ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shamus7000
Newly Registered

Post by Shamus7000 » Wed May 23, 2012 2:45 pm

hey peeps, April times are now showing on UKBA website for visa processing times.

61% rate for 60 day mark in mirpur applications, gone way down since last month!

aaaaaa123

Post by aaaaaa123 » Wed May 23, 2012 3:31 pm

@ New Member can u check ur PM please.
Application submitted and forwad to ISB OC - 05/01/12
Refused 25/04/12
Appeal lodged 08/05/12

*Y3NVY*

Post by *Y3NVY* » Wed May 23, 2012 3:51 pm

Shamus7000 wrote:hey peeps, April times are now showing on UKBA website for visa processing times.

61% rate for 60 day mark in mirpur applications, gone way down since last month!
you know these stats are they for applications submitted in April or applications they have made decisions on in april??
Application Submitted:12/03/12
Under Process At BHC: 26/03/12

[Moderator edit: Forum language is English]

som1984

Post by som1984 » Wed May 23, 2012 3:54 pm

what happens if there is no union council in your area? what do you do with the nikah nama

MrE2012

Post by MrE2012 » Wed May 23, 2012 3:57 pm

@*Y3NVY*
i believe its decisions they have made IN THAT MONTH!

its not much better in mirpur then it is anywhere else i checked KAR,ISB,LAH,MIR

ALL AROUND THE SAME MARK? :(

which means we are being delayed for some weird reason, and its a butterfly effect as it delays everyones like myself who is in the 50 days mark down to the first week people.

They need to find a way to make this swifter

*Y3NVY*

Post by *Y3NVY* » Wed May 23, 2012 4:04 pm

MrE2012 wrote:@*Y3NVY*
i believe its decisions they have made IN THAT MONTH!

its not much better in mirpur then it is anywhere else i checked KAR,ISB,LAH,MIR

ALL AROUND THE SAME MARK? :(

which means we are being delayed for some weird reason, and its a butterfly effect as it delays everyones like myself who is in the 50 days mark down to the first week people.

They need to find a way to make this swifter
what i dont get is why would they want to show stats of how many decisions they are making within the month?? whats that got to do with anyone? that information is no good to be honest, people would rather no when the decisions are being made of when they applied!

just my opinion
Application Submitted:12/03/12
Under Process At BHC: 26/03/12

[Moderator edit: Forum language is English]

MrE2012

Post by MrE2012 » Wed May 23, 2012 4:11 pm

your decision makes sense that way you know that your turn is next..

i feel that yourself and i will maybe know closer to 70-80 days the way they are going.. let them surprise us

INSHALLAH SOONER

MrE2012

Post by MrE2012 » Wed May 23, 2012 4:23 pm

what i dont understand is why the enquiry situation is not allowed before 60 days.. if there is going to be delays, i think we should be told there is no update on the site that says this is why it is taking longer then 60days i know they say 100 percent 24 weeks, by why should some get theres in 4 weeks for example and we wait over 12 weeks.

disgusting.. have no remorse for some people and then they might give a silly reason for why they havent offered wait for dissapointment.

DISGRACEFULL PROCEDURE,.. AND WHY NO PRIORITY SERVICE FOR SETTLEMENT SOME MIGHT NOT MIND PAYING EXTRA :(

assadullah
Newly Registered

Post by assadullah » Wed May 23, 2012 4:33 pm

som1984 wrote:
assadullah wrote:
som1984 wrote:hi, need some help.

when yoyur wife handed in their application did they change their passport and national identity card to show that you are their husband?

king- i spoke to my father in law and he has been advised to change my wifes passport and national identity card so my name is on it. after that they will give them the nadra certificate. is this right?
Yes my wife changed her nadra card to show I am her husband, her passport also shoes this I believe
ho long does it take to get this changed
Her Id card update took two weeks I believe, as for her passport, it was her first passport and it took her nearly two months after applying for her passport to receive it I believe

som1984

Post by som1984 » Wed May 23, 2012 4:35 pm

assadullah wrote:
som1984 wrote:
assadullah wrote:
som1984 wrote:hi, need some help.

when yoyur wife handed in their application did they change their passport and national identity card to show that you are their husband?

king- i spoke to my father in law and he has been advised to change my wifes passport and national identity card so my name is on it. after that they will give them the nadra certificate. is this right?
Yes my wife changed her nadra card to show I am her husband, her passport also shoes this I believe
Her Id card update took two weeks I believe, as for her passport, it was her first passport and it took her nearly two months after applying for her passport to receive it I believe
she already has a passport so hopefully it wont take long.

i was planning on handing in the papers by the end off june. looks like i cant do this now.

plus there is no union council in her area.

Sal7786
Newly Registered

Post by Sal7786 » Wed May 23, 2012 4:41 pm

Hi, is it necessary to have a nadra certificate because our union council isnt computerised so we just had the nikah nama attested by the foreign office and also the same with the translated version of the nikah nama attested by the foreign office.we did not hand in a nadra certificate, so does that mean we can be refused because of that?? Please advise?? The original nikah nama was stamped that it is not computerised.

som1984

Post by som1984 » Wed May 23, 2012 4:43 pm

Sal7786 wrote:Hi, is it necessary to have a nadra certificate because our union council isnt computerised so we just had the nikah nama attested by the foreign office and also the same with the translated version of the nikah nama attested by the foreign office.we did not hand in a nadra certificate, so does that mean we can be refused because of that?? Please advise?? The original nikah nama was stamped that it is not computerised.
ive been stressing about this today. i was told to change my wifes passport and national identity card to incorporate my name. after that they will give the nadra certificate. this will take another month. i wanted to hand in the papers next week

assadullah
Newly Registered

Post by assadullah » Wed May 23, 2012 4:47 pm

som1984 wrote:
Sal7786 wrote:Hi, is it necessary to have a nadra certificate because our union council isnt computerised so we just had the nikah nama attested by the foreign office and also the same with the translated version of the nikah nama attested by the foreign office.we did not hand in a nadra certificate, so does that mean we can be refused because of that?? Please advise?? The original nikah nama was stamped that it is not computerised.
ive been stressing about this today. i was told to change my wifes passport and national identity card to incorporate my name. after that they will give the nadra certificate. this will take another month. i wanted to hand in the papers next week

The whole system is a pain. I hope your process is quick and not to straining,

waqashabib1

Post by waqashabib1 » Wed May 23, 2012 4:48 pm

Timelines for april 2012 has been updated.

som1984

Post by som1984 » Wed May 23, 2012 4:48 pm

assadullah wrote:
som1984 wrote:

The whole system is a pain. I hope your process is quick and not to straining,
this nadra business is doing my head in

Sal7786
Newly Registered

Post by Sal7786 » Wed May 23, 2012 4:52 pm

som1984 wrote:

If your wife wasnt married when she got her passport and id card made,if not then ur name is not required on it,it will be her fathers name.and as for passport they do not have husbands name mentioned in it anyway.as long as the passport name and her id card name are the same,they match then it wont be a problem.

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Wed May 23, 2012 4:57 pm

som1984 wrote:
assadullah wrote:
som1984 wrote:
assadullah wrote:
she already has a passport so hopefully it wont take long.

i was planning on handing in the papers by the end off june. looks like i cant do this now.

plus there is no union council in her area.
All u need to do is change ur wife's status to married and name change urs will be done automatically she will need ur I'd card number, it's done instantly if u go in person to Nadra office ur wife will get her new card within 14 days.

That's what we did and my hubby didn't even have my overseas card number they accessed with my mums

You could probably submit the application I don't think they need I'd card as passport shud be enough for id
Last edited by Shatif on Wed May 23, 2012 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sal7786
Newly Registered

Post by Sal7786 » Wed May 23, 2012 5:00 pm

We couldnt get a nadra certificate because we wer told our union council isnt computerised.will thay be a problem for us.as wev already handed in the papers.im quite worried now

Sal7786
Newly Registered

Post by Sal7786 » Wed May 23, 2012 5:02 pm

We couldnt get a nadra certificate because we wer told our union council isnt computerised.will thay be a problem for us.as wev already handed in the papers.im quite worried now

aimsal

Post by aimsal » Wed May 23, 2012 5:11 pm

waqashabib1 wrote:Timelines for april 2012 has been updated.
the figures are the same as mentioned in MARCH
29-03-2012 Application submitted at Karachi
29-03-2012 application forwarded to islamabad oc
13-04-2012 application forwarded to bhc for process

waqashabib1

Post by waqashabib1 » Wed May 23, 2012 5:37 pm

aimsal wrote:
Nopes, the timeline shows way slow process. and i hope the same timelilne for May as well

aimsal

Post by aimsal » Wed May 23, 2012 5:39 pm

waqashabib1 wrote:
aimsal wrote:
Nopes, the timeline shows way slow process. and i hope the same timelilne for May as well
number of applicants are the same as MARCH
total 311 in March and the count is still the same
29-03-2012 Application submitted at Karachi
29-03-2012 application forwarded to islamabad oc
13-04-2012 application forwarded to bhc for process

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Wed May 23, 2012 5:52 pm

aimsal wrote:
waqashabib1 wrote:
aimsal wrote: the figures are the same as mentioned in MARCH
number of applicants are the same as MARCH
total 311 in March and the count is still the same
@aimsal

Well calculated. Obviously the Embassy ppl are Pakistanis...........loolzzzzzzz
After taking Advice; remember Everyone's application, and thus supporting documents, will be different depending on personal circumstances.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed May 23, 2012 6:00 pm

MrE2012 wrote:what i dont understand is why the enquiry situation is not allowed before 60 days.. if there is going to be delays, i think we should be told there is no update on the site that says this is why it is taking longer then 60days i know they say 100 percent 24 weeks, by why should some get theres in 4 weeks for example and we wait over 12 weeks.

disgusting.. have no remorse for some people and then they might give a silly reason for why they havent offered wait for dissapointment.

DISGRACEFULL PROCEDURE,.. AND WHY NO PRIORITY SERVICE FOR SETTLEMENT SOME MIGHT NOT MIND PAYING EXTRA :(
What you fail to understand is that Pakistan is one of the busiest BHC post in the world with thousands of different application per month.Due to our own fault everything a Pakistani hands in as part of the application is double and treble checked. ( I think its a case that the world don't trust us pakistanis, and with some of the things we do and have done, its no surprise they don't trust us). To put it simply to you I don't think they want more Pakistanis in this country, so they make everything painfully slow and very difficult.But they know Pakistanis are thick skinned and will do anything, pay anything, wait for a long time if required, just to come and see and live in this glorified( but going downhill now) country.

Very few of these people who come here live enjoyably and happily, but I regret to say that most of them usually live a miserable life, working hard, only to earn a very basic salary,that is providing they can get a job in the first place.

I have seen people from Pakistan who are highly educated and respected back in their own country,to work in Asian factories, and are treated like slaves,verbally abused and given peanuts for their hard work. I have seen so many men suicidally depressed, under the thumb of the wife and in laws, who tell them to forget about his family back home.

As for women who come here, their suffering is women, usually locked up in a small terrace house, not allowed to go out, but the worst is that their husbands still carry out relationships with the local white girls. A classic example of this is what happened in Roch dale and in Bradford where a 65 yr old father in law sexually abused his daughter in law whilst her husband was at work. I know all these things because I deal with people and organizations that look into these things

I know these are extreme cases, but its incidents such as this which the government uses to control the flow of foreigners into the UK. It is incidents like these that has made it for most people on this forum to get their spouses here.The British know they cant stop Pakistanis coming in, but they are making it so difficult,that slowly Pakistani elders are now getting their kids married here.

But like I said we Pakistanis are thick skinned, and will do anything to get into this country, so my friend if you have got married in Pakistan, then whether the rules and regulation stinks, I am afraid you have no option but to wait , whatever time it takes them to do the checks.

If you are not happy with that then I am afraid you should have thought carefully before you got married to someone in Pakistan. If you had got married here, you would have saved yourself at least £5k as that is what it will cost you when your wife becomes a British citizen. Furthermore you would not had to worry about this or wait this long.

So just relax and wait for the outcome.

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Wed May 23, 2012 6:15 pm

@Batleykhan

Well, you are absolutely right, I agree with you each and every sentence.
After taking Advice; remember Everyone's application, and thus supporting documents, will be different depending on personal circumstances.