ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success/Croydon PEO - 22nd May 2012

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ragav100
Newly Registered

ILR Success/Croydon PEO - 22nd May 2012

Post by ragav100 » Tue May 22, 2012 3:22 pm

ILR via Tier 1 General Category (HSMP on June 2007)
===================================

I got the appointment @ 8:00am in Croydon PEO for applying my ILR.

I have produced my appointment letter to the security guard and i was allowed into the waiting area at the same time. After security checks are done waited for a minute before reaching a counter in the ground floor. In the ground floor the lady in the counter looks like to have checked the payment details in the application & passport's + provided a token number and asked to me go and pay the application fee in the counter located in the first floor.

There wasn't a big queue for payments. I was able to pay and started waiting my token number to be called around 8:20am onwards in the first floor. After a short wait I have been called and the lady in the counter checked the application, made few entries and asked to provide the biometrics. she informed a case worker will be looking my application after biometrics is done. The waiting time for biometrics is not even 10 seconds. we were called to biometrics around 8:45 and we have completed our biometrics by 9:00am

After a short wait, my token number is again called and the lady in the counter asked me to go to the second floor. I have reached floor and been asked to provide the following documents

1) application
2) payslips for points requirements
3) bank statements showing salary credits
4) Employer letters
5) last 5 year p60's
6) cohabitation documents

+ copy's of all the documents above

I have provided the documents and I have been told to wait for 45 minutes to process the application. The time at this stage was around 9:30am.

Coffee and snacks are available in the second floor, its was a short wait and my token number was called close to 10:00am and I got the approval letter and all the originals back.

my experience with all the staff in the croydon was excellent. There is no time wasted anywhere. By the time i got out of the Lunar house and noticed its still 10:00am .. all done in 2 hours..

Background: i applied with my wife and my case is straight forward. I have worked with 2 employers and current employer is a third. I have worked paid tax all over my last 5 years and less than 90 days out of UK and no other issues.

I thanks this forum/members for all their valuable information/ support.

Thanks
Ragav

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue May 22, 2012 3:25 pm

Congrats ragav100 and thanks for sharing your success story !

GG2011

Post by GG2011 » Tue May 22, 2012 3:32 pm

Congratulations ragav100!
Thank you for posting, it's a huge releif to hear that there were no IT issues in Croydon today.

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Tue May 22, 2012 4:45 pm

congrats Ragav

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue May 22, 2012 8:08 pm

Congrats ragav100 and thank you for sharing your experience at Croydon PEO!

I think there is a general trend when it comes to Croydon PEO appointments & avoiding IT issues, the earlier in the morning your appointment is, the better!

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Tue May 22, 2012 8:12 pm

That's so true, earlier the better, and I think that goes with any peo...

psb

Post by psb » Tue May 22, 2012 8:51 pm

Maybe afternoon appointments were not processed as fast as this one.

I wonder if there were any IT problems like yesterday afternoon.

sameergk
Newly Registered

Why P60s?

Post by sameergk » Tue May 22, 2012 8:57 pm

Hi Ragav,
Congrats! That's quite heartening as I have an appointment on the 25th, especially after the biometric issues many have faced yesterday.

One thing I don't understand is why P60s for all 5 years are being asked. This is not a mandatory requirement for Tier1 points scoring as per the guidelines. I cant find my P60 for the first year and am a bit concerned by this news!

Regards
Sameer

ragav100
Newly Registered

Re: Why P60s?

Post by ragav100 » Wed May 23, 2012 10:41 pm

sameergk wrote:Hi Ragav,
Congrats! That's quite heartening as I have an appointment on the 25th, especially after the biometric issues many have faced yesterday.

One thing I don't understand is why P60s for all 5 years are being asked. This is not a mandatory requirement for Tier1 points scoring as per the guidelines. I cant find my P60 for the first year and am a bit concerned by this news!

Regards
Sameer
I believe you can order the tax history from home office if you miss any of the p60. senior members can advice further but it will be too late though.

sameergk
Newly Registered

Post by sameergk » Thu May 24, 2012 10:23 am

Agreed, in hindsight I should have done that. But my appointment is tomorrow so le's see! Am planning to carry my payslips for the first year so that hopefully should be accepted

zishi

Post by zishi » Thu May 24, 2012 5:08 pm

I had my appointment yesterday and was not asked for P60s. Only last 12 month payslips and bank statements.

I would suggest that if you are asked for P60s, make sure you say that you have payslips for that period as you have lost P60s. I don't think it should be a problem as both are from the same source.

Best of Luck for tomorrow.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Why P60s?

Post by cs95tdg » Thu May 24, 2012 7:33 pm

ragav100 wrote:
sameergk wrote:Hi Ragav,

Regards
Sameer
I believe you can order the tax history from home office if you miss any of the p60. senior members can advice further but it will be too late though.
You can, but not from the home office. You can request this from the HMRC, which is presumably what you mean't to say here.