ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

horizon1985

Post by horizon1985 » Wed May 23, 2012 3:26 pm

Samelamin wrote:congrats all we are seeing alot of movement

I think im the only december applicant left :(

so hopefully I get it sometime this week
No dear you are not the only December applicant left.
I am also waiting for my RC.

EEA2 application sent : 20 December 2011
COA received: 25 January 2012
RC: awaiting

This waiting time is killing me too :/

I hope that we all get it very soon.

Amarula
Newly Registered

Post by Amarula » Wed May 23, 2012 3:44 pm

horizon1985 wrote:
Samelamin wrote:congrats all we are seeing alot of movement

I think im the only december applicant left :(

so hopefully I get it sometime this week
No dear you are not the only December applicant left.
I am also waiting for my RC.

EEA2 application sent : 20 December 2011
COA received: 25 January 2012
RC: awaiting

This waiting time is killing me too :/

I hope that we all get it very soon.
Guys I'm sure it's in the post somewhere if december cases were decided beginning of may! I still can't believe though, i had some bad experiences with HO and was bracing myself for a refusal because of difficulty proving self employment, so not such a straightforward case.

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Wed May 23, 2012 4:02 pm

I hope I go home and find a nice red card :)
EEA 4 applied - 15th November 2015
COA received - 18 Jan
Application Refused: 15th of April
Appeal: 16th of April
Reconsideration Letter sent: 16th April
Reapplied EEA 4: 24th October 2016
Payment Taken: 28th October 2016
RC: 23 May 2017

CoolGirl1984
Poland

Post by CoolGirl1984 » Wed May 23, 2012 4:07 pm

My fiance called HO today, maybe 2 hrs ago and guess what.... They still haven't processed our application... So he requested his passport back, for work purposes. Let's see what happens in next few days...

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Wed May 23, 2012 4:28 pm

CoolGirl1984 wrote:My fiance called HO today, maybe 2 hrs ago and guess what.... They still haven't processed our application... So he requested his passport back, for work purposes. Let's see what happens in next few days...
Im sure they have to stick to the 6 months so I woudnt worry

But I wish the wait would be over, its really difficult
COA received - 18 Jan

CoolGirl1984
Poland

Post by CoolGirl1984 » Wed May 23, 2012 4:29 pm

Samelamin wrote:
CoolGirl1984 wrote:My fiance called HO today, maybe 2 hrs ago and guess what.... They still haven't processed our application... So he requested his passport back, for work purposes. Let's see what happens in next few days...

yeah, let's see. Just in case I got to know who's our MP and booked the appointment for next month :)

kingade

Post by kingade » Wed May 23, 2012 9:32 pm

jheibaby wrote:Wow! I can't believe I'm finally bringing in the good news! I got my RC yesterday just after I posted here. Everything just suddenly feels so much brighter! Although we're positive my RC is back dated, not complaining.

Hang in there guys! I wish for everyone's relief soon!

Mine went two weeks past the six months. Keep positive!
Hello jheibaby, Did you call or email HO at all during the six month waiting period to speeding up your application process?
Thanks

Christian1
Newly Registered

Post by Christian1 » Wed May 23, 2012 10:15 pm

Hi everyone.
Sent an e-mail to home office last week and this was the reply:

Good Morning,

As your application is not here in Liverpool , please contact the Immigration Enquiry Bureau for any information concerning your application.

Please see the contact details below:

0870 606 7766

Kind regards
Euro

Where did they put my papers now? This has caused me so much distress... I hope they didn't lose the application. Anyone been in similar situation? Any advice as well as to what i should do? I'm still waiting for their reply when i asked them what happened to my application.
Last edited by Christian1 on Thu May 24, 2012 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

psuch2
Brazil

Post by psuch2 » Thu May 24, 2012 12:18 am

CoolGirl1984 wrote:
Samelamin wrote:

yeah, let's see. Just in case I got to know who's our MP and booked the appointment for next month :)
Be prepared to educate your MP in European Legislation, my MP was totaly ignorant. Asked him to intervene, my COA was taking to long, he didnt ebven know what I was talking about, even said I should be deported. Showed him my COA last week, wainting for his apology which I guess will never happen, I am making a big fuss out of it, writing to my local newspaper and the Parlamentary Commision too !!!
No Matter How Long Winter Is, There's Always Spring Time Ahead

Ikonkar
India

Post by Ikonkar » Thu May 24, 2012 12:22 am

psuch2 wrote:
CoolGirl1984 wrote:
Samelamin wrote:

Be prepared to educate your MP in European Legislation, my MP was totaly ignorant. Asked him to intervene, my COA was taking to long, he didnt ebven know what I was talking about, even said I should be deported. Showed him my COA last week, wainting for his apology which I guess will never happen, I am making a big fuss out of it, writing to my local newspaper and the Parlamentary Commision too !!!
Hi mate,

Definitely complain... If I could be of any help let me know, but first which council you in? I'm in maidenhead & Windsor borough where Teresa May is from so looking forward or your reply.

Thanks
GOD BLESS
Ikonkar

jayven

Post by jayven » Thu May 24, 2012 1:05 am

great news, aluter!! congrats!! hope we'll get ours soon too! asked for our passports back last week but not heard from them whatsoever.[/quote]

I think the best way to go about it is put some pressure on them. I had a chance to increase my working hours from 20 to 40 and the company i work for totally refused to do it because my coa was a piece of paper!.

So i emailed them saying this causing me distress etc. Then my RC got processed!!!.

I went in today to speak to HR and my hours have been increased and I get to go to turkey next month because with my RC it takes only 3 days to process the visa!!!!

I feel pretty satisfied lol

congratulation aluter!!! really happy for u! i have been away for 3days!! alots of good news coming from this week!! aluter can u pls tell me what is the phone number and email to ask about my RC pls!!!thanks

EEA2 sent = 02 feb 12
HO received = 03 feb 12
COA = 02 may 12
RC = no news????

psuch2
Brazil

Post by psuch2 » Thu May 24, 2012 1:41 am

Ikonkar wrote:
psuch2 wrote:
CoolGirl1984 wrote:
Samelamin wrote:

Hi mate,

Definitely complain... If I could be of any help let me know, but first which council you in? I'm in maidenhead & Windsor borough where Teresa May is from so looking forward or your reply.

Thanks
Hi, I am from Huntingdon Cambs, i dont think i have a case to complain to the Parliamentary Standards Commission, so i don't really know who else would help, If my letter get published in the paper I am sure will stir things up a bit, might contact my local labour party office ( my MP is Conservative) i'm sure they would love to pick a fight with him. Europeans citizens make around 7%(estimate) on my constituency and worries me we are not being properly represented in the Parliament !!!
No Matter How Long Winter Is, There's Always Spring Time Ahead

jheibaby
Newly Registered

Post by jheibaby » Thu May 24, 2012 9:41 am

kingade wrote:
jheibaby wrote:Wow! I can't believe I'm finally bringing in the good news! I got my RC yesterday just after I posted here. Everything just suddenly feels so much brighter! Although we're positive my RC is back dated, not complaining.

Hang in there guys! I wish for everyone's relief soon!

Mine went two weeks past the six months. Keep positive!
Hello jheibaby, Did you call or email HO at all during the six month waiting period to speeding up your application process?
Thanks

Hi, I did try calling and emailing from four months but got very minimal responses like the majority of us here get.

I don't think my application was speeded up in any way as it even went two weeks past the six months scheme.

However, from the first day past the six months, I emailed them almost every other day - or call them and had my EU partner do the same.

I also lodged two complain letters to NWCSU, although I never got any response.

I also contacted my MP contituency and my MP himself directly at the house of commons who wrote back to me in 48 hours to let me know that he's written to HO.

I knew I had to stand my ground, as anything over the six months wasn't acceptable. I'm not sure which one exactly gave them a kick on the behind but all the steps I took for me - was worth it.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu May 24, 2012 10:36 am

jheibaby wrote: Hi, I did try calling and emailing from four months but got very minimal responses like the majority of us here get.

I don't think my application was speeded up in any way as it even went two weeks past the six months scheme.

However, from the first day past the six months, I emailed them almost every other day - or call them and had my EU partner do the same.

I also contacted my MP contituency and my MP himself directly at the house of commons who wrote back to me in 48 hours to let me know that he's written to HO.

I knew I had to stand my ground, as anything over the six months wasn't acceptable. I'm not sure which one exactly gave them a kick on the behind but all the steps I took for me - was worth it.
It is very good you did complain as the HO practices are unacceptable. However, strictly speaking your RC was issued within the 6 months limit. It just took them a month to deliver it.

jheibaby
Newly Registered

Post by jheibaby » Thu May 24, 2012 11:31 am

Jambo wrote:
jheibaby wrote: Hi, I did try calling and emailing from four months but got very minimal responses like the majority of us here get.

It is very good you did complain as the HO practices are unacceptable. However, strictly speaking your RC was issued within the 6 months limit. It just took them a month to deliver it.
Hi Jambo, with regards RC and complaining - we complained because my six months was on the 8th of May, but until the 17th we were told that my case was "undecided/hasn't been completed." Hence, the speculation of my RC being backdated came. Could also be down to the fact that this...

“Chapter 5: Residence Card applications
5.1.8 Six-month rule

Community law requires us to decide applications for a Residence Card within 6 months from the date of receipt of the application. Every effort should be made to do so, particularly where an applicant draws our attention to an alleged breach of this requirement. Failure to comply with this requirement could leave the Home Office open to a claim for damages.“

Had been quoted on several of the emails I sent to them.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu May 24, 2012 12:03 pm

jheibaby wrote: Hi Jambo, with regards RC and complaining - we complained because my six months was on the 8th of May, but until the 17th we were told that my case was "undecided/hasn't been completed." Hence, the speculation of my RC being backdated came. Could also be down to the fact that this...

“Chapter 5: Residence Card applications
5.1.8 Six-month rule

Community law requires us to decide applications for a Residence Card within 6 months from the date of receipt of the application. Every effort should be made to do so, particularly where an applicant draws our attention to an alleged breach of this requirement. Failure to comply with this requirement could leave the Home Office open to a claim for damages.“

Had been quoted on several of the emails I sent to them.
You did the right thing pointing them to their own guidance. Even if they didn't backdate your RC, they should be aware that people are familiar with the legislation and the HO should follow it.

athik
Newly Registered

Post by athik » Thu May 24, 2012 1:16 pm

Hi friends finally time came to share my good news with u all, today i received my RC it was issued on 22nd of may and received on 24th may, i am so happy that i forget totally the pain i gone through since last five months, most important i like to thank to the owners of this site and the people who is maintaining this forum and friends who was supportive and encouraging and giving strength to be patience.
for mates who are waiting i like to say best of luck and hope soon you will feel the happiness with which i am going through now, believe me once you get ur RC u will completely forget past. i pray for all to get this happiness.
once again a biggggggggggggg thank you to all of you, i wish i could celebrate this moment with you all .......ALL THE BEST

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Thu May 24, 2012 1:29 pm

congrats :)

More december applicants getting good news ;)
COA received - 18 Jan

horizon1985

Post by horizon1985 » Thu May 24, 2012 1:38 pm

athik wrote:Hi friends finally time came to share my good news with u all, today i received my RC it was issued on 22nd of may and received on 24th may, i am so happy that i forget totally the pain i gone through since last five months, most important i like to thank to the owners of this site and the people who is maintaining this forum and friends who was supportive and encouraging and giving strength to be patience.
for mates who are waiting i like to say best of luck and hope soon you will feel the happiness with which i am going through now, believe me once you get ur RC u will completely forget past. i pray for all to get this happiness.
once again a biggggggggggggg thank you to all of you, i wish i could celebrate this moment with you all .......ALL THE BEST
Hi Athik,

It is really nice to hear about your RC. You are absolutely right that this pain of waiting is killing everyone. I am going through with it as well. But good thing is that I can see that now they are processing december applicants. MY timeline is:
EEA2 sent 20 december 2011
COA received 25 january 2012
RC : I hope that it would come very soon
Once again dear I am very glad that you have finally received your RC. I think if anyone comes here with good news it gives strength to others to be hopeful. Please I request everyone to share their timeline once they received their RC.

Enjoy your life Athik

goodies

Post by goodies » Thu May 24, 2012 1:43 pm

Congrats mate, its our hope all of us get our RC soon.
EEA2 sent 21/12/2011
COA received 19/01/2012
RC ???????????

With God all things are possible.

CoolGirl1984
Poland

Post by CoolGirl1984 » Thu May 24, 2012 2:02 pm

athik wrote:Hi friends finally time came to share my good news with u all, today i received my RC it was issued on 22nd of may and received on 24th may, i am so happy that i forget totally the pain i gone through since last five months, most important i like to thank to the owners of this site and the people who is maintaining this forum and friends who was supportive and encouraging and giving strength to be patience.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Can I just ask you whether they have returned all the documents with your RC or you reckon it might come later on?

athik
Newly Registered

Post by athik » Thu May 24, 2012 2:09 pm

CoolGirl1984 wrote:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Can I just ask you whether they have returned all the documents with your RC or you reckon it might come later on?
Thank you.... yes they send complete package what i sent to them

jayven

Post by jayven » Thu May 24, 2012 2:53 pm

[quote="athik"]Hi friends finally time came to share my good news with u all, today i received my RC it was issued on 22nd of may and received on 24th may, i am so happy that i forget totally the pain i gone through since last five months, most important i like to thank to the owners of this site and the people who is maintaining this forum and friends who was supportive and encouraging and giving strength to be patience.
once again a biggggggggggggg thank you to all of you, i wish i could celebrate this moment with you all .......ALL THE BEST[/quote]

congratulation mate! hope our is coming soon!!1 enjoy your RC :lol:

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Thu May 24, 2012 4:03 pm

[quote="athik"]Hi friends finally time came to share my good news with u all, today i received my RC it was issued on 22nd of may and received on 24th may, i am so happy that i forget totally the pain i gone through since last five months, most important i like to thank to the owners of this site and the people who is maintaining this forum and friends who was supportive and encouraging and giving strength to be patience.
once again a biggggggggggggg thank you to all of you, i wish i could celebrate this moment with you all .......ALL THE BEST[/quote]

Congrats mate

kingade

Post by kingade » Thu May 24, 2012 4:13 pm

athik wrote:
CoolGirl1984 wrote:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Thank you.... yes they send complete package what i sent to them

Congratulations i can't wait to feel this joy.
Thanks