ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

waiting for sponsorship license for 3 month

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fanzone
Newly Registered

waiting for sponsorship license for 3 month

Post by fanzone » Fri May 11, 2012 10:23 am

Hello

I'm currently on PSW and working for a small company for over a year. and my visa will expire in 2 weeks.

my company applied for sponsorship license in feb and still waiting for an answer.

can anyone please tell me in what circumstances companies get B rated?

HR doesn't know what we'll get and if we don't get A rated I won't be able to get 10 points for maintenance.

or can I still claim 10 points for switching from PSW?

although it doesn't say in guidance but it is still mentioned on UKBA website.

I've read almost everything on this forum relating my situation and it seems like a lot of people are waiting for sponsorship license...

sha23

Re: waiting for sponsorship license for 3 month

Post by sha23 » Fri May 11, 2012 1:11 pm

fanzone wrote:Hello

I'm currently on PSW and working for a small company for over a year. and my visa will expire in 2 weeks.

my company applied for sponsorship license in feb and still waiting for an answer.

HR doesn't know what we'll get and if we don't get A rated I won't be able to get 10 points for maintenance.

I've read almost everything on this forum relating my situation and it seems like a lot of people are waiting for sponsorship license...
Its been over 10 weeks for my employer too. Is there any time period within which this is approved?

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Mon May 14, 2012 2:45 pm

No one can tell this my friend. You just have to sit tight and wait.

It can be anything from record keeping, employing illegal immigrants, criminal records, etc etc

If your company gets a B rating they can't sponsor you.

It's best get your HR to sort out all the company records in case UKBA does a pre-license visit. They will spend few good hours interviewing people and going through documents. Make sure your company keeps a record of all employees and proof of their status (Such as copies of passports) and all your policies are in line. (Health and safety, Sickness, IT, etc)

The wait can be because of the large number of applications or due to further checks being done with regards to your company. But UKBA will always email or contact you if they need further verifications. Don't be surprised if they show up at your office doorstep early in the morning.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)

sha23

Post by sha23 » Wed May 16, 2012 8:27 am

Any luck with ur sponsorship License? I read on the forum, where an user had posted that he had called and checked with UKBA and they said they are busy with Feb applications! I am sure yours must be Feb application from employer. Mine is Feb too from emplyer side...

Please post ur status...

fanzone
Newly Registered

Post by fanzone » Wed May 16, 2012 12:18 pm

HR e-mailed home office on monday and got response that we need to add more documents then they will look at it by 22nd.

not sure we'll get an answer by then or start processing on 22nd.

i'll let you guys know if I hear anything.

also, there's no way to get 10 point in maintenance switching from psw to tier2?

does psw visa counts as work permit?

sussexguy

Post by sussexguy » Fri May 18, 2012 3:54 pm

fanzone wrote:HR e-mailed home office on monday and got response that we need to add more documents then they will look at it by 22nd.

also, there's no way to get 10 point in maintenance switching from psw to tier2?

Could you please tell me which e-mail to use to contact the Home Office regarding this? Did your HR give any reference in the email? Are they using any immigration advisor or doing it by themselves?

Thanks,
S

mansoorash

Post by mansoorash » Tue May 22, 2012 11:35 am

My employer rang today regards the tier 2 sponsorship application submitted in mid March. He was told that the case has not even been allocated to a case worker yet! And they were looking into Feb end applications at present.

sha23

Post by sha23 » Wed May 23, 2012 3:32 pm

fanzone wrote:HR e-mailed home office on monday and got response that we need to add more documents then they will look at it by 22nd.

Hi Fanzone,

Any movement on ur application from ukba, which had sent 22nd? please do update when u hear. we shall get to know as well.

sussexguy

Post by sussexguy » Mon May 28, 2012 4:59 pm

mansoorash wrote:My employer rang today regards the tier 2 sponsorship application submitted in mid March. He was told that the case has not even been allocated to a case worker yet! And they were looking into Feb end applications at present.
Could you tell me what number did your employer used to ring them? Can I find it somewhere on the UKBA website relatively easily?
Thanks,S