ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (PSW) processing times

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manex

Post by manex » Wed May 23, 2012 5:26 pm

manex wrote:So is there anyone out there who have given biometrics in April or May at all?
Looking at this thread it looks like there are a couple of people who have done it on the 4th and 5th April but no one after that ? Does this reflect the delay in getting the biometrics invitation letter or is it simply that no one who have done biometrics after these dates have joined this forum yet. :?:

Redempless

Post by Redempless » Wed May 23, 2012 5:32 pm

tprudden
Newly Registered

Post by tprudden » Wed May 23, 2012 5:34 pm

manex wrote:
tprudden wrote:This is just getting more and more frustrating and depressing. To see so many people (including myself and my girlfriend) who are totally in the dark about their applications is shocking. How could they be so disorganised and unprepared. Surely when they knew the PSW visa was closing they should have anticipated the extra applications and brought in extra staff to deal with it!

I, like many of you, am desperate to get documents back ASAP, as we are due to travel on Wednesday next week. Gave biometrics on the 27th March (but applied in Jan!!) so looking at everyone elses timeline it is looking less and less likely that we'll be able to go, so thats almost £1000 possibly down the drain.
I agree with you. Have you tried calling up UKBA at all ? I suggest that you don't tell them that you had planned travel because they will most likely tell you that you should not have planned any travel while your application is processing with them. You will have to come up with a different reason. That's all you can do. Good luck!
Thanks for your advice. I have not tried calling yet as everyone said it was so pointless I thought I would leave it as a last resort. We're going to try tomorrow though.

Thanks for your advice about the travel plans. We mae the plans back in October last year, when we had no idea the visa process would be so long and difficult (we applied in January, so assumed it would all be sorted by March or April by the latest). I'll come up with something else on the phone though. Thanks, and good luck to everyone else too!

rockonthedoors
Newly Registered

Post by rockonthedoors » Wed May 23, 2012 6:00 pm

manex wrote:So is there anyone out there who have given biometrics in April or May at all?
i gave biometric on april 5 th!! no replies till now!!

hcampbell01
Newly Registered

biometrics 22nd march

Post by hcampbell01 » Wed May 23, 2012 6:19 pm

Its the end of the day now and no Visa for me yet.
My timeline is

Applied 16th Feb
Biometrics letter -22 march
Biometrics enrolled-22nd march

still waiting although it seems i should get mine this week. Fingers crossed.

shribalaji

Post by shribalaji » Wed May 23, 2012 6:29 pm

manex wrote:
hussainmek wrote:I think we should just rally outside UKBA centres all over the UK! Its time they got a reality check! There are quite a few people unnecessarily frustated and suffering due to the lack of information provided!
Count me in if you do decide to organise one! :D
I'm in as well guys, count one more for sure.

shribalaji

Re: DX

Post by shribalaji » Wed May 23, 2012 6:33 pm

kashyapgada wrote:
hwm_22 wrote:
walkowitz wrote:
kumarpsw wrote:@hwm_22 biometrics on 28 march
I am with you any updateeeeeee ...
mine was bio 27march
Me too 28th March
Same bro 28th March applied on feb 14th, hmmm joining date on offer letter June 4th in India.

aftabkhan812

Post by aftabkhan812 » Wed May 23, 2012 7:13 pm

manex wrote:
Looking at this thread it looks like there are a couple of people who have done it on the 4th and 5th April but no one after that ? Does this reflect the delay in getting the biometrics invitation letter or is it simply that no one who have done biometrics after these dates have joined this forum yet. :?:
Biometrics on 14th april !!

kumarpsw

Post by kumarpsw » Wed May 23, 2012 8:41 pm

there is no brp or doc today

Fustratedapplicant
Newly Registered

Post by Fustratedapplicant » Wed May 23, 2012 8:51 pm

Everyone should be patient we will all get visa

Botita
Newly Registered

Post by Botita » Wed May 23, 2012 10:48 pm

aftabkhan812 wrote:
manex wrote:
Biometrics on 14th april !!
Hi guys i have done biometric on 10 th I am praying to get by 5th...

yogsmith
- thin ice -

Received Visa

Post by yogsmith » Wed May 23, 2012 11:50 pm

My time line:
PSW visa application sent with sp next day delivery on 28 Jan. 2012.
Acknowledgement letter received: 20 Feb. 2012.
Bio-metric letter received 20 March 2012.
Bio-metric information given 21 March 2012.
Bio-metric Visa received 22 May 2012.
Waiting for passport/document to received.

mrs.shahzad
Newly Registered

Post by mrs.shahzad » Thu May 24, 2012 12:04 am

tier 1 (psw) visa application: 25.02.2012 (saturday)
biometrics letter: 26.03.2012 (monday)
biometrics enrolled: 31.03.2012 (saturday)

is somebody with the same details out there?

Mandar
Newly Registered

Post by Mandar » Thu May 24, 2012 12:18 am

My timeline is,
Application: 2nd Feb.
Acknowledgement letter dated: 7th Feb.
Biometric letter dated: 11th April
Biometric letter received and enrolled on: 14th April
since then, nothing yet.

I received biometric invitation letter almost after two and a half month from date of application. After waiting two months for biometric letter, i called the number provided on UKBA website and then I came to know that they sent my letter to a wrong address. After correcting my address in their records, i requested them to send me a new letter. I received this letter on 14th April and enrolled biometric on the same day at croydon post office.
Now my concern is, whether they process the applications according to the application date or biometric enrollment date? If they process according to application date, then i should have received my documents by now. And if not then i see a long wait in front of me. Does anybody have any idea about how they queue the applications for processing?
Thanks in advance.

aftabkhan812

Post by aftabkhan812 » Thu May 24, 2012 12:28 am

Mandar wrote:My timeline is,
since then, nothing yet.

I received biometric invitation letter almost after two and a half month from date of application. After waiting two months for biometric letter, i called the number provided on UKBA website and then I came to know that they sent my letter to a wrong address. After correcting my address in their records, i requested them to send me a new letter. I received this letter on 14th April and enrolled biometric on the same day at croydon post office.
Now my concern is, whether they process the applications according to the application date or biometric enrollment date? If they process according to application date, then i should have received my documents by now. And if not then i see a long wait in front of me. Does anybody have any idea about how they queue the applications for processing?
Thanks in advance.
I think its after the biometric date bud ..!!

Redempless

Post by Redempless » Thu May 24, 2012 12:46 am

mrs.shahzad wrote:tier 1 (psw) visa application: 25.02.2012 (saturday)
biometrics letter: 26.03.2012 (monday)
biometrics enrolled: 31.03.2012 (saturday)

is somebody with the same details out there?
Same as ur time line....havent heard anything till now..

kumarpsw

Post by kumarpsw » Thu May 24, 2012 8:43 am

any update

kumarpsw

Post by kumarpsw » Thu May 24, 2012 9:50 am

There is no update for today also. What is going on

tprudden
Newly Registered

Post by tprudden » Thu May 24, 2012 9:59 am

It seems like hardly anyone has got their visas this week compared to last week - what has happened? Do you think they are having more IT problems??

ali.27
Newly Registered

Tier 1 psw

Post by ali.27 » Thu May 24, 2012 10:10 am

Last week,a lot of friends who done brp in 21 th march has got brp
And documents.but this week,still no update 22th and 23th march.
Is there anybody for explain this situation?there is difference 1 day but still waiting one week?

kartik_r
BANNED

Post by kartik_r » Thu May 24, 2012 10:52 am

aftabkhan812 wrote:
since then, nothing yet.

Thanks in advance.
@ aftabkhan812 - My time line is quiete similar to you.

Date of Application : 10 feb 2012
Acknwledgement letter (dt) : 14 Feb 2012
Payment cleared : 16 Feb 2012 (got confirmation letter on request made to Natwest on my dd payment
Acknowledgment letter (received in post) : 19 Feb 2012
Bio metric letter (dt) : 18 Apr 2012
Bio metric letter (received in post) : 23 Apr 2012
Bio metric registered (same day, eve 4.03 pm) : Earls court, London

In your case, In fact for you you got to know a reason that they sent to wrong address and that is why the delay for bio metric... wherein in my case i dont know the reason for the delay in bio metric but still they dont really care about Date of Application and upload the file in the system for a case worker ( work queue) on considering the date of bio metric registration.

Unfortunately, this year due to employment routes closure massive people applied during Mar 20-Apr 5 in order to extend their stay and take employment and that is why there is a backlog, many people from the time line ( Feb 3rd week to Mar 2nd week) would have got their bio metric done by Mar last week and following weeks.... so, we'll be down under the work queue ( on seeing their pace in terms of application process), i guess it will take solid 2 to 3 months from now for bio metric registered dates ( apr 13 - Apr 24).

I also heared that UKba giving more perference to Olymbic visas rather considering the PSW visas ( due to the fact of more business) because they already got the money from PSW applications.

Kartik

arphaxad_cy
Newly Registered

Post by arphaxad_cy » Thu May 24, 2012 11:09 am

Olympics blocking psw processing makes a lot of sense.

kartik_r wrote:
aftabkhan812 wrote:
since then, nothing yet.

Thanks in advance.

Payment cleared : 16 Feb 2012 (got confirmation letter on request made to Natwest on my dd payment

In your case, In fact for you you got to know a reason that they sent to wrong address and that is why the delay for bio metric... wherein in my case i dont know the reason for the delay in bio metric but still they dont really care about Date of Application and upload the file in the system for a case worker ( work queue) on considering the date of bio metric registration.

Unfortunately, this year due to employment routes closure massive people applied during Mar 20-Apr 5 in order to extend their stay and take employment and that is why there is a backlog, many people from the time line ( Feb 3rd week to Mar 2nd week) would have got their bio metric done by Mar last week and following weeks.... so, we'll be down under the work queue ( on seeing their pace in terms of application process), i guess it will take solid 2 to 3 months from now for bio metric registered dates ( apr 13 - Apr 24).

I also heared that UKba giving more perference to Olymbic visas rather considering the PSW visas ( due to the fact of more business) because they already got the money from PSW applications.

Kartik

mousamhere
Newly Registered

Whats the Hell is going on!!!!

Post by mousamhere » Thu May 24, 2012 11:10 am

Hey!! is someone out there as my timeline, its beyond frustrating :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Application sent 18th Feb
Acc 2nd March
Bio done 26th March Birmingham (latter dated 21st march)
since than nothing updated..

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

easydoesit
Newly Registered

Re: Whats the Hell is going on!!!!

Post by easydoesit » Thu May 24, 2012 11:26 am

mousamhere wrote:Hey!! is someone out there as my timeline, its beyond frustrating :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Application sent 18th Feb
Acc 2nd March
Bio done 26th March Birmingham (latter dated 21st march)
since than nothing updated..

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
If your timeline is beyond frustrating what's your opinion about my application considering I applied 18 days before you did

My timeline

Application Sent: 1st Feb 2012 (Special delivery)
Acknowledgement letter received : 7th Feb 2012
Biometric invitation received: 10th March 2012 (Mistake in letter)
Second Biometric invitation received: 23rd March 2012
Biometrics done:24th March 2012 Camden Post Office
but because 24 march was a Saturday I consider my biometric date to be Monday 26 march
Passport : waiting
BRP : waiting

I think we will have to wait another 2 to 3 weeks atleast in the light of the fact that UKBA current pace is processing 5 days biometrics in 1 month. It is frustrating I know but can you do anything else apart from waiting and cursing them?

aftabkhan812

Post by aftabkhan812 » Thu May 24, 2012 11:27 am

kartik_r wrote:
aftabkhan812 wrote:
since then, nothing yet.

Thanks in advance.

Kartik
True! Can be the case, but I'm just disappointed about the fact that I heard about a couple of people who received their docs and visa in spite of having given biometrics after I did. I am happy for them, but it just unnecessarily raises hopes for the rest of us sitting here. What the heck, nothing much we can do is there?? :-P