ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success 23rd may croydon PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

golu

ILR success 23rd may croydon PEO

Post by golu » Wed May 23, 2012 7:42 pm

I had my ILr approved this afternoon with one dependant, please feel free to ask if you have any specific questions, however there are few recommendations I have that might contradict many other forum users opinion.

I am a limited company director and used dividend vouchers and payslips and personal bank statements as earnings evidence.

First things first, depending on the CW you get, some go through documents in front of you and ask for specific documents ,whereas some like i got takes all document from you and do processing in the background and get in touch with you if you have doubt.

the application was straight forward and go without any issues however my personal advise for limited company directors is dont go with submit all-you-can-take documents attitude. It is good to carry all your documents but provide them only if they ask as you might end up confusing the CW.

I gave my personal Bank Statement, payslips, dividend vouchers, accountant letter and business bank statement. then i gave her contract and invoices and told her these are supporting document just in case.

however she took copies of only payslips, DV and personal Bank statement and gave other documents back. She was confused and said which one is the proof so I said sorry to confuse you but please treat them as supporting document and not main evidence as such, in case you need. So take the documents with you but provide only if they ask for it.

Same thing happened with my mate on 21st may 2012 so it wasnt a one off experience.

Also one thing is very true( from what i have seen and heard) is if you get an appo before 10 in the morning you have a higher chance of being unaffected with the biometric issues, if they come up at all.

Also I did not submit 5 years p60, she dint ask I dint give...

cohab documents - I had provided from three different sources but she took only council tax bills..

Any other query please let me know

Smam

Post by Smam » Wed May 23, 2012 9:08 pm

Hi

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR and thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience on the forum.

I must say that you're an extremely intelligent and a clever person what you've experienced I've also learned and strongly believe in your advice that never ever deal with the case worker in a way that oh there you go I am here for my ILR so I am submitting all of my life history of documents no matter if you need it or not it really made any one confuse so eaisly I really appreciate your advice and that's the correct way to deal with any case scenario.

We just get carried away from the fear in our hearts and we end up making our case worst by confusing the CW dont forget that the CW are also human being like us and any one can get confuse so the bottom line of the story is that if they ask you any more docs only give them on demand a part from the mandatory docs.

Once again congratulations and thanks a lot for sharing your valuable advice.

Good luck for your future.

psb

Post by psb » Wed May 23, 2012 9:42 pm

Golu

What time was your appointment? Some people were turned away today because of IT biometrics problem.

I have my PEO appointment Friday afternoon, I wonder if I can go early and try to have my biometrics before my scheduled appointment. Maybe I wont be let in early by security.

golu

Post by golu » Wed May 23, 2012 9:52 pm

PSB,

my appo was 8:45 and was let in at 8, thats why I said that the earlier the appointment better the chances of being unaffected by the IT issues...

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed May 23, 2012 11:10 pm

Congrats Golu, and thank you for sharing your PEO experience!