ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (PSW) processing times

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kartik_r
BANNED

Re: Whats the Hell is going on!!!!

Post by kartik_r » Thu May 24, 2012 11:37 am

easydoesit wrote:
mousamhere wrote:Hey!! is someone out there as my timeline, its beyond frustrating :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Application sent 18th Feb
Acc 2nd March
Bio done 26th March Birmingham (latter dated 21st march)
since than nothing updated..

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
If your timeline is beyond frustrating what's your opinion about my application considering I applied 18 days before you did

My timeline

Application Sent: 1st Feb 2012 (Special delivery)
Acknowledgement letter received : 7th Feb 2012
Biometric invitation received: 10th March 2012 (Mistake in letter)
Second Biometric invitation received: 23rd March 2012
Biometrics done:24th March 2012 Camden Post Office
but because 24 march was a Saturday I consider my biometric date to be Monday 26 march
Passport : waiting
BRP : waiting

I think we will have to wait another 2 to 3 weeks atleast in the light of the fact that UKBA current pace is processing 5 days biometrics in 1 month. It is frustrating I know but can you do anything else apart from waiting and cursing them?
My time line is quiete similar to you ( I applied on Feb 10th and you applied on Feb 1st ... only 9 days difference.... but my bio metric received on 23rd apr 2012... after one month from you...)

What the h*ell is happening with this UKba b*astards. They're holding he*ll a lot of applications and its a clear indication that they're telling indirectly it's better for lot of people to get the f*uck out of this country...

Having such a huge back log their are f*ucking the Olymbics visas for f*uck sake having taken all payments from PSW... that is why they take 1 month ( 5 day bio metric difference)

My time line

Date of Application : 10 feb 2012
Acknwledgement letter (dt) : 14 Feb 2012
Payment cleared : 16 Feb 2012 (got confirmation letter on request made to Natwest on my dd payment
Acknowledgment letter (received in post) : 19 Feb 2012
Bio metric letter (dt) : 18 Apr 2012
Bio metric letter (received in post) : 23 Apr 2012
Bio metric registered (same day, eve 4.03 pm) : Earls court, London

In your case, In fact for you you got to know a reason that they sent to wrong address and that is why the delay for bio metric... wherein in my case i dont know the reason for the delay in bio metric but still they dont really care about Date of Application and upload the file in the system for a case worker ( work queue) on considering the date of bio metric registration.

Unfortunately, this year due to employment routes closure massive people applied during Mar 20-Apr 5 in order to extend their stay and take employment and that is why there is a backlog, many people from the time line ( Feb 3rd week to Mar 2nd week) would have got their bio metric done by Mar last week and following weeks.... so, we'll be down under the work queue ( on seeing their pace in terms of application process), i guess it will take solid 2 to 3 months from now for bio metric registered dates ( apr 13 - Apr 24).

I also heared that UKba giving more perference to Olymbic visas rather considering the PSW visas ( due to the fact of more business) because they already got the money from PSW applications.

Kartik

easydoesit
Newly Registered

Post by easydoesit » Thu May 24, 2012 11:40 am

kartik_r wrote:
aftabkhan812 wrote:
Mandar wrote:My timeline is,
Application: 2nd Feb.
Acknowledgement letter dated: 7th Feb.
Biometric letter dated: 11th April
Biometric letter received and enrolled on: 14th April
since then, nothing yet.

I received biometric invitation letter almost after two and a half month from date of application. After waiting two months for biometric letter, i called the number provided on UKBA website and then I came to know that they sent my letter to a wrong address. After correcting my address in their records, i requested them to send me a new letter. I received this letter on 14th April and enrolled biometric on the same day at croydon post office.
Now my concern is, whether they process the applications according to the application date or biometric enrollment date? If they process according to application date, then i should have received my documents by now. And if not then i see a long wait in front of me. Does anybody have any idea about how they queue the applications for processing?
Thanks in advance.
I think its after the biometric date bud ..!!
@ aftabkhan812 - My time line is quiete similar to you.

Payment cleared : 16 Feb 2012 (got confirmation letter on request made to Natwest on my dd payment

In your case, In fact for you you got to know a reason that they sent to wrong address and that is why the delay for bio metric... wherein in my case i dont know the reason for the delay in bio metric but still they dont really care about Date of Application and upload the file in the system for a case worker ( work queue) on considering the date of bio metric registration.

Unfortunately, this year due to employment routes closure massive people applied during Mar 20-Apr 5 in order to extend their stay and take employment and that is why there is a backlog, many people from the time line ( Feb 3rd week to Mar 2nd week) would have got their bio metric done by Mar last week and following weeks.... so, we'll be down under the work queue ( on seeing their pace in terms of application process), i guess it will take solid 2 to 3 months from now for bio metric registered dates ( apr 13 - Apr 24).

I also heared that UKba giving more perference to Olymbic visas rather considering the PSW visas ( due to the fact of more business) because they already got the money from PSW applications.

Kartik

THIS IS UNCONFIRMED NEWS PEOPLE

My friend's girlfriend works in the British embassy in India and she has told him that UKBA aims to clear all the PSW backlog within 4 weeks as they want to concentrate on the huge rush expected for Olympics and Para olympics visitors and then immediately the student applications start. I know some people are suggesting that they are putting PSW application in the backlog to concentrate on Olympics if that was the case then people who applied between March 20 and April 5 and gave Biometric between April to May will have to wait at least 6 more months which seems highly unlikely.

I think they are already upto people who gave their Biometrics around 22 march and most likely have only 40 to 50 days of backlog if you calculate that PSW closed on April 5 and I don't know anyone who has given their Biometrics after first week of May and the Olympics are only less than 3 months away.

I might be wrong people but seems a good news so I thought I ll share it.

If anyone does not agree please give your opinion.

kartik_r
BANNED

Post by kartik_r » Thu May 24, 2012 12:05 pm

easydoesit wrote:
kartik_r wrote:
aftabkhan812 wrote:
Mandar wrote:My timeline is,
Application: 2nd Feb.
Acknowledgement letter dated: 7th Feb.
Biometric letter dated: 11th April
Biometric letter received and enrolled on: 14th April
since then, nothing yet.

I received biometric invitation letter almost after two and a half month from date of application. After waiting two months for biometric letter, i called the number provided on UKBA website and then I came to know that they sent my letter to a wrong address. After correcting my address in their records, i requested them to send me a new letter. I received this letter on 14th April and enrolled biometric on the same day at croydon post office.
Now my concern is, whether they process the applications according to the application date or biometric enrollment date? If they process according to application date, then i should have received my documents by now. And if not then i see a long wait in front of me. Does anybody have any idea about how they queue the applications for processing?
Thanks in advance.

Kartik

My friend's girlfriend works in the British embassy in India and she has told him that UKBA aims to clear all the PSW backlog within 4 weeks as they want to concentrate on the huge rush expected for Olympics and Para olympics visitors and then immediately the student applications start. I know some people are suggesting that they are putting PSW application in the backlog to concentrate on Olympics if that was the case then people who applied between March 20 and April 5 and gave Biometric between April to May will have to wait at least 6 more months which seems highly unlikely.

I think they are already upto people who gave their Biometrics around 22 march and most likely have only 40 to 50 days of backlog if you calculate that PSW closed on April 5 and I don't know anyone who has given their Biometrics after first week of May and the Olympics are only less than 3 months away.

dude, you have to under stand that they received around 90,000 + applications as per my understanding ( form my uni visa team)... more applications have flown in to them from May 20 to Apr 5...

i agree the point that they've done till Mar 22, few people that i know off who have given bio by mar 20-22 havent heard from them yet. However, majority of ppl on similar time got it.. So we'll go with it and pridict now..

Majority of people who applied in Mar 20 - apr 5, will/ would have got bio metric by apr and may...

at thier current pace, from Mar 22nd till apr 30 bio metric given people would be roughly around 50,000... they are taking 1 month for ( 5 consequent bio metric.. for ex.. Mar 22 to Mar 29 /30)...

Now calculate how much time will it take for them to meet people requirements who have given bio in apr and then think about people who have given in may..

I hope you can understand as what i am trying to explain..

manex

Post by manex » Thu May 24, 2012 12:14 pm

LoL what is this supposed to be for ? :lol: Is it a mistake or done purposely ?

manex

Post by manex » Thu May 24, 2012 12:21 pm

kartik_r wrote:
easydoesit wrote:
kartik_r wrote:
aftabkhan812 wrote:

Kartik

dude, you have to under stand that they received around 90,000 + applications as per my understanding ( form my uni visa team)... more applications have flown in to them from May 20 to Apr 5...

i agree the point that they've done till Mar 22, few people that i know off who have given bio by mar 20-22 havent heard from them yet. However, majority of ppl on similar time got it.. So we'll go with it and pridict now..

Majority of people who applied in Mar 20 - apr 5, will/ would have got bio metric by apr and may...

at thier current pace, from Mar 22nd till apr 30 bio metric given people would be roughly around 50,000... they are taking 1 month for ( 5 consequent bio metric.. for ex.. Mar 22 to Mar 29 /30)...

Now calculate how much time will it take for them to meet people requirements who have given bio in apr and then think about people who have given in may..

I am not sure whether anyone who applied between end of March and April have got their biometrics letter at all ? If anyone has please update.

kumarpsw

Post by kumarpsw » Thu May 24, 2012 12:38 pm

Biometrics on 22 and 23 march update please#####

manex

Post by manex » Thu May 24, 2012 12:42 pm

If Olympics is affecting our applications in any way could someone give me an insight into why this might be the case because visitors or athletes who need visas to come here for Olympics would have to do so in their home countries and not within the U.K ? I don't understand. :roll:

manex

Post by manex » Thu May 24, 2012 12:43 pm

manex wrote:If Olympics is affecting our applications in any way could someone give me an insight into why this might be the case because visitors or athletes who need visas to come here for Olympics would have to do so in their home countries and not within the U.K ? I don't understand. :roll:
I can understand this been the case for PSW applications made outside the U.K but not within the U.K.

kumarpsw

Post by kumarpsw » Thu May 24, 2012 12:47 pm

this is the reason to delay the psw

kartik_r
BANNED

Post by kartik_r » Thu May 24, 2012 12:58 pm

manex wrote:
kartik_r wrote:
easydoesit wrote:
kartik_r wrote:

Kartik

I am not sure whether anyone who applied between end of March and April have got their biometrics letter at all ? If anyone has please update.
Actually, bio metric should be generated within 28 days from the date of application.. 28th working day is extreme.. but they have taken applicants for granted this year.. they send bio metric after 2 months and 2 1/2 months for different application stating the reaon each application is different..

Having said that, i have seen lot of people in this forum who had a luck to receive bio metric in 28 to 40 days from the date of application..

lets say.. from feb 2nd week to mar 1st week people who have got bio metric by Mar and people who have applied by €mar 16- Mar 30 would have got their bio metric by apr 2nd to last week and they all have done bio metric then and there and their files will be up in the work queue, waiting for a case worker to be allocated) system although they applied after ppl like me , beacuse the ukba go as per bi metric date and not date of application..

did you get my point dude

kumarpsw

Post by kumarpsw » Thu May 24, 2012 1:07 pm

ya u r right

Maninder 84

waiting

Post by Maninder 84 » Thu May 24, 2012 1:13 pm

application sent 22nd feb
biometric rec 24th march (dated 21st feb)
biometric done 26th march (old street post office)
Brp & Docs: waiting
:roll:

Fed up.......

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Thu May 24, 2012 1:33 pm

manex wrote:
Nah mate we are not even exist in there system yet ....

Applied 2nd April
got acknowledgement 30 April
and this is it

might get biom letter after Olympic
N/A

hcampbell01
Newly Registered

Bio 22nd march

Post by hcampbell01 » Thu May 24, 2012 1:36 pm

Bio made 22nd march still no visa for me this week yet

kartik_r
BANNED

Re: Bio 22nd march

Post by kartik_r » Thu May 24, 2012 1:40 pm

hcampbell01 wrote:Bio made 22nd march still no visa for me this week yet
@ hcampbell01 - Plz email every day to this address tracking@securemail.co.uk

Mention your full name,
address,
Post code ( very important)
Who the sender of the item ( its UKba and item in BRP card via DX courier)

asking if they've any delivery for you for the day..

HAVE YOU NOT DONE THIS PROCESS YET ???

kashyapgada

Post by kashyapgada » Thu May 24, 2012 1:46 pm

kartik_r wrote:

Mention your full name,
address,

Doing this you will get your visa faster???

I dun think so!

hcampbell01
Newly Registered

Post by hcampbell01 » Thu May 24, 2012 1:51 pm

kartik_r wrote:

Mention your full name,
address,

Yea i have done this I have contacted them everyday this week. they have no outstanding packages for me yet.
I dont think a lot of people on the 22nd have received their visas yet. It seems there is another delay as i know someone from 21st March only received yesterday.

hcampbell01
Newly Registered

Post by hcampbell01 » Thu May 24, 2012 1:53 pm

kashyapgada wrote:
kartik_r wrote:

Mention your full name,
address,

Doing this you will get your visa faster???

I dun think so!

yea it doesnt make any difference in processing time. It just allows you to plan ahead to be in the house to collect it

ummer2000

Post by ummer2000 » Thu May 24, 2012 2:29 pm

Nothing yet from Dx side. Any one can tell me how can i trke my documents as I posted the back envelope to UKBA.

AJuyal
Newly Registered

BRP Received

Post by AJuyal » Thu May 24, 2012 2:36 pm

Hey guys.... Thought I should update you people.

Just got my BPR.... Here is my timeline

Application made : 17 Jan

Acknowledgement : 28 JAN

Bio metric Invi : 25 Feb (Went for biometric on 27 FEB but the bar code on the invitation was not readable)

Biometric Submitted : 6 March (Birmingham Identity and Passport Service )

BRP Received : 24 May (Dated 22 MAY)

Documents : awaiting delivery

Good luck everyone.

Just hang in there guys..

walkowitz

Post by walkowitz » Thu May 24, 2012 2:41 pm

ummer2000 wrote:Nothing yet from Dx side. Any one can tell me how can i trke my documents as I posted the back envelope to UKBA.
Royal Mail tracking as I also did the same and check everyday but no update .

This UKBA employees are too lazy .

kartik_r
BANNED

Re: BRP Received

Post by kartik_r » Thu May 24, 2012 2:44 pm

AJuyal wrote:Hey guys.... Thought I should update you people.

Just got my BPR.... Here is my timeline

Application made : 17 Jan

Acknowledgement : 28 JAN

Bio metric Invi : 25 Feb (Went for biometric on 27 FEB but the bar code on the invitation was not readable)

Biometric Submitted : 6 March (Birmingham Identity and Passport Service )

BRP Received : 24 May (Dated 22 MAY)

Documents : awaiting delivery

Good luck everyone.

Just hang in there guys..
@ AJuyal, Good luck with your job search dude. Thanks a lot for the update.

ummer2000

Post by ummer2000 » Thu May 24, 2012 2:57 pm

walkowitz wrote:
ummer2000 wrote:Nothing yet from Dx side. Any one can tell me how can i trke my documents as I posted the back envelope to UKBA.
Royal Mail tracking as I also did the same and check everyday but no update .

This UKBA employees are too lazy .
Mate when i track them my status is same from three months that your application is reached the delivery office and out for delivery. I thought may be for return envelope , will be different number.
Please could tell can we trace both with the same number?

eee001
Newly Registered

Post by eee001 » Thu May 24, 2012 3:39 pm

fb group for people following this thread, otherwise waiting for their PSWs for off topic talk..
http://on.fb.me/KBR1tp

sameer_mqj
Newly Registered

psw enquiry

Post by sameer_mqj » Thu May 24, 2012 3:47 pm

i gave my biometrics on the 10th april for letter dated 1st of april its been 6 six weeks,called ukba today but no luck,
and whn i asked her about the processing time on ukba website she replied they are not aware of the fact that their site hasnt been updated and she said she will escalate the issue,just ridiculous