ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (PSW) processing times

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pswbee
Newly Registered

Post by pswbee » Thu May 24, 2012 3:51 pm

i emailed dx today and they said there is no mail for me :(

walkowitz

Post by walkowitz » Thu May 24, 2012 3:54 pm

ummer2000 wrote:
walkowitz wrote:
ummer2000 wrote:Nothing yet from Dx side. Any one can tell me how can i trke my documents as I posted the back envelope to UKBA.
Royal Mail tracking as I also did the same and check everyday but no update .

This UKBA employees are too lazy .
Mate when i track them my status is same from three months that your application is reached the delivery office and out for delivery. I thought may be for return envelope , will be different number.
Please could tell can we trace both with the same number?
No for sending is different tracking number and for receiving is different. When you have sent the envelope with your documents did you attached first class delivery stamp in your enclosed envelope. I did attached so I have the tracking number for both receiving and sending so I track with that tracking number everyday. But same no update. feel lie kicking this UKBA ppls.

ummer2000

Post by ummer2000 » Thu May 24, 2012 4:10 pm

walkowitz wrote:
ummer2000 wrote:
walkowitz wrote:
ummer2000 wrote:Nothing yet from Dx side. Any one can tell me how can i trke my documents as I posted the back envelope to UKBA.
Royal Mail tracking as I also did the same and check everyday but no update .

This UKBA employees are too lazy .
Mate when i track them my status is same from three months that your application is reached the delivery office and out for delivery. I thought may be for return envelope , will be different number.
Please could tell can we trace both with the same number?
No for sending is different tracking number and for receiving is different. When you have sent the envelope with your documents did you attached first class delivery stamp in your enclosed envelope. I did attached so I have the tracking number for both receiving and sending so I track with that tracking number everyday. But same no update. feel lie kicking this UKBA ppls.
Thanks mate, I am not sure I will check it by receipt.

manex

Post by manex » Thu May 24, 2012 4:22 pm

kartik_r wrote:
manex wrote:
kartik_r wrote:
easydoesit wrote:

THIS IS UNCONFIRMED NEWS PEOPLE

My friend's girlfriend works in the British embassy in India and she has told him that UKBA aims to clear all the PSW backlog within 4 weeks as they want to concentrate on the huge rush expected for Olympics and Para olympics visitors and then immediately the student applications start. I know some people are suggesting that they are putting PSW application in the backlog to concentrate on Olympics if that was the case then people who applied between March 20 and April 5 and gave Biometric between April to May will have to wait at least 6 more months which seems highly unlikely.

I think they are already upto people who gave their Biometrics around 22 march and most likely have only 40 to 50 days of backlog if you calculate that PSW closed on April 5 and I don't know anyone who has given their Biometrics after first week of May and the Olympics are only less than 3 months away.

I might be wrong people but seems a good news so I thought I ll share it.

If anyone does not agree please give your opinion.

dude, you have to under stand that they received around 90,000 + applications as per my understanding ( form my uni visa team)... more applications have flown in to them from May 20 to Apr 5...

i agree the point that they've done till Mar 22, few people that i know off who have given bio by mar 20-22 havent heard from them yet. However, majority of ppl on similar time got it.. So we'll go with it and pridict now..

Majority of people who applied in Mar 20 - apr 5, will/ would have got bio metric by apr and may...

at thier current pace, from Mar 22nd till apr 30 bio metric given people would be roughly around 50,000... they are taking 1 month for ( 5 consequent bio metric.. for ex.. Mar 22 to Mar 29 /30)...

Now calculate how much time will it take for them to meet people requirements who have given bio in apr and then think about people who have given in may..

I hope you can understand as what i am trying to explain..
I am not sure whether anyone who applied between end of March and April have got their biometrics letter at all ? If anyone has please update.
Actually, bio metric should be generated within 28 days from the date of application.. 28th working day is extreme.. but they have taken applicants for granted this year.. they send bio metric after 2 months and 2 1/2 months for different application stating the reaon each application is different..

Having said that, i have seen lot of people in this forum who had a luck to receive bio metric in 28 to 40 days from the date of application..

lets say.. from feb 2nd week to mar 1st week people who have got bio metric by Mar and people who have applied by €mar 16- Mar 30 would have got their bio metric by apr 2nd to last week and they all have done bio metric then and there and their files will be up in the work queue, waiting for a case worker to be allocated) system although they applied after ppl like me , beacuse the ukba go as per bi metric date and not date of application..

did you get my point dude
Yes I see what you mean but for people who applied after 30th March like my self (i.e:first week of April), biometrics letters have not been sent out. It's nearly two months now since application. By the way where does it say that the biometric letter should be generated within 28 days anyway ? Please let me know because it's a good point if that's the case.

kartik_r
BANNED

Post by kartik_r » Thu May 24, 2012 4:30 pm

manex wrote:
kartik_r wrote:
manex wrote:
kartik_r wrote:

dude, you have to under stand that they received around 90,000 + applications as per my understanding ( form my uni visa team)... more applications have flown in to them from May 20 to Apr 5...

i agree the point that they've done till Mar 22, few people that i know off who have given bio by mar 20-22 havent heard from them yet. However, majority of ppl on similar time got it.. So we'll go with it and pridict now..

Majority of people who applied in Mar 20 - apr 5, will/ would have got bio metric by apr and may...

at thier current pace, from Mar 22nd till apr 30 bio metric given people would be roughly around 50,000... they are taking 1 month for ( 5 consequent bio metric.. for ex.. Mar 22 to Mar 29 /30)...

Now calculate how much time will it take for them to meet people requirements who have given bio in apr and then think about people who have given in may..

I hope you can understand as what i am trying to explain..
I am not sure whether anyone who applied between end of March and April have got their biometrics letter at all ? If anyone has please update.
Actually, bio metric should be generated within 28 days from the date of application.. 28th working day is extreme.. but they have taken applicants for granted this year.. they send bio metric after 2 months and 2 1/2 months for different application stating the reaon each application is different..

Having said that, i have seen lot of people in this forum who had a luck to receive bio metric in 28 to 40 days from the date of application..

lets say.. from feb 2nd week to mar 1st week people who have got bio metric by Mar and people who have applied by €mar 16- Mar 30 would have got their bio metric by apr 2nd to last week and they all have done bio metric then and there and their files will be up in the work queue, waiting for a case worker to be allocated) system although they applied after ppl like me , beacuse the ukba go as per bi metric date and not date of application..

Yes I see what you mean but for people who applied after 30th March like my self (i.e:first week of April), biometrics letters have not been sent out. It's nearly two months now since application. By the way where does it say that the biometric letter should be generated within 28 days anyway ? Please let me know because it's a good point if that's the case.
When i rang up UKBA '08' number and press option 4 (for bio metric enrolment enquires)... if you get through to a call centre agent ukba representative (customer services), she said once the payment is received by us within 28 days normally bio metric letter will be despatched. If its not despatched, you can call once 28 days is over and register a case with your name, nationality and d.o.b or application ref number (from ukba acknowledgment letter) ... They will provide a case look up or ref number and give you a time limit of 10 working days and you should receive it by then..

She will put your case complaint or immediate action request to concern department to generate a bio letter for you and sent it to you in post..

It is definetely come through in 10 days though!! if not, then call up after 10 working days and give complaint number and ask as why its not sent yet.. you have a evidence and they will respond.. but normally once a case is regisered for bio metric enrolment invitation enquiry, you case will the thrown light upon and you'll not be missed...

got it, hope i am able to clear you on this !!

all the best

manex

Post by manex » Thu May 24, 2012 4:32 pm

Tier 4 wrote:
manex wrote:
Nah mate we are not even exist in there system yet ....

Applied 2nd April
got acknowledgement 30 April
and this is it

might get biom letter after Olympic
Yeah true when I called them yesterday that's what they told! I later found out this is because our applications are still on the way from Durham (where payment collection is done) to Sheffield (where the case worker team is based). Would have imagined it was faster than this even if someone walked from Durhum to Sheffield with our applications :lol:

I applied 4th april and got ack letter 12 May dated 4th May. That's all.

manex

Post by manex » Thu May 24, 2012 4:42 pm

kartik_r wrote:
manex wrote:
kartik_r wrote:
manex wrote:

When i rang up UKBA '08' number and press option 4 (for bio metric enrolment enquires)... if you get through to a call centre agent ukba representative (customer services), she said once the payment is received by us within 28 days normally bio metric letter will be despatched. If its not despatched, you can call once 28 days is over and register a case with your name, nationality and d.o.b or application ref number (from ukba acknowledgment letter) ... They will provide a case look up or ref number and give you a time limit of 10 working days and you should receive it by then..

She will put your case complaint or immediate action request to concern department to generate a bio letter for you and sent it to you in post..

It is definetely come through in 10 days though!! if not, then call up after 10 working days and give complaint number and ask as why its not sent yet.. you have a evidence and they will respond.. but normally once a case is regisered for bio metric enrolment invitation enquiry, you case will the thrown light upon and you'll not be missed...

all the best
Yes thanks. When I tried doing this yesterday they said that that cannot even find our application reference on the system that they have access to and said some people have been affected by this issue and this issue is raised at a senior level within the UKBA :lol: .So I was just asked to wait and she said that she cannot raise a query to send out my biometrics letter without been able to find my reference number on their system.

kartik_r
BANNED

Post by kartik_r » Thu May 24, 2012 5:05 pm

manex wrote:
kartik_r wrote:
manex wrote:
kartik_r wrote:

all the best
Yes thanks. When I tried doing this yesterday they said that that cannot even find our application reference on the system that they have access to and said some people have been affected by this issue and this issue is raised at a senior level within the UKBA :lol: .So I was just asked to wait and she said that she cannot raise a query to send out my biometrics letter without been able to find my reference number on their system.
If you delay further, you'll have the pain like us who're waiting for more than 4 months ( bio delivery late reason)...

do not wait, they will tell you to wait because they have been paid to reject or delay visas ...

call up again, tell them if the application ref no is not shown in the system.. try with your name, date of birth and nationality and rasie the request for bio metric invite..

remember, application will be considered to have a place in the work queue as per bio metric registered date ( post office), no matter when you apply, if you applied before 10 months and you got bio metric letter just in .. your application will be queued in the work queue after all the people who applied in the past 10 months before you.. its un fair though.. but they're f*ucking lazy pigs..

the maximum time they can take to process a application is 16 weeks from bio metric registered date.. if you dont get the visa , then you can chase up only after this time frame..

also, if you complain now for the latter it will take 10 working days to get it despatched to your address.

then, its upto you..

htc_123
Pakistan

Post by htc_123 » Thu May 24, 2012 6:27 pm

If you delay further, you'll have the pain like us who're waiting for more than 4 months ( bio delivery late reason)...

do not wait, they will tell you to wait because they have been paid to reject or delay visas ...

call up again, tell them if the application ref no is not shown in the system.. try with your name, date of birth and nationality and rasie the request for bio metric invite..

remember, application will be considered to have a place in the work queue as per bio metric registered date ( post office), no matter when you apply, if you applied before 10 months and you got bio metric letter just in .. your application will be queued in the work queue after all the people who applied in the past 10 months before you.. its un fair though.. but they're f*ucking lazy pigs..

the maximum time they can take to process a application is 16 weeks from bio metric registered date.. if you dont get the visa , then you can chase up only after this time frame..

also, if you complain now for the latter it will take 10 working days to get it despatched to your address.

then, its upto you..
A biometric letter cannot be raised without a case Ref number, if you call and they don't have a ref number for your case they cannot send an invite. Quoting a date of birth/address would normally lead to a Ref number for that person, if there is no Ref no, there is no way to raise a letter.

The maximum time realistically when you can actually chase up applications is 6 months not 16 weeks before that they won't say anything on the phone apart from the usual script.

Waiting times have increased dramatically from March onwards, the only thing to do in most cases is to wait patiently, I know it's hard but trust me I've been there.

manex

Post by manex » Thu May 24, 2012 6:27 pm

kartik_r wrote:
manex wrote:
kartik_r wrote:
manex wrote:

all the best

then, its upto you..[/quote]

Great thanks again. I didn't realise they could look up on the system by other means which make sense. I will try again tomorrow. I see your point. The people who answer the calls are such mule holes and they treat us like there are offering us a free service and as we are illegal immigrants! They know they are dealing with non UK residents so it's o.k for them to be unhelpful :evil:

htc_123
Pakistan

Post by htc_123 » Thu May 24, 2012 6:29 pm

Great thanks again. I didn't realise they could look up on the system by other means which make sense. I will try again tomorrow. I see your point. The people who answer the calls are such mule holes and they treat us like there are offering us a free service and as we are illegal immigrants! They know they are dealing with non UK residents so it's o.k for them to be unhelpful :evil:
Please stop quoting the whole conversation !

A biometric letter cannot be raised without a case Ref number, if you call and they don't have a ref number for your case they cannot send an invite. Quoting a date of birth/address would normally lead to a Ref number for that person, if there is no Ref no, there is no way to raise a letter.

The maximum time realistically when you can actually chase up applications is 6 months not 16 weeks before that they won't say anything on the phone apart from the usual script.

Waiting times have increased dramatically from March onwards, the only thing to do in most cases is to wait patiently, I know it's hard but trust me I've been there.

manex

Post by manex » Thu May 24, 2012 6:35 pm

htc_123 wrote:

then, its upto you..

Oh O.k but I will give it a try again and see what happens. It's likely to be negative as always but at least I have tried then.

kapil2500
Newly Registered

Post by kapil2500 » Thu May 24, 2012 6:47 pm

guys i was just wondering as to which is the actual reference no.

is it the one on the biometric letter or the one one the acknowledgement letter. because both of them have reference no.
the one on biometric says "case reference no" and the one on acknowledgement letter says "our reference no."

thanks in advance

kumarpsw

Post by kumarpsw » Thu May 24, 2012 7:36 pm

as usual there is no update for today

Redempless

Post by Redempless » Thu May 24, 2012 7:48 pm

Listen guys we r only 30 to 40 people on this forum, bear in mind that there's many out there waiting for their docs and visa and they not on this forum , so possibly you Dont know abt them , there might be a chance that the people not on this forum getting their visa! . so u cant assume or make ur mind only listening to people on this forum only. have patience and hope for the best.....WATCH THIS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY3iizrAgEE

kartik_r
BANNED

Post by kartik_r » Thu May 24, 2012 7:55 pm

manex wrote:
htc_123 wrote:

then, its upto you..

Oh O.k but I will give it a try again and see what happens. It's likely to be negative as always but at least I have tried then.
if you get to 6 months stage from your date of application and call them to chase up they'll say you have to wait a minimum of 16 weeks from the date of bio metric registered ( they have told to few ppl) and if you call them lets say.. after 3 months from date of application ( after your bio metric enrolment), they will ask for your date of application and tell you to wait 6 months from date of application ( as heared from their voice message during call hold)...

kumarpsw

Post by kumarpsw » Thu May 24, 2012 8:19 pm

do any of the guys know how to get the documents back. How many days it will take?

walkowitz

Post by walkowitz » Thu May 24, 2012 8:27 pm

kumarpsw wrote:do any of the guys know how to get the documents back. How many days it will take?
One of my friend got today he called UKBA before 1 week and he got today.

kumarpsw

Post by kumarpsw » Thu May 24, 2012 8:30 pm

can u ask him and tell what is the procedure

walkowitz

Post by walkowitz » Thu May 24, 2012 8:34 pm

kumarpsw wrote:can u ask him and tell what is the procedure
Its same bro Request the document , but your Visa will be Rejected than. You just need to call UKBA and ask them to send documents back.

Tihod

Post by Tihod » Thu May 24, 2012 8:40 pm

walkowitz wrote:
kumarpsw wrote:can u ask him and tell what is the procedure
Its same bro Request the document , but your Visa will be Rejected than. You just need to call UKBA and ask them to send documents back.

Guys it seems as if application will take few longer for all. 23 march ones still waiting I think still they dealing with 21-22 march ones only and very slowly.

kumarpsw

Post by kumarpsw » Thu May 24, 2012 8:41 pm

ya its true

kartik_r
BANNED

Post by kartik_r » Thu May 24, 2012 8:43 pm

walkowitz wrote:
kumarpsw wrote:do any of the guys know how to get the documents back. How many days it will take?
@ walkowitz - How come ? I don't believe this. When you call up home office you'll get a automated voice response that if you apply for 'return of docs' you'll receive it no less than 20 working days ( which is nearly a month, before it use to be 10 working days (which is 2 weeks in total).

All time frames have been increased significantly due to various reasons discussed within this forum.

On taking your words, if they send it back within a week, may be they're waiting for lot of people to pull out by themselves ( May be them hold for further more months, if they know ppl have started to pull out and set up a special team to search and issue docs for whom 'return of docs' request is placed..

There're (UKba) so cheaky and they think Indians are cheaky. The were cheaky to come to India as 'traders' (East india company) and capitalized on Hindu Muslim dis unity and captured india and similarly the whole world through other reasons respectively (in short).

They took all the wealth and minerals (a better word... Stole the resources) from the whole world and developed english military power and country during late 1800's (turn back to our history books) and country has become super power as result and the GBP went up in terms of other currency rates.

I still remmebr the day in early 1900's 12 INR on comparing to 1 GBP and i cant forget those days.

Who's cheeky UK border agency or Indians.. ?

walkowitz

Post by walkowitz » Thu May 24, 2012 8:51 pm

kartik_r wrote:
walkowitz wrote:
@ walkowitz - How come ? I don't believe this. When you call up home office you'll get a automated voice response that if you apply for 'return of docs' you'll receive it no less than 20 working days ( which is nearly a month, before it use to be 10 working days (which is 2 weeks in total).

All time frames have been increased significantly due to various reasons discussed within this forum.

On taking your words, if they send it back within a week, may be they're waiting for lot of people to pull out by themselves ( May be them hold for further more months, if they know ppl have started to pull out and set up a special team to search and issue docs for whom 'return of docs' request is placed..

There're (UKba) so cheaky and they think Indians are cheaky. The were cheaky to come to India as 'traders' (East india company) and capitalized on Hindu Muslim dis unity and captured india and similarly the whole world through other reasons respectively (in short).

They took all the wealth and minerals (a better word... Stole the resources) from the whole world and developed english military power and country during late 1800's (turn back to our history books) and country has become super power as result and the GBP went up in terms of other currency rates.

I still remmebr the day in early 1900's 12 INR on comparing to 1 GBP and i cant forget those days.

Who's cheeky UK border agency or Indians.. ?
God knows Bro what is happening I am fed up and too frustrated I am also planning to get my docs but my education loan is pulling me back.

Fustratedapplicant
Newly Registered

Post by Fustratedapplicant » Thu May 24, 2012 8:57 pm

Recieved docs 2day :D