ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SURVEY - PEO Croydon - IT issues

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iactcrazy
Newly Registered

SURVEY - PEO Croydon - IT issues

Post by iactcrazy » Sun May 13, 2012 11:35 am

Hi,

not sure if this will interest all, but I thought I would start a thread of all people who were turned away from Croydon due to IT issues but were told to leave documents. This happened to me, was told that they will call me, but 1 week later have not heard anything. So wanted to see if others are in a similar situation. This way, least we can work out how long we, as Premium Applicants have to wait due to IT issues etc.

example, here is my case;

11am 4th May - Went to Croydon - Form SET (M)
11.30am - Payment and Biometrics carried out
6pm - Ticket called - Asked to leave documents, go home and wait for call next week.
13th May - No call, no documents, no ILR

Thanks, hope people can find the time to display their issues. Am mainly interested in Premium Service at the Croydon office.

happy-user
Newly Registered

Post by happy-user » Sun May 13, 2012 11:39 am

Great idea

here is my case;

SET (M) - Went to Croydon 10.30am 2nd May
Payment and Biometrics carried out by 11.00am
Ticket called at 4.45pm - Asked to leave documents, go home and wait for call next week.
Current Status - No call, no documents, no ILR

In same position! :cry:

Iriny_k

Post by Iriny_k » Sun May 13, 2012 12:08 pm

there were many posts here about the issue. we can gather all in one thread as you suggest, the question is what can we do with this data? just complain to each other or take it somewhere further?

my case:
ILR SET O, applied May 3rd 8:30
2PM caseworker said she is happy with my docs but there is IT issue and she cannot proceed
took documents, asked to come back on the 8th
came back on the 8th - they said I don't need to be here and have to go home and wait for the call
mailed the complain to HO on the 9th
nothing since

vwali
Newly Registered

Post by vwali » Sun May 13, 2012 12:47 pm

SET (O) - Went to Croydon 11.00am 4th May
Payments Taken 11:30am and Biometrics carried out by 2:00pm
Ticket called at 6pm - Asked to leave documents, go home and wait for call next Tuesday (she even stated they will work on the case over the document)
Current Status - No call, no documents, no ILR

iactcrazy
Newly Registered

Post by iactcrazy » Sun May 13, 2012 1:14 pm

Hi irinky_k

Reason for this thread is so that we can post it under one subject as this topic is all over the place on this forum. Also, it's mainly relating to us guys who were asked to leave due to IT issues. I want to see whether it was worth paying the extra £400 for the premium service or not.

If we get a lot of responses, maybe we can do something about it. We have to gather numbers at first to see. A place to start.

Thanks

Iriny_k

Post by Iriny_k » Sun May 13, 2012 1:29 pm

iactcrazy wrote:Hi irinky_k

Reason for this thread is so that we can post it under one subject as this topic is all over the place on this forum. Also, it's mainly relating to us guys who were asked to leave due to IT issues. I want to see whether it was worth paying the extra £400 for the premium service or not.

If we get a lot of responses, maybe we can do something about it. We have to gather numbers at first to see. A place to start.

Thanks
great, I'd be interested to do something about it. just don't know what yet.
definitely not worth paying extra £400 for me, I've already cancelling my vocation and cannot commit to any work related travel either.

let's update the status here too. I want to see if someone from HO will actually reply my complain.

chathul

Re: SURVEY - PEO Croydon - IT issues

Post by chathul » Sun May 13, 2012 7:05 pm

iactcrazy wrote:Hi,

not sure if this will interest all, but I thought I would start a thread of all people who were turned away from Croydon due to IT issues but were told to leave documents. This happened to me, was told that they will call me, but 1 week later have not heard anything. So wanted to see if others are in a similar situation. This way, least we can work out how long we, as Premium Applicants have to wait due to IT issues etc.

example, here is my case;

11am 4th May - Went to Croydon - Form SET (M)
11.30am - Payment and Biometrics carried out
6pm - Ticket called - Asked to leave documents, go home and wait for call next week.
13th May - No call, no documents, no ILR

Thanks, hope people can find the time to display their issues. Am mainly interested in Premium Service at the Croydon office.

Hi guys

There is another thread if you all wants to follow.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... &start=120

psb

Post by psb » Sun May 13, 2012 10:20 pm

Last edited by psb on Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sivakkumarkr
Newly Registered

Post by sivakkumarkr » Mon May 14, 2012 12:16 pm

Dear All,
I was also asked to submit my documents and told that I will get a call and did not hear anything till now.

This is a great forum to share the PEO appointment experience. Here is my details:
1. Current vignette: Tier 1 (General) Extension
2. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : July 2012
3. Number of applicants: 1
4. Home Office Location: Croydon
5. Time of appointment: 11:00 am
6. Date of Appointment attended: 08th May 2012
7. Reason given by case worker: Biometric results pending.
8. If call received, date of call received:<awaiting>
9. Date Passport, Documents and letter of approval received: <awaiting>
10. Date (new) leave to remain valid from: <awaiting>
11. Date BRP received: <awaiting>

Iriny_k

Post by Iriny_k » Mon May 14, 2012 7:15 pm

sivakkumarkr wrote:Dear All,
I was also asked to submit my documents and told that I will get a call and did not hear anything till now.

This is a great forum to share the PEO appointment experience. Here is my details:
1. Current vignette: Tier 1 (General) Extension
2. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : July 2012
3. Number of applicants: 1
4. Home Office Location: Croydon
5. Time of appointment: 11:00 am
6. Date of Appointment attended: 08th May 2012
7. Reason given by case worker: Biometric results pending.
8. If call received, date of call received:<awaiting>
9. Date Passport, Documents and letter of approval received: <awaiting>
10. Date (new) leave to remain valid from: <awaiting>
11. Date BRP received: <awaiting>
what do you mean by 8, 9, 10 and 11 please? who said that the status is awaiting?

tier-1

Post by tier-1 » Tue May 15, 2012 7:31 am

Hey Friends,

You know what? I had a similar experience wherein I was told to leave my application only to be processed later. They did process it but the service we typically get in such cases is hardly premium.

I had raised to ombudsman as complaint and UKBA was forced to refund the premium service fee.

You can get refund of premium service, that is for sure. If the UKBA themselves do not give it, ombudsman can get them for you.

So dont worry. You will have to chase this through complaint procedure.

Iriny_k

Post by Iriny_k » Tue May 15, 2012 8:17 am

tier-1 wrote:Hey Friends,

You know what? I had a similar experience wherein I was told to leave my application only to be processed later. They did process it but the service we typically get in such cases is hardly premium.

I had raised to ombudsman as complaint and UKBA was forced to refund the premium service fee.

You can get refund of premium service, that is for sure. If the UKBA themselves do not give it, ombudsman can get them for you.

good news! do you mind providing more details please? what's the reason for delay, how long did it take, who did you contact and what you wrote?
thanks!

chathul

Post by chathul » Wed May 16, 2012 1:23 pm

tier-1 wrote:Hey Friends,

Hi Tier 1

Please elaborate how you claimed it back. Applied on 25th April still waiting for BRP.

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Wed May 16, 2012 1:38 pm

Thanks Tier 1
Its good to know that we can (at least) try and claim back the money.
Thanks for your post.

psb

Post by psb » Thu May 24, 2012 11:09 am

There were IT problems again at Croydon yesterday 23 May and Monday 21 May.

foopai
Newly Registered

Post by foopai » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:19 pm

ILR SET (O), applied July 3rd 8:25 AM
Security check, Payment, Initial scrutiny, Biometric completed by 9:30 AM.
9:45 AM papers submitted to caseworker.
12:20 PM delays due to IT issues announced on public announcement system.
1:00 PM Caseworker tells me to go out and have lunch and come back as it will take longer due to IT issues.
2:00 PM Caseworker tells me that due to IT issues my application cannot be processed. However she said that my papers were in order and that there should not be any problems with my ILR. She returned all original documents back to me but retained my passport. I was told that I will get a call within 2 days and they will confirm my ILR at that time and also let me know when I can collect my passport from the office. She informed that the BRP will be posted to my home address within 5 to 10 days.

So much for a premium service and a premium price!

I am very anxious about this call and just hoping that this will be sorted out very soon.
Has anyone else experienced the same issues at Croydon in June/July?