ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

som1984

Post by som1984 » Wed May 23, 2012 6:18 pm

Shatif wrote:
som1984 wrote:
assadullah wrote:
som1984 wrote:
ho long does it take to get this changed

Her Id card update took two weeks I believe, as for her passport, it was her first passport and it took her nearly two months after applying for her passport to receive it I believe
she already has a passport so hopefully it wont take long.

i was planning on handing in the papers by the end off june. looks like i cant do this now.

plus there is no union council in her area.
All u need to do is change ur wife's status to married and name change urs will be done automatically she will need ur I'd card number, it's done instantly if u go in person to Nadra office ur wife will get her new card within 14 days.

That's what we did and my hubby didn't even have my overseas card number they accessed with my mums

You could probably submit the application I don't think they need I'd card as passport shud be enough for id
it will have to b changed as they wont issue a nadra cert without it. rather gdt it all sorted rite first time

rihsabramo

Post by rihsabramo » Wed May 23, 2012 6:25 pm

Whats happened to the timeline?

Is there any point emailing Gerrys or BHC if you're over 60 dayd?

sazkhan

Post by sazkhan » Wed May 23, 2012 7:33 pm

I filled and printed online form but apparently it has a mistake I have to submit my app on friday.

"If you realise that you made a mistake on your online form, you cannot change it after you have submitted the form. Please make any changes in writing on your Completing the application form"

Ok can anyone explain me this? do I have to write this on the printed application form where the mistake has been done or on a separate paper?

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Wed May 23, 2012 8:05 pm

sazkhan wrote:I filled and printed online form but apparently it has a mistake I have to submit my app on friday.

"If you realise that you made a mistake on your online form, you cannot change it after you have submitted the form. Please make any changes in writing on your Completing the application form"

Ok can anyone explain me this? do I have to write this on the printed application form where the mistake has been done or on a separate paper?
You can change it on a application form. If there is a major mistake or it needs explanation, use a separate paper by putting a asterisk on that place and mentioning page no............
After taking Advice; remember Everyone's application, and thus supporting documents, will be different depending on personal circumstances.

sazkhan

Post by sazkhan » Wed May 23, 2012 8:15 pm

Gregarious wrote:
sazkhan wrote:I filled and printed online form but apparently it has a mistake I have to submit my app on friday.

You can change it on a application form. If there is a major mistake or it needs explanation, use a separate paper by putting a asterisk on that place and mentioning page no............
Another question when they ask the last question that - Is there any information you wish to be considered as part of your application? What should you write in that? I just wrote No

wunderboy

Post by wunderboy » Wed May 23, 2012 8:18 pm

hi guys quick question, noticed on the TOEIC score sheet that a letter is missing from the name will UKBA still accept it as everything else is correct ?

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Wed May 23, 2012 8:37 pm

rihsabramo wrote:Whats happened to the timeline?

Is there any point emailing Gerrys or BHC if you're over 60 dayd?

-----------------------------
“Surely the patient will be paid their wages in full without reckoning.” [39:10]

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Wed May 23, 2012 8:45 pm

sazkhan wrote:
Gregarious wrote:

Another question when they ask the last question that - Is there any information you wish to be considered as part of your application? What should you write in that? I just wrote No
I recommend you that you can share/write anything on that place. Anything which you want to explain in that box.
For Example: I do not have utility bills because recently moved in new house. I clearly mentioned this thing on that place.
After taking Advice; remember Everyone's application, and thus supporting documents, will be different depending on personal circumstances.

sazkhan

Post by sazkhan » Wed May 23, 2012 9:08 pm

Gregarious wrote:
sazkhan wrote:
Gregarious wrote:
I recommend you that you can share/write anything on that place. Anything which you want to explain in that box.
For Example: I do not have utility bills because recently moved in new house. I clearly mentioned this thing on that place.
Thank you so much for your help.

Rehan Arain

Post by Rehan Arain » Wed May 23, 2012 9:15 pm

@ Batleykhan.....

100 % Agree with you.

The community need to sort out them self.......And instead of being selfish....
demonstrate a little bit of patriotism.

They just think for them self....not for the country.

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Wed May 23, 2012 9:24 pm

Gregarious wrote:@Batleykhan

Well, you are absolutely right, I agree with you each and every sentence.
Batleykhan I was thinking the same....... ppl are complaining about the time scale.the BHC in pakistan is probably the hardest place to work....pakistani's have a reputation of not being honest...... I am sure ppl that they are working hard. We should'nt get fustrated and Batleykhan is correct why didnt you marry here save all the hassle time and fustration......

Zully
application @ ISL 13/01/2012
returned 30/03/2012 Refused app
applied for appeal in uk 19/04/12
deadline given 05/11/2012
Court date: 10 jan 2013
call letter: 08/03/2013
visa stamped?

*Y3NVY*

Post by *Y3NVY* » Wed May 23, 2012 10:04 pm

zully i dont think its about people marrying here or there...the topic was about processing times and what they meant as there was a little confusion about that

some people on here got married at the time were visas were being granted within 3 weeks of the application being submitted..so yeh people do get there hopes up a little...i do at times aswell..times are hard for some and not so hard for others..its a little unfair to question why people got married in pakistan if they couldnt deal with this wait..or all they were going to do is complain!

i no its difficult but we just got to stay patient...believe me i no how hard it is but we have to

sorry if ive offended anyone....blame it on the heat!! :D
Application Submitted:12/03/12
Under Process At BHC: 26/03/12

[Moderator edit: Forum language is English]

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Wed May 23, 2012 10:22 pm

*Y3NVY* wrote:zully i dont think its about people marrying here or there...the topic was about processing times and what they meant as there was a little confusion about that

some people on here got married at the time were visas were being granted within 3 weeks of the application being submitted..so yeh people do get there hopes up a little...i do at times aswell..times are hard for some and not so hard for others..its a little unfair to question why people got married in pakistan if they couldnt deal with this wait..or all they were going to do is complain!

i no its difficult but we just got to stay patient...believe me i no how hard it is but we have to

Don't apologise... I think the point that I'm trying to make is it is hard
It's not easy for anyone but I think one member
Is taking it a little far with abusing the Bhc. I'm sure there
Doing their job instead of wasting energy on getting angry
At them. Use that time in something productive I'm sure the time
Will pass quickly. Times have changed for the embassy or they are
Dealing with more cases causing a back log. They have to do their
Checks we should be patient that's all.
But you are right our heart says something different from our mind.
visa stamped?

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Wed May 23, 2012 10:48 pm

zully wrote:
*Y3NVY* wrote:zully i dont think its about people marrying here or there...the topic was about processing times and what they meant as there was a little confusion about that

Don't apologise... I think the point that I'm trying to make is it is hard
It's not easy for anyone but I think one member
Is taking it a little far with abusing the Bhc. I'm sure there
Doing their job instead of wasting energy on getting angry
At them. Use that time in something productive I'm sure the time
Will pass quickly. Times have changed for the embassy or they are
Dealing with more cases causing a back log. They have to do their
Checks we should be patient that's all.
But you are right our heart says something different from our mind.
I agree with you both, but the only one thing that I cant stand is when people say why did you marry in Pakistan, first off all what we do and where we get married is nobody's business and at the end of the day it is Qadr, our rizq is written, who we are destined to marry we will marry whether they are from here or somewhere else in the world.

I agree that some people are less patient then others but doesnt that make us humans? Overall its our nature to be like this, we dont have them qualities to perfection and we all whinge and moan.

Come on my brothers/sisters here, be a little bit more patient and insha'allah the day we are all waiting for will come and when it does come we will then relaise the wait was worth it.
09/03/2012 Application Submitted - Mirpur
03/03/2012 Application Forwarded - Islamabad OC
23/03/2012 Application Forwarded - BHC For Process

Waiting: 68 working days

HaroonAli
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by HaroonAli » Wed May 23, 2012 10:59 pm

A.O.A - Good Evening Everyone.

I am going to be applying for my wife's visa next week as she is going to Gerry's in Lahore. I am aware there has been delays but my lawyer has said due to lots of backlog due to London 2012 and other circumstances there has been delays. My lawyer has said that now that anyone applying in May/June should get a response before 60 working days and maybe even quicker.

Can anyone please clarify this as I have been married for 2.8 Years but due to me any my wife being under 21 now I have all the documents sorted so I want her to be with me ASAP.

I am sure that the processing times for May applicants will be down as all the other applications would have been submitted. I will inform when application has been given.

I hope to hear back soon from yourself.

Have a good day.

HaroonAli
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by HaroonAli » Wed May 23, 2012 11:03 pm

I am sure my lawyer is saying something which makes sense and I am confident that a response should be before the timescale.

Also may I ask can anyone let me know if my wife submits papers next week when do you think she will get a reply. Lol really desprate as missing her.

Hope to hear soon.

MrE2012

Post by MrE2012 » Wed May 23, 2012 11:30 pm

@zully

i totally agree with batley khan, so why should we genuine people suffer for the mistakes of others.

i am not sending abuse, but querying why it takes soo long.. is there a problem in that thanks *Y3NVY* EXACTLY HOW I FEEL.

WE ARE ALL HUMANS WE MISS OUR LOVED ONES. IF IT IS NOT FAIR TO BELIEVE THERE IS DIFFERENT STANDARDS WHY CANT I SPEAK OF IT, AND IF YOU REMEMBER I AM TALKING ABOUT DELAYS FOR EVERYONE NOT JUST ME!!

InshALLAH ALLAH WILL GIVE US STRENGTH AND THE PATIENCE TO KEEP GOING

I AM NOT SELFISH AND NOT ABUSIVE. SORRY TO COME ACROSS THAT WAY:)

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Wed May 23, 2012 11:39 pm

HaroonAli wrote:I am sure my lawyer is saying something which makes sense and I am confident that a response should be before the timescale.

Also may I ask can anyone let me know if my wife submits papers next week when do you think she will get a reply. Lol really desprate as missing her.

Hope to hear soon.
Give it around 3 months Bro
She should hear something around August Insha'allah

Join the club lol we are all missing our loved ones but I will give you a piece of advice, try to remain patient.

MrE2012

Post by MrE2012 » Wed May 23, 2012 11:42 pm

@NAZIA

you believe after 60 days anytime after that?

i hope soo too :)

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Wed May 23, 2012 11:58 pm

MrE2012 wrote:@zully

i totally agree with batley khan, so why should we genuine people suffer for the mistakes of others.

i am not sending abuse, but querying why it takes soo long.. is there a problem in that thanks *Y3NVY* EXACTLY HOW I FEEL.

WE ARE ALL HUMANS WE MISS OUR LOVED ONES. IF IT IS NOT FAIR TO BELIEVE THERE IS DIFFERENT STANDARDS WHY CANT I SPEAK OF IT, AND IF YOU REMEMBER I AM TALKING ABOUT DELAYS FOR EVERYONE NOT JUST ME!!

InshALLAH ALLAH WILL GIVE US STRENGTH AND THE PATIENCE TO KEEP
GOING

You say about patience..... That's what it is. Sabr and Allah
Will reward you with a wonderful life partner. Maybe having this
Distance us the first foundation of have a great relationship.
For me personally when I read your frustration it rubs off on me
And I don't find any encouragement in that. I feel lots of people
Are stressing about these delays but not voicing their opinions. You
Have every right to feel the way you do. But some people are quietly
Waiting and most of all spending more of their time praying....
Sorry if you took me wrong. But other people have messed it up
For us genuine people. But Bhc have a job to protect the uk
E are living here and I'm sure e dont want the type of people coming
In to our country.

Zully

I AM NOT SELFISH AND NOT ABUSIVE. SORRY TO COME ACROSS THAT WAY:)
visa stamped?

sazkhan

Post by sazkhan » Thu May 24, 2012 12:01 am

I thought of attaching my education qualifications but I just noticed that my spellings are incorrect on some of my certificates :( so should I still submit them or not? The difference in only minor ( one alphabet A instead of E ) though, but still I'm worried that if I attach them it might cause a problem.

MrE2012

Post by MrE2012 » Thu May 24, 2012 12:13 am

@zully

why did you post my msg up?

is everything ok friend

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Thu May 24, 2012 12:24 am

sazkhan wrote:I thought of attaching my education qualifications but I just noticed that my spellings are incorrect on some of my certificates :( so should I still submit them or not? The difference in only minor ( one alphabet A instead of E ) though, but still I'm worried that if I attach them it might cause a problem.

You can attach ur qualification but the name is incorrect, unless u can explain beyond reasonable doubt it is u, then it would be gud personally I wouldnt as I have learnt from my experience where once my name was spelt incorrectly and it took me 2 years to prove it was me and with it being a Asian name there are a few spellings, eg in Pakistan people spell Muhammad as a name in uk it is spelt Mohammed do u get what I'm saying I would maybe mention in the extra notes or even attach a cv, but if ur name is incorrectly spelt it could open a box of worms, as spelling of name is different also why didn't u get it corrected at the time.

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Thu May 24, 2012 12:37 am

MrE2012 wrote:@NAZIA

you believe after 60 days anytime after that?

i hope soo too :)
Looking at the February applicants I think its very unlikely us March applicants will hear anything until way after 60days but dont take my word for it.

Insha'allah all off our visa's will be granted. We can do nothing but wait and trust me I know how hard it is to be so far away from your loved ones (2years I been married) its like your life has been put on hold and you dont even feel like you're married lol

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Thu May 24, 2012 12:40 am

I believe due to Olympics in July, we will continue to have delays as bhc staff is being Multi tasked and prioritised as tourists visiting Olympics and supporters will bring revenue to the economy, maybe staff r being stretched or Seconded to other visa sections, we have been patient a little more.

Also I believe everybody has the right to marry who ever they are as a Multi cultural Britain there is no favouritism as to who settles, me being a british subject I feel I'm not treated any different to my white colleagues if they marrieds Pakistani the timescales would still be the same.

This is not about who u r it's about bhc Processing standard Levels and with a major supporting event around the corner for genuine and opportunist who want to come to uk. These checks r there for a reason to make u me everybody safe u don't want extremist entering the country and creating a security risk nationally.