ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

waqashabib1

Post by waqashabib1 » Tue May 22, 2012 6:32 pm

Asalam u alaikum everyone

I also applied for settlement visa. My wife is living in UK right now and we are living away for very long time. and its painful. one of my wife relative applied for settlement visa in nov 2011 and she got her visa in 3 weeks only. Keeping in view this timeline my expectations were raised and i applied for settlement visa on 17th feb 2012..but...................time seems to have been flown.

I contacted gerrys and got an email adress of home land where i sent email after 60 working days passed on my application, but no response. then i contacted abu dhabhi embassy from where i got email adress of islamabad embassy for handling settlement inquiries. but i got no response either.

May Allah bless us all. and give us success.

------
Application submitted: 17/02/12
Application forwarded to BHC: 17/02/12
Application Under Process at BHC: 01/03/12
Visa Granted: Inshalah

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Tue May 22, 2012 6:37 pm

@waqas

Your situation is exactly the same as my situation. From which city you applied for.
After taking Advice; remember Everyone's application, and thus supporting documents, will be different depending on personal circumstances.

tnt4ever
- thin ice -

Post by tnt4ever » Tue May 22, 2012 6:40 pm

Wa Laikum As Salam

First of all dont worry, its a routine process about the Visa applications specifically from this region, secondly, regarding your below statement, its impossible that one of your wife relative got their settlement visa in 3 weeks until unless they applied from european country or US or Canada etc but not for South Asian and Asian Countries, the standard time line is always there, the least was 41 days before which includes working days, moreover the fee last year was 500 + UK Pounds from here, well if the case had been processed then put light on it, i suggest you to keep patience if you are already over 60 working days bench mark, then the process is no longer going to take place more then number of counted days, may be u hear good news this week till friday or may be next week thats for sure Inshallah.

Regards
recite as much as u can, ( DAROOD E IBRAHIMI AND DAROOD E TANJEENA)

if some one is really willing he/she can recite Darood E Tanjeena 1000 times( even can sit with family members to recite collectively) in one day, or 2 or max 3

Inshallah all problems will be sorted out

ALLAH HAFIZ

waqashabib1 wrote:Asalam u alaikum everyone

I also applied for settlement visa. My wife is living in UK right now and we are living away for very long time. and its painful. one of my wife relative applied for settlement visa in nov 2011 and she got her visa in 3 weeks only. Keeping in view this timeline my expectations were raised and i applied for settlement visa on 17th feb 2012..but...................time seems to have been flown.

I contacted gerrys and got an email adress of home land where i sent email after 60 working days passed on my application, but no response. then i contacted abu dhabhi embassy from where i got email adress of islamabad embassy for handling settlement inquiries. but i got no response either.

------
App Date: 21st Feb 2012
Forward to Embassy 5th March 2012
under process at BHC Islamabad
94 Days ....
Visa Granted ALHAMDULILLAH 3rd July 2012

Total Working Days 92 ( Excluding holidays etc)

waqashabib1

Post by waqashabib1 » Tue May 22, 2012 6:40 pm

Gregarious wrote:@waqas

Your situation is exactly the same as my situation. From which city you applied for.
I applied from Karachi.We may have seen each other at the photcopy section because on that day there were only 4 applicants for settlement

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Tue May 22, 2012 6:46 pm

waqashabib1 wrote:

I applied from Karachi.We may have seen each other at the photcopy section because on that day there were only 4 applicants for settlement

Yes, I think , then afterwards, discussed the TB certificate...........loolz, Duniya goal hai
After taking Advice; remember Everyone's application, and thus supporting documents, will be different depending on personal circumstances.

waqashabib1

Post by waqashabib1 » Tue May 22, 2012 7:03 pm

Gregarious wrote:
waqashabib1 wrote:

Yes, I think , then afterwards, discussed the TB certificate...........loolz, Duniya goal hai
Yes. Duniya Gol hai :). Lets see ye duniya kaha tak gol rehti hai? :)

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Tue May 22, 2012 7:25 pm

@Waqas
How did you know that there were 4 applicants for settlements on that day? Do you have any other data relevant?

waqashabib1

Post by waqashabib1 » Tue May 22, 2012 7:29 pm

Gregarious wrote:@Waqas
How did you know that there were 4 applicants for settlements on that day? Do you have any other data relevant?
Coz I was there right from the start of the day. and making photocopies of my documents..

i have no such data ..

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Tue May 22, 2012 7:37 pm

@waqas

Right.......Yeah I left the gerry's service centre at about 9 am, applied, finished and ran. :D :D

Best of Luck for your application. Allah makes easy for us.

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Tue May 22, 2012 9:46 pm

waqashabib1 wrote:Asalam u alaikum everyone

------
Yes u r right applications were being processed within a month starting from September last year, but that seems to be history bhc r now taking over 60 days, the reason I say this is I. Soo sad I actually went back to last years July post on the forum and read them all, but now it's a different story.

Sal5UK

Post by Sal5UK » Tue May 22, 2012 10:57 pm

Salaam people,
Do we now have to submit VAF4 forms online, or can we just download the form as usual, fill and submit on the day without online form?

What would you recommend?

Thanks

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Tue May 22, 2012 11:54 pm

Sal5UK wrote:Salaam people,
Do we now have to submit VAF4 forms online, or can we just download the form as usual, fill and submit on the day without online form?

Thanks
I think you would have to complete the form online and submit ur supporting documents at gerrys maybe with copy of the application form. You will need to complete the form online.

Sal5UK

Post by Sal5UK » Wed May 23, 2012 12:06 am

Shatif wrote:
Sal5UK wrote:Salaam people,

Thanks
I think you would have to complete the form online and submit ur supporting documents at gerrys maybe with copy of the application form. You will need to complete the form online.
Thanks, appreciated

assadullah
Newly Registered

Post by assadullah » Wed May 23, 2012 4:50 am

My cousin submitted her application last year in august at mirpur.and got her visa in two weeks. My wife applied in April this year and inquired about the two weeks process, the mirpur gerrys confirmed that last year it dis take two weeks in most cases but not any longer.

My wife's application has been forwarded to the bhc on the 8th of may, now we wait. She was told it could take 3 months. Yikes! I want her here now

tnt4ever
- thin ice -

Post by tnt4ever » Wed May 23, 2012 9:01 am

Never Mind this happened
its a matter of time
mean while you can do nothing except waiting.
however you can help new members to avoid any problems at time by providing them necessary information where required
assadullah wrote:My cousin submitted her application last year in august at mirpur.and got her visa in two weeks. My wife applied in April this year and inquired about the two weeks process, the mirpur gerrys confirmed that last year it dis take two weeks in most cases but not any longer.

My wife's application has been forwarded to the bhc on the 8th of may, now we wait. She was told it could take 3 months. Yikes! I want her here now
App Date: 21st Feb 2012
Forward to Embassy 5th March 2012
under process at BHC Islamabad
94 Days ....
Visa Granted ALHAMDULILLAH 3rd July 2012

Total Working Days 92 ( Excluding holidays etc)

som1984

Post by som1984 » Wed May 23, 2012 12:24 pm

hi, need some help.

when yoyur wife handed in their application did they change their passport and national identity card to show that you are their husband?

king- i spoke to my father in law and he has been advised to change my wifes passport and national identity card so my name is on it. after that they will give them the nadra certificate. is this right?

som1984

Post by som1984 » Wed May 23, 2012 12:38 pm

anyone had a successful application without handing in nadra certificate and changing wifes passport to have their husbands name on it?

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Wed May 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Hi has anyone heard from king to be and syma.....
I just wanted to know what has happened with their appeal

Zully
application @ ISL 13/01/2012
returned 30/03/2012 Refused app
applied for appeal in uk 19/04/12
deadline given 05/11/2012
Court date: 10 jan 2013
call letter: 08/03/2013
visa stamped?

MrE2012

Post by MrE2012 » Wed May 23, 2012 1:09 pm

@All

what gets me is when they say that should take within 12 weeks or 60 days?

ermmm so why delay alot of peoples applications i think they relax because it is a everyday thing for them these applications

and imagine they have the control of people's happiness with a decision

this is TORTURE

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Wed May 23, 2012 1:35 pm

MrE2012 wrote:@All

what gets me is when they say that should take within 12 weeks or 60 days?

ermmm so why delay alot of peoples applications i think they relax because it is a everyday thing for them these applications

and imagine they have the control of people's happiness with a decision

this is TORTURE
There could be a 1001 reasons why its takening a long time and your right its only a job to them same thing day in day out they dont know who we are so they dont care.....

zully
application @ ISL 13/01/2012
returned 30/03/2012 Refused app
applied for appeal in uk 19/04/12
deadline given 05/11/2012
Court date: 10 jan 2013
call letter: 08/03/2013
visa stamped?

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Wed May 23, 2012 1:48 pm

som1984 wrote:hi, need some help.

when yoyur wife handed in their application did they change their passport and national identity card to show that you are their husband?

king- i spoke to my father in law and he has been advised to change my wifes passport and national identity card so my name is on it. after that they will give them the nadra certificate. is this right?
None of that was done, and about 5% of applicants do that. You need to be firm with the Union Council guys and tell them other people have got their marriage certificates and they didn't change diddly squat.

Most people apply a couple of weeks after marriage, how can they go about changing so much stuff in such a short space of time.

Tell yrou father in law to go back to them and tell them, everyone is being given NADRA Marriage certificates without changing shit. They should give you, if you don't have this marriage certificate, you'll suffer a similar fate to me.

som1984

Post by som1984 » Wed May 23, 2012 2:06 pm

king2be98 wrote:

None of that was done, and about 5% of applicants do that. You need to be firm with the Union Council guys and tell them other people have got their marriage certificates and they didn't change diddly squat.

Most people apply a couple of weeks after marriage, how can they go about changing so much stuff in such a short space of time.

Tell yrou father in law to go back to them and tell them, everyone is being given NADRA Marriage certificates without changing shit. They should give you, if you don't have this marriage certificate, you'll suffer a similar fate to me.
thanks mate i will tell him to go and say that to them.

assadullah
Newly Registered

Post by assadullah » Wed May 23, 2012 2:07 pm

Yes my wife changed her nadra card to show I am her husband, her passport also shoes this I believe

som1984

Post by som1984 » Wed May 23, 2012 2:08 pm

assadullah wrote:

Yes my wife changed her nadra card to show I am her husband, her passport also shoes this I believe
ho long does it take to get this changed

Newly Registered

Post by new member » Wed May 23, 2012 2:24 pm

Hiya all,

Any1 appealing keep us updated:) Zully are u going to contact tribunal on friday? mines prob gna be mid or end of june. Is it me,u,syma and king who r appealing on this forum so far?