ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A very strange case of HSMP dependent!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ashekt

A very strange case of HSMP dependent!!

Post by Ashekt » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:54 pm

I have come across a very strange situation and seek help from the members of this forum.

A friend of mine came here arnd 6 months back after getting married to an HSMP holder. She got the dependent HSMP Visa and was also working before a tragedy struck her. Her husband took her back in Oct and left her with his parents who then left her with her parents. The visa of her husband and herself was about to expire in Nov end and her husband has now filed an extension for himself deliberately not including his wife in the application. Finding situation fishy, she came to UK and was ill treated by her husband who even refused to let her stay with him. She had no place to go and then she decided to approach police. She filed a case of domestic violence against her husband but they demanded proof from her which she was unable to give as but he was not willing to keep her at all. Fortunately she managed to find some known people here and is staying with them who have also made her file a case with HO for her visa extension with the help of solicitors on the grounds of domestic violence.

My question is that have somebody came across any such situation and also if somebody can provide ant advice/ further action steps. She is all alone here but is determined to fight her case out. She has tried to revive her relationship many a times but all in vain. She has also called up home office and explained her situation and provided her husband's passport no. to stop his extension application from getting processed.

Please help!!!

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:20 am

Guys!!

Still not heard any comments on this!! I know it's a different case not directly related to HSMP but as she is on the dependent HSMP visa, I have posed this question here....

Any suggestions/ comments will be much appreciated....

Junior0300

With all respect

Post by Junior0300 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:26 am

I think she should return back to her home country rather than messing with her husband.

The way you have presented this here in this forum, I have all my sympathies for the HUSBAND.

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:47 am

Now that's an orthodox reply....and something which is so discouraging...

I have no clues as to y u sympathize with the real culprit 'HUSBAND' as that girl is going through all the misery...he had no reasons to dump her but still he did...and mind u he is one among us...HSMP community!!

So don't just write anything for the sake of writing...i need help and suggestions and not discouraging words like your's!!

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:21 pm

So what does she what to achieve ? What are her plans ? Is she ready to go back to him if he agree's in future ?

You said she is working , which industry is she working in ? Can she live independantly ? Do they have kids ?

Without knowing all these things no one can suggest.

My first question would be why would he leave if there is no problem with her ?

There should be something wrong on both sides . If she gets a extension , does she want to live in this country on her own ?

simar

Post by simar » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:42 pm

Ashekt,
Marriage is two way relationship. If her husband do not want to live with her. Why she is banging into him. AFterall , she did got hsmp dependdent visa with both having intention to live together. Now what happen between two after living gether for some time in UK is something that only both can comment or solve. Or At most both's parents can get into it & try solve.
Reporting ill treatment to police when her husband just do not want to live with her is simply not going to help.

lanr3e

Post by lanr3e » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:46 pm

In as much as I sympathise with your friend, I doubt if anything can be done for her. She's a dependant of the HSMP holder, if the holder refuses to include her details for extension, I don't think anyone can do anything about it.
Her best bet is to try and talk to him and re-establish their relationship. And except if the guy has lost his mind, I don't think any sensible person would want to dump his wife in another land without good reason. Was your friend invloved in anything that could amount to infidelity? Or maybe he heard something that suggests that....but whatever the case, their relationship needs to be restored for her to remain in this country. That's how I see it.

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:03 pm

Thanks to all of u to reply to my query and I agree to each and every word you have said here....

Frankly speaking, I myself don't have a complete idea as to what happened between them or what went wrong...I just happen to meet her through some common known people...I am not at all defending her as I have not heard the other side of the story....she have tried calling her husband as well and she wants to patch up but now her husband has also filed a plea with the police saying she is harassing her and now she is restricted/ warned by the police to contact him or go near to him....even I am unable to understand what has terribly gone wrong in this 7 months of marriage...she joined ACCA after coming here and she is giving her exams these days...she is a semi-qualified Chartered Accountant and was working as an accountant with some firm...what I know is that she don't want to go back without sorting this matter....she is willing to stay here and has also sent his application to HO for extension through a solicitor on the grounds of domestic violence....if she goes back, she will loose him completely....I don't know who is guilty but if I just sympathize with this girl and really don't know what will happen to her...the marriage is also not governed by the law in UK as it has happened outside UK....

It's never easy for a girl to just walk out of a relationship/ marriage that easily....

Boom05

Post by Boom05 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:35 pm

Unfortunately, your friend is a dependant of HSMP holder. Her visa was issued on the ground of subsisting relationship with her husband. She can only renew it at his instance (along with his renewal). I cant see how a claim of domestic violence will help her case for renewal . In a case for divorce - YES, to renew HSMP independently. Im afraid NO.
Its easy to follow the crowd, it takes courage to stand alone !

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:11 pm

why is she so desperate to stay in UK?

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:12 am

Thanks for your comment Boom05.

The recent update is that she has got a letter from HO stating that she can be in UK legally with the same rights as on the earlier visa till the time her case is decided...don't know how long will it take for HO to decide her case...her husband has already filed an extension application without including her....

As she has joined ACCA, she wants to give her exams and complete it....going back quitely is no solution and she wants to stay here and fight out her case for justice....all I can say is she has the courage to take all this but don't know if she can really fight this battle all alone....