ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (PSW) processing times

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ummer2000

Post by ummer2000 » Wed May 23, 2012 2:03 pm

I did my biometrics on 20th and getting nothing yet, even dx has nothing for me yet. awsome

kartik_r
BANNED

Post by kartik_r » Wed May 23, 2012 2:05 pm

kartik_r wrote:
manex wrote:@kartik_r - Oh really ? I am a little fortunate to have at least receive the acknowledgement to my complaint. I think in that case you can contact the parliamentary ombudsmen service and explain your situation. Explain them that you made a complaint to the local complaints system within the UKBA but haven't had any response from them what so ever even after a month. Apparently they will assess your case and tell you whether they can help with it. More information can be found on this link

http://www.ombudsman.org.uk/make-a-complaint

Their help line number is 0345 015 4033

I would do the same if I have not heard anything from them after 20 working days since I received the acknowledgements. I am counting down! :lol:

Good luck and never ever give up! Let us know what happened.[/quote

good one due, your info is commendable.

You know what ? When i log in to the website and choose UKBA option to raise complaint on 'government' , it is directing me to 'citizen advisory bureau'.

What to do ? and get back plz on this. Can i proceed further and will this affect the visa decision on my favor. If the Ukba find this out that i am raising my voice on the private site about thier service standards, will they f*uck me up in terms on my outstanding current psw application.

Kartik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have sent a follow up ( push @ the back) email. let me see whether those f*uckers respond to this..

Dear UK border Agency,

I have sent couple of emails ( one dt 26th Apr 2012 and other one on May 15th 2012) in the past to UKBACustomerComplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk for which i have not received any response, please react to this visa delay problem.

I'm only one who's left out like this from My University and every one who've applied for PSW on or before Feb 2012 have got the necessary visa. I have attached bill payment receipts and again want to send an email to you to check as what is going on?

I am hoping you'll help me in getting my visa within a week from now,

Many Thanks,
Kartik

hcampbell01
Newly Registered

Post by hcampbell01 » Wed May 23, 2012 2:09 pm

i really dont think complaining will make any difference. Everyone needs their PSW and everyone is delayed. I dont think they will be able to give special treatment to anyone when everyone is in the same boat. Most people including myself have booked flights home for soon and UKBA dont see that as their problem. They have never said a definate time period in which we will definately receive our PSW only a guidence time and with all the problems they are having with computer crashes etc i dont think one person complaining will make them look at that application any quicker.
Just my opinion

manex

Post by manex » Wed May 23, 2012 2:14 pm

@kartik_r - Well according to UKBA, the complaints procedure should not affect the outcome of your application. Anyway PSW is quite a straight forward application in most cases so I do not see how they can refuse it as long as you have the correct qualification, maintenance and acquired the relevant points.

However, I am not sure how you were directed to the citizen advisory bureau. This is the link where I found the information on the UKBA complaints procedure

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/view/ ... ubmit.form

So clearly the next step in your case is to contact the parliamentary ombudsmen service in my opinion. Don't worry this is an in dependent body from UKBA or any government services and in the past they have even published reports on the service of UKBA. See below.

http://www.ombudsman.org.uk/improving-p ... t-and-fair

I think we should all make a voice together!

manex

Post by manex » Wed May 23, 2012 2:20 pm

In my opinion we should all do what we can than just updating each other. I know this has affected everyone else but clearly it is not right and fair for all of us. Especially considering the fees we pay towards their ridiculous service. The purpose of a complaint is not really to expedite one's application but make them aware that this a serious problem affecting lots of us and that they need to resolve this asap, If lots of us complain it might make a difference at least in the future!

manex

Post by manex » Wed May 23, 2012 2:22 pm

@kartik_r - Do keep copies of all the correspondences you make to UKBA especially if you are planing to go ahead with complaining to the ombudsmen service.

hcampbell01
Newly Registered

DX

Post by hcampbell01 » Wed May 23, 2012 2:25 pm

does anyone know if DX is the service they use for the entire uk. i am in Newcastle and i have never heard of DX or know where any DX centres are.
It also seems like most people who have spoken of DX are from a lot further south and around the London area.

Thanks

hwm_22
Newly Registered

Re: DX

Post by hwm_22 » Wed May 23, 2012 2:29 pm

hcampbell01 wrote:does anyone know if DX is the service they use for the entire uk. i am in Newcastle and i have never heard of DX or know where any DX centres are.
It also seems like most people who have spoken of DX are from a lot further south and around the London area.

Thanks
According to their website, they do itnernationally so I'm guessing they also work all around the UK. hope that helps (:

I contacted them today, and they have nothing for me... so sad ):

kumarpsw

Post by kumarpsw » Wed May 23, 2012 2:35 pm

hwm_22; HOW DO YOU CONTACT THEM?

hussainmek
Newly Registered

Post by hussainmek » Wed May 23, 2012 2:39 pm

I think we should just rally outside UKBA centres all over the UK! Its time they got a reality check! There are quite a few people unnecessarily frustated and suffering due to the lack of information provided!

kartik_r
BANNED

Post by kartik_r » Wed May 23, 2012 2:50 pm

manex wrote:@kartik_r - Well according to UKBA, the complaints procedure should not affect the outcome of your application. Anyway PSW is quite a straight forward application in most cases so I do not see how they can refuse it as long as you have the correct qualification, maintenance and acquired the relevant points.

However, I am not sure how you were directed to the citizen advisory bureau. This is the link where I found the information on the UKBA complaints procedure

So clearly the next step in your case is to contact the parliamentary ombudsmen service in my opinion. Don't worry this is an in dependent body from UKBA or any government services and in the past they have even published reports on the service of UKBA. See below.

Go to that page and in the centre you'll have an orange box as how can we help you... follow the 3 subsequent drop box and i you try to file complaint about ukba (govt based) i literally mean if you choose that form boxes at last it will direct you to citizen adivisory webiste.

I hope i made you clear on my statement

Kartik

hwm_22
Newly Registered

Post by hwm_22 » Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm

kumarpsw wrote:hwm_22; HOW DO YOU CONTACT THEM?
i got it off someone else who left it up here a couple of pages ago (thanks for that btw! (: ) and alls you have to do is email them at tracking@securemail.co.uk
and include your fully name, your address, and tell them your waiting for a delivery from UKBA basically.

@Kumarpsw: what is your timeline like??

kumarpsw

Post by kumarpsw » Wed May 23, 2012 2:59 pm

@hwm_22 biometrics on 28 march

walkowitz

Post by walkowitz » Wed May 23, 2012 3:02 pm

kumarpsw wrote:@hwm_22 biometrics on 28 march
I am with you any updateeeeeee ...

kumarpsw

Post by kumarpsw » Wed May 23, 2012 3:11 pm

no update

manex

Post by manex » Wed May 23, 2012 3:15 pm

kartik_r wrote:
manex wrote:@kartik_r - Well according to UKBA, the complaints procedure should not affect the outcome of your application. Anyway PSW is quite a straight forward application in most cases so I do not see how they can refuse it as long as you have the correct qualification, maintenance and acquired the relevant points.

Go to that page and in the centre you'll have an orange box as how can we help you... follow the 3 subsequent drop box and i you try to file complaint about ukba (govt based) i literally mean if you choose that form boxes at last it will direct you to citizen adivisory webiste.

I hope i made you clear on my statement

Kartik
I see what you mean. If you select that you have not received a final response which is in your case they direct you to citizen advice bureau but I suggest ringing that number and getting some advice given your situation. If UKBA are not responding to the complaint you make then there should be another option. It's better to do it sooner rather than later because the complaints procedure can take some time as well.

hwm_22
Newly Registered

Post by hwm_22 » Wed May 23, 2012 3:41 pm

walkowitz wrote:
mine was bio 27march

kashyapgada

Post by kashyapgada » Wed May 23, 2012 3:48 pm

hwm_22 wrote:
walkowitz wrote:
mine was bio 27march
Me too 28th March

Redempless

Post by Redempless » Wed May 23, 2012 4:06 pm

Biometric submitted : 31st March,2012

walkowitz

Post by walkowitz » Wed May 23, 2012 4:35 pm

kashyapgada wrote:
hwm_22 wrote:
walkowitz wrote:
mine was bio 27march
Me too 28th March
Please update brothers if any of you get any news from UKBA or DX.

Thanks

tprudden
Newly Registered

Post by tprudden » Wed May 23, 2012 4:48 pm

This is just getting more and more frustrating and depressing. To see so many people (including myself and my girlfriend) who are totally in the dark about their applications is shocking. How could they be so disorganised and unprepared. Surely when they knew the PSW visa was closing they should have anticipated the extra applications and brought in extra staff to deal with it!

I, like many of you, am desperate to get documents back ASAP, as we are due to travel on Wednesday next week. Gave biometrics on the 27th March (but applied in Jan!!) so looking at everyone elses timeline it is looking less and less likely that we'll be able to go, so thats almost £1000 possibly down the drain.

manex

Post by manex » Wed May 23, 2012 5:12 pm

tprudden wrote:This is just getting more and more frustrating and depressing. To see so many people (including myself and my girlfriend) who are totally in the dark about their applications is shocking. How could they be so disorganised and unprepared. Surely when they knew the PSW visa was closing they should have anticipated the extra applications and brought in extra staff to deal with it!

I, like many of you, am desperate to get documents back ASAP, as we are due to travel on Wednesday next week. Gave biometrics on the 27th March (but applied in Jan!!) so looking at everyone elses timeline it is looking less and less likely that we'll be able to go, so thats almost £1000 possibly down the drain.
I agree with you. Have you tried calling up UKBA at all ? I suggest that you don't tell them that you had planned travel because they will most likely tell you that you should not have planned any travel while your application is processing with them. You will have to come up with a different reason. That's all you can do. Good luck!

manex

Post by manex » Wed May 23, 2012 5:14 pm

hussainmek wrote:I think we should just rally outside UKBA centres all over the UK! Its time they got a reality check! There are quite a few people unnecessarily frustated and suffering due to the lack of information provided!
Count me in if you do decide to organise one! :D

manex

Post by manex » Wed May 23, 2012 5:18 pm

So is there anyone out there who have given biometrics in April or May at all?

kapil2500
Newly Registered

Post by kapil2500 » Wed May 23, 2012 5:22 pm

Biometric on 26 march..
PSW...waiting
Docs...waiting