ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what happened to the processing times in dublin?!! :O

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Angel592
Member of Standing

what happened to the processing times in dublin?!! :O

Post by Angel592 » Wed May 23, 2012 3:43 pm

Can someone please explain what is going on with the UK visa processing times in Dublin??????????? It used to be soooooooooooooo much faster, like the percentage of decisions made in 2 days used to be high, somewhere around 60% .. 3 days around 75% and 5 days 90%!!!!!!! I just made my visa application last month and I got it in 5 days.. I don't understand why it's SOOOOOOOO LOW now please take a look http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ableAnchor

My sister has been waiting nearly 15 days now.. what is going on all of a sudden???

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed May 23, 2012 6:19 pm

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Fri May 25, 2012 10:03 pm

thanks for clearing that up! do you know why they changed it? :(

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Sat May 26, 2012 9:23 am

Cost reduction probably.

They did the same thing in most of South America a couple of years ago.

Costs a lot less to run a few central offices staffed with a medium number of trained people rather than lots of remote offices staffed with a low number of trained people.

Might not give as good customer service - but what do a government department care about that for?

M.

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Sat May 26, 2012 9:58 pm

MPH80 wrote:Cost reduction probably.

Costs a lot less to run a few central offices staffed with a medium number of trained people rather than lots of remote offices staffed with a low number of trained people.

Might not give as good customer service - but what do a government department care about that for?

M.
I know for a fact it isn't that lol, I applied in April and it was 95 euros and my sister applied in May and it went up to 100 euros.. it seems to go up everytime, it was 75 euros last time I applied in late 2010.. how inconvenient!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat May 26, 2012 11:25 pm

Angel592 wrote:
MPH80 wrote:Cost reduction probably.

M.
I know for a fact it isn't that lol, I applied in April and it was 95 euros and my sister applied in May and it went up to 100 euros.. it seems to go up everytime, it was 75 euros last time I applied in late 2010.. how inconvenient!
the costs for the applicant went up yes - as the visa fees increased, what MPH80 was saying is that the probably moved decision making to London to save on their costs - which probably makes sense for them as they do not deal with a large number of applications.