ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Extension - December 2006 Applicants

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jk2007
BANNED

HSMP Extension - December 2006 Applicants

Post by Jk2007 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:22 pm

Those applicants who apply for HSMP extension under the new rules, please post your experience and comments here. This will help others who are yet preparing the FLR(HSMP) application.

The following reminder posted in the working in the UK web site may be useful to all:

"Important Reminder

Applicants under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme and their representatives are reminded of the importance of supplying all of the information necessary for us to be able to make a decision.

A substantial number of Highly Skilled Migrant Programme applications continue to be received without sufficient supporting evidence to validate the self-assessment score.

Applicants must provide all the evidence required to support their application at the outset. It is important to note that if the evidence required to support any of the statements made in their application is not included with it, or if the evidence supplied is not as specified on the application form, Work Permits (UK) will not contact the applicant to seek additional information. Instead we will make a decision on the basis of documentation supplied. Failure to submit the specified evidence in support of statements made may therefore lead to the refusal of the application. "

Anyone submitting FLR(HSMP) on 5th December, the first day of reopening of the scheme?
Last edited by Jk2007 on Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

HSMP_2007

Post by HSMP_2007 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:06 am

If you are living in UK

"Shall we go directly to submit the forms"

Recently i got workpermit for that i went directly to embassy to get stamping ?

Is new hsmp rules are providing the aove facility ?

Thanks,
:lol:

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:24 am

HSMP_2007,
HSMP forms should only be sent by post / courier. They do not accept applications personally.

Jk2007
BANNED

HSMP resumed formally

Post by Jk2007 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:51 am

I found the following notification on the immigration web site, stating the formal resuming of HSMP both for FLR(HSMP) and New applications..

--
Revised HSMP scheme for intial and extension applications

05 December 2006

The revised Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) scheme for initial and extension applications will operate from today following a short period of suspension.

Applicants under the scheme will now be judged against new points criteria, designed to better reflect the likelihood of migrants' labour market success. The changes bring the HSMP closer in line with Government's aims for migration, including supporting an objective set by the IND Review (July 2006), to boost Britain's economy by bringing the right skills here from around the world.

The changes to the assessment criteria reflect our determination to ensure greater transparency and objectivity in decision making. Importantly too, these changes will inform the decisions Government will take towards establishing the new five-tiered Points-Based System by April 2009.

--

first2last4

Re: HSMP resumed formally

Post by first2last4 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:41 am

Jk2007 wrote:Government will take towards establishing the new five-tiered Points-Based System by April 2009.

--
Interesting.... 2009.
Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:33 am

I posted my FLR(HSMP) application.
Last edited by Jk2007 on Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:47 am

It appears that there has not been many FLR(HSMP) applications since 5/12/2006.. Is this true?

Anyone posted their FLR(HSMP) after 5/12/2006 and got reference number?

kariarxy

Post by kariarxy » Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:00 pm

Jk2007 wrote:It appears that there has not been many FLR(HSMP) applications since 5/12/2006.. Is this true?

Anyone posted their FLR(HSMP) after 5/12/2006 and got reference number?

yes, I posted mine on 7/12/06, and got acknowledgement letter with reference letter on 11/12/06.

googleman
Newly Registered

Post by googleman » Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:36 pm

Hi,

I had sent in my application during the suspension period on the old form. I was asked to send the additinal info as per the new rules applicable. I sent the additional details on 4th december and got the passport back with extension for 4 years on 8th decemeber.

slugmeister
BANNED
Mood:
United Kingdom

Applied 05 Dec. Decision 09 Dec

Post by slugmeister » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:25 pm

Hi there,

Basic summary: I applied on Dec 5th. Decision was made on Dec 9th. Documents mailed back to me on Dec 11.

I'm American. I'm here in the UK on a work permit. I applied for the HSMP on Dec 5th. I sent in my application via Royal Mail express on Dec 4th. It was received December 5th.

Unfortuantely, I did not have a letter from my university saying that my course was taught in English. I am a native English speaker. I gradauted with a degree in English Literature from a university in the USA.

Regarding the language requirement, I included my diploma, the NARIC assessment, a letter from my employer stating that English is required for the job I do. And for comic effect, I had a letter from a well known Radio presenter stating that I am a correspondant for the station and that I speak English. I also included my transcripts from the university.

I called the home office today because the letter from my university that says my 'course work was in english' finally arrived. I called to ask the home office if I could still submit it.

I did not submit it originally, because the post from the USA was very slow and my 32nd birthday was approaching. I put a fax of the letter in my application, however.

I was on hold for about 10 minutes when I called. Spoke to a nice gentlman. I gave him my reference number. He couldn't find me in the system. I gave him my name and address. He still couldn't find me in the system.

He then put me on hold for almost 10 minutes as he went to investigate.

It turns out that because I am here on a work permit, my details were in the 'old system' but not updated on the 'new system.' Whatever. He eventually found me.

He then told me a decision had been made. W-w-whoa, that was fast! He coudln't tell what the decision was but he said that it was made on December 9. He then went through the time line of my application.

05 Dec Received Application
05 Dec Processed Payment
06 Dec Application given to case worker
07 Dec Application referred to a supervisior
09 Dec Decision Made
11 Dec Documents mailed back (i've not received them yet)

Fingers crossed that my appliation has been approved.

Cheers,
The lady in waiting...

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:53 pm

This is really great news!!

I hope they will process FLR(HSMP) Extension applications also quickly like this.

HSMP5thDec

Post by HSMP5thDec » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:47 pm

Got approved of HSMP under new scoring system on 7 Dec, received letter on 9th Dec (sent out application on 4th Dec).

Sent out application of FLR (HSMP) on 12 Dec, today .

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:23 pm

For FLR(HSMP), I find that Payment Processing address is at Durham, and application processing address is at Sheffield. Does this mean that after the payment is processed at Durham, the send (by post or courier?) the application to Sheffield? Would this not cause delay?

Whereas for HSMP initial approval, the application is received directly at Sheffield.

Can any one comment?

HSMPnUK

Post by HSMPnUK » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:04 pm

Wishes for getting the extension.

I hope you would share certain informations which might be helpful for people like me who are about to apply for extension.Iam in 1+3 HSMP category.

1. Does the new rule allow visa application(for extension) to be lodged before 2 months from the expiry date?

2. Which is fastest method for payment?

Thanks
HSMPnUK

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:54 pm

[quote="HSMPnUK"]Wishes for getting the extension.

I hope you would share certain informations which might be helpful for people like me who are about to apply for extension.Iam in 1+3 HSMP category.

1. Does the new rule allow visa application(for extension) to be lodged before 2 months from the expiry date?

2. Which is fastest method for payment?

Thanks
HSMPnUK[/quote]

(1) The guidance notes suggest that you submit your application 5 weeks before the expiry of Visa. I think some people submitted 2 months before.

(2) I believe the fastest is Postal Order, as this will be cleared immediately.

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:54 am

HSMP5thDec,

Have you got acknowledgement and reference number for your FLR(HSMP)?
Last edited by Jk2007 on Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

HSMP5thDec

Post by HSMP5thDec » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:56 am

Hi Jk2007, not yet. i will expect it by the end of the week or early next week.
Jk2007 wrote:HSMP5thDec,

Have you got acknowledgement and reference number for your FLR(HSMP)?

hsmpaspire
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpaspire » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:45 am

You need to wait for atleast 3-4 working days before your acknowledgement reaches you as its sent under 2nd class post.So if it reaches HO on xth and if your payment mode is Postal Order,you will definately recieve confirmation within(x+3) or (x+4) days.Atleast tahts what happened to me.

All The Best

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:47 am

Just got a doubt.. Do they provide reference number for FLR(HSMP) application also? Unlike HSMP form, in the FLR(HSMP) form, there appears to be no acknowledgement section.

Another point is FLR(HSMP) forms are sent to Durham (Payment Handling Service). Should we get acknowledgement from Durham or from Sheffield (Work Permit Office)?

Any one who got the acknowledgement / ref number for their FLR(HSMP), please provide some details.

HSMP5thDec

Post by HSMP5thDec » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:21 am

they will have a ref no for their own use, although not as formal as HSMP's.
it would be from Durham.
Jk2007 wrote:Just got a doubt.. Do they provide reference number for FLR(HSMP) application also? Unlike HSMP form, in the FLR(HSMP) form, there appears to be no acknowledgement section.

Another point is FLR(HSMP) forms are sent to Durham (Payment Handling Service). Should we get acknowledgement from Durham or from Sheffield (Work Permit Office)?

Any one who got the acknowledgement / ref number for their FLR(HSMP), please provide some details.

lanr3e

Post by lanr3e » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:31 am

12 Dec - Application for FLR sent
13 Dec - Application Received by Work Permits UK FLR (HSMP)
14 Dec - Payment by CC cleared
Awaiting ref number / decision
Points claimed:
Qualification: 35
Earning: 35
UK Exp : 5
Total : 95
English Lang Req: Letter from awarding institution and 1st degree cert.

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:34 am

Has anyone who submitted FLR(HSMP) in December 2006 got acknowledgement / Ref Number?
Last edited by Jk2007 on Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

HSMP5thDec

Post by HSMP5thDec » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:08 am

Me neither. I sent out on 12th, they received on 13th. Payment still not cleared as of today, 15th Dec.
Jk2007 wrote:Has anyone who submitted FLR(HSMP) after 10 December 2006 got acknowledgement / Ref Number?

My application was delivered on 12th, but not got acknowledgement so far..

meggles

Post by meggles » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:11 am

I was just approved for HSMP on 12-Dec-06. Currently in the UK on WP. Due to work reasons (needing passport) I cannot/willnot apply for FLR(HSMP) until Feb. Thought I'd post my cover letter. i'm really really worried about the processing times... i'm sending packet on 20-Feb-07. Need to travel on 5-May. It's the longest time slot i have where my passport is not needed... please comment if i've forgotten supporting docunments, etc... from previous posts the FLR(HSMP) seems to take 4-12 weeks.. is this correct???

meggles contact details.

Work Permits (UK) – FLR(HSMP)
PO Box 493
Durham
DH99 1WT

20-Febuary-2007

Dear FLR(HSMP) Team,

This letter is to outline my enclosed application for the FLR(HSMP). I started work in the UK on xx-Sep-03 on a 2 Year Work Permit. This initial Work Permit was then extended for a further 3 years. I am currently working in the UK on this 3 Year Work Permit. This application is to change from a FLR(WP) to a FLR(HSMP) status.

Since being in the UK, I have only had one employer: xxx, Inc. I started working for them on xx-Sep-03 and continue to be employed by them. The contact person at this office is Ms. best boss, Operations Manager, xxx@bestcompany.com, Tel: xxx, Fax: xxx.

I have enclosed the following supporting information:

1. HSMP Letter- Reference 200xxx
2. 2 photos with my name written on the back
3. Current Passport
4. (6) Months UK Checking Account Statements
5. (6) Months UK Savings Account Statements
6. (6) Months UK Wage Slips
7. (6) Months US Checking Account Statements
8. Mortgage Statement showing that I own my own house in the UK, and hence have suitable accommodation.

Thank you for considering my applications and I look forward to you prompt response.

Regards,
meggles...

am i forgetting anything???

HSMP5thDec

Post by HSMP5thDec » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:44 am

do they need the HSMP original letter? they can crosscheck it over the system.
and, police registration certificate (if you have one)?

meggles wrote:I was just approved for HSMP on 12-Dec-06. Currently in the UK on WP. Due to work reasons (needing passport) I cannot/willnot apply for FLR(HSMP) until Feb. Thought I'd post my cover letter. i'm really really worried about the processing times... i'm sending packet on 20-Feb-07. Need to travel on 5-May. It's the longest time slot i have where my passport is not needed... please comment if i've forgotten supporting docunments, etc... from previous posts the FLR(HSMP) seems to take 4-12 weeks.. is this correct???

meggles contact details.

Work Permits (UK) – FLR(HSMP)
PO Box 493
Durham
DH99 1WT

20-Febuary-2007

Dear FLR(HSMP) Team,

This letter is to outline my enclosed application for the FLR(HSMP). I started work in the UK on xx-Sep-03 on a 2 Year Work Permit. This initial Work Permit was then extended for a further 3 years. I am currently working in the UK on this 3 Year Work Permit. This application is to change from a FLR(WP) to a FLR(HSMP) status.

Since being in the UK, I have only had one employer: xxx, Inc. I started working for them on xx-Sep-03 and continue to be employed by them. The contact person at this office is Ms. best boss, Operations Manager, xxx@bestcompany.com, Tel: xxx, Fax: xxx.

I have enclosed the following supporting information:

1. HSMP Letter- Reference 200xxx
2. 2 photos with my name written on the back
3. Current Passport
4. (6) Months UK Checking Account Statements
5. (6) Months UK Savings Account Statements
6. (6) Months UK Wage Slips
7. (6) Months US Checking Account Statements
8. Mortgage Statement showing that I own my own house in the UK, and hence have suitable accommodation.

Thank you for considering my applications and I look forward to you prompt response.

Regards,
meggles...

am i forgetting anything???