extend the ILR period again for everybody if we dont fight against retrospective rules.

I ask everybody to support us in fight. If possible, please go for WP...Do not look at HSMP.

http://hsmp.blogspot.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HSMP2006/

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:00 pm

Can you please advise how can one get a wrokpermit/find a company who can sponsor?

Are there any agencies who can do?

Wendy Wang
Newly Registered

Post by Wendy Wang » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:52 pm

Go to ,

http://www.vbsi.org.uk/index.php?mact=N ... eturnid=15

This is a website for us to say somthing to the goerment. This is a democracy country, we have our rights!

manindergill

Post by manindergill » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:31 pm

Well,

I agree 100% with what has been said and also in the previous posts. Also , let me mention nothing is going to happen even after raising our voices on some URLs until and unless some thing concrete of a sort of law suite is filled.

For all future GENUINE HSMP applicants, it is a LESSON TO THINK THRICE before shifting here with families / even alone as it requires leaving your current job in which you might be doing great , Making a break in your careear / CV and unfortunately not getting good opportunities here. May get good opportunities but all that takes time which is what an HSMP applicant is really short of as one needs to claim points again on completion of 2 years.

So, guys a caution of advise :- Before spending you valuable £ 315 for new application , think whether it is worth coming , Will you be able to take extension, If Not or seems risky , then think leaving your stable job for some unforeseen circumstances.

Wendy Wang
Newly Registered

Post by Wendy Wang » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:44 pm

As we called ourselves highly skilled migrant, I think it is good to use a lawful and democracy way to express our concerns. This link is for the people who have the same concern like us to join together and use our rights to make this situation be heard by the goverment. I agree that perhaps nothing will change for the exsiting rules, but if more people post their concerns and sign this Affidavit statement for the lawyer to the court, more a chance we can influence the goverment to do something in the future. Or perhaps the court can deal with the individual cases?

http://www.vbsi.org.uk/index.php?mact=N ... eturnid=15

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:57 pm

I agree with manindergill. In the current circumstaces it is suicidal to land here under HSMP. People who really want to come here should take the work permit route. I came here with 75 points but it took me the best part of the 1st year to get a job as per my requirements. I would NEVER have been able to get a extension after 1 year in the current scenario. I think its high time we realised that the HSMP is having a near death experience right now.
Mini