ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which form??

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

doc123
Newly Registered

Which form??

Post by doc123 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:04 am

Hi,

My husband and I have ILR. I have just had a baby boy and would like to get him the british passport as we are due to travel shortly. I would be grateful if some one could advise me which form to use? Is it the form for registration of a child under 18? Will I have to send another form after that to get the passport?

Thanks

Regards

Smit
Member of Standing

Post by Smit » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:25 am

If your baby was born in the UK after both parents received their ILR, the baby is automatically a British Citizen.

All you need to do is submit the passport application form for him/her along with the supporting docs i.e baby's birth certificate, proof of parents ILR and marriage certificate.

doc123
Newly Registered

Post by doc123 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:23 pm

Is the passport application form same as the registration of child under 18 years form or is that separate

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:34 pm

They are separate forms because naturalisation and registration have got nothing to do with issuing of passports.

However, as Smit stated above, assuming you had ILR at the time of your baby's birth, your baby is already a British citizen. Therefore there is nothing to do except apply for a passport for him/her.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

neilroy

Post by neilroy » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:05 pm

Hi,
I was in the same boat as u. My wee boy was born 6 weeks after we got the ILR, as soon as he was back in the home from hospital, applied for passport using Post Office check and send service. Be carefull about the photo though as i had to use a profession photographer to get it right as he was really small and all high streets photo shop instant photo was no good according post office, rejected twice before i finally used the professional one. The documents i submitted was 2 passports with ILR sticker, marriage certificate and the full birth certificate of the boy.
Good Luck