ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship & Self-Employment

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

igars
Newly Registered

Citizenship & Self-Employment

Post by igars » Wed May 23, 2012 6:32 pm

Hi,

Does anyone know, if self-employment status might be a potential reason for citizenship rejection?

I have received a rejection in LTR with the reasoning that self-employment policy in relation to LTR is currently under review. Now I am worried that my citizenship application might get rejected for the same reason.

In citizenship application there is a self-employed field under "Means of Support"... So, I am confused now :)

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed May 23, 2012 6:54 pm

It's not a means-tested application but you will need to show that you are complicit with your income tax obligations.

rosdoodoo
BANNED

Re: Citizenship & Self-Employment

Post by rosdoodoo » Sat May 26, 2012 3:14 pm

igars wrote:Hi,

Does anyone know, if self-employment status might be a potential reason for citizenship rejection?

I have received a rejection in LTR with the reasoning that self-employment policy in relation to LTR is currently under review. Now I am worried that my citizenship application might get rejected for the same reason.

In citizenship application there is a self-employed field under "Means of Support"... So, I am confused now :)
Why would they reject your claim as a self-employment, when an Irish can open a shop in April and closed it down in may, what would they live on ?
And you can receive back to enterprises allowance payment and many other payment while you're self-employed, so you should get yourself familiar to Irish system, which love to fight to finish, so you yourselves as self-employed must also at the same time prepared for the show down to make ends meet in one man business. :D

Take a look on the reasons for refusal and make a submitting for administrative review otherwise judicial review might save you. Hope that answers your question. :twisted:
Bruce willies To Fight On, Even when he's crippled And Out Of Work.