ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tnt4ever
- thin ice -

Post by tnt4ever » Thu May 24, 2012 4:44 pm

@ every1

RULE NUMBER 1, you applied, you need visa
RULE NUMBER 2, you cant do anything until unless they called you up
RULE NUMBER 3, this is useless to shout in here, go out side and breath if you dont have patience to bare this wait which will be worth waiting.

if the system is culprit, they were u sleeping before applying...?

i never meant to hurt or offend any 1, but i am also like those people who are waiting in the line with 60 plus working days bench mark, i was also told by some one it may take up to 3 weeks, but that story was old, the guy was right, the process took place somewhere in between last year was the same, Moderator is deleting again and again , he is also pissed off with useless posts and comments, i also been in that line too but the last resort i find for my self is to wait and pray to ALLAH, my case is genuine and we need a positive result for this, and obviously we will wait and waiting....

this forum is to free people from stress rather then throwing them in a dark room with negative thoughts, every story is repeated somewhere, so do not plot another story...

for those who had already applied( either new or feb applicants, please bare it, you cant do anything now, the ball is now in the other court.

better to recite and wait, and keep that within your own self, advising someone is not bad, do the help which is appreciated in every corner.

JAZAK ALLAH

mirpur wrote:i think before people get frustrated about why some people choose to get married abroad - its there choice.

im british and feel like a true englishman! but ended up getting married in pakistan as when i went there, i found the girl of my dreams. and if someone chooses to get married in pakistan, its their choice. but the point is the way things are run at the BHC is not right.

when i got the paperwork rolling, they told me WITHIN month i would get a decision. then when my wife handed the paperwork in, they specifically told her WITHIN 60 working days she will find out. now of course on the small print it says up to 90 business days but if there are delays on a mass scale like we are seeing now, the fact we are paying extortionate fees surely should mean at the very least we get some regular updates.

how are we supposed to get on with our lives just waiting for that one stupid phone call. fact is that BHS is very poorly run.
App Date: 21st Feb 2012
Forward to Embassy 5th March 2012
under process at BHC Islamabad
94 Days ....
Visa Granted ALHAMDULILLAH 3rd July 2012

Total Working Days 92 ( Excluding holidays etc)

mirpur
- thin ice -

Post by mirpur » Thu May 24, 2012 4:53 pm

tnt4ever

i think what is important is we have flagged up here is how poorly the BHC is run. now for anyone new who is applying or has just applied, they wont go through the same rubbish we have had to go through. they will know there is no 'within 60 days', they will receive no response should they esquire about it either.

everyone who i knew that had applied in the past got quick decisions one way or another. if i can give anyone advice on here who i looking to apply, my advice is -

do not look at time scales as they are unlikely to be correct
do not look at past application times as it means very little
do not bother emailing them as you will not get a worthy response
just send your application in and wait. try to keep the next 8-9 months clear in your life just in case the visa is rejected and you have to do a long appeal.
save up some money for the appeal as people are not getting their visas on the smallest details so its better to have some money put aside for that.

i do not wish to sound harsh or negative but this is the reality of the situation we find ourselves in.

sazkhan

Post by sazkhan » Thu May 24, 2012 5:02 pm

Mush2012 wrote:
sazkhan wrote:I need help in this question 'Is your sponsor responsible for supporting anyone financially including any children listed above?' We don't have any children so the answer should be no? right? The consultant helping me with my form confused me.
AOA Sazkhan,

this is if sponsor has any other financial dependents ie children from prev marriage, ex-wife or elderly relatives etc.

As you stated you have no-one else you support financially then your response would NO/NONE.

Allah hafiz

som1984

Post by som1984 » Thu May 24, 2012 6:48 pm

my wife got her ielts results back. she got 4.0 in listening and speaking. 5 in writing and 3 in reading. her overall was 4.0. is this good enough for the case

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Thu May 24, 2012 7:01 pm

som1984 wrote:my wife got her ielts results back. she got 4.0 in listening and speaking. 5 in writing and 3 in reading. her overall was 4.0. is this good enough for the case
FOR IELTS REQUIRMENT B1 REQUIRED

Listening – 4.0
Speaking – 4.0
Reading – 4.0
Writing – 4.0

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -tests.pdf
After taking Advice; remember Everyone's application, and thus supporting documents, will be different depending on personal circumstances.

som1984

Post by som1984 » Thu May 24, 2012 7:05 pm

Gregarious wrote:
som1984 wrote:my wife got her ielts results back. she got 4.0 in listening and speaking. 5 in writing and 3 in reading. her overall was 4.0. is this good enough for the case
FOR IELTS REQUIRMENT B1 REQUIRED

Listening – 4.0
Speaking – 4.0
Reading – 4.0
Writing – 4.0

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -tests.pdf
is jt not just speaking and listening they ask for

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Thu May 24, 2012 7:17 pm

Overall band B1 required
After taking Advice; remember Everyone's application, and thus supporting documents, will be different depending on personal circumstances.

HaroonAli
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by HaroonAli » Thu May 24, 2012 7:37 pm

Hello there.

My Wife got Overall Band 4.5 in her IELTS TEST.

Below is her grading but however according to UKBA they look for Listening & Speaking so not to worry but make sure Overall is over 4.0

My wife got the below.

Listening: 5.0
Reading: 3.0
Writing 4.5
Speaking 4.5.

Please note this is A1 standard and there is a clause in there law which lawyer gave but you have to point that out to ECO and he should be able to confirm as A1 is the standard required. I am going to submit application with them results.

Have a good day

HaroonAli
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by HaroonAli » Thu May 24, 2012 7:39 pm

Please note Brother yes indeed Speaking & Listening should do but just highlight the rule in the Home Office Law and put that in with application as my lawyer had highlighted as the ECO officers are not aware of this as they do go by 4.0 in all brackets.

A1 equivalent is required and mainly you are correct speaking/listening.

Thanks

som1984

Post by som1984 » Thu May 24, 2012 9:23 pm

HaroonAli wrote:Please note Brother yes indeed Speaking & Listening should do but just highlight the rule in the Home Office Law and put that in with application as my lawyer had highlighted as the ECO officers are not aware of this as they do go by 4.0 in all brackets.

A1 equivalent is required and mainly you are correct speaking/listening.

Thanks
ok thanks i will amend my personal statement to incorporate the ukba requirement

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Thu May 24, 2012 9:37 pm

king2be98 wrote:
zully wrote:
But that doesnt mean my case will get processed or does it?
What i mean is will it get sent off to pakistan by next week........
Im so hoping that hubby makes it for baby...... i know it wont happen but no harm in trying i supposy
That's right they won't send it off until they've got the money, as soon as they get the money they'll send it off. H&M Courts are fairly quick so next week if not, then the following week definitely.

King2be thank you so much.On the jutice website.... it say that they have between 11 to 19 week for the ECO to get back me. can it be done before 11 weeks or is it between the 8 weeks from 11 to 19.
Im not really sure if anyone has had a quick response as i have put my personal circumstances.

Zully
application @ ISL 13/01/2012
returned 30/03/2012 Refused app
applied for appeal in uk 19/04/12
deadline given 05/11/2012
Court date: 10 jan 2013
call letter: 08/03/2013
visa stamped?

cfc578
Newly Registered

Post by cfc578 » Thu May 24, 2012 11:47 pm

mirpur wrote:tnt4ever

i think what is important is we have flagged up here is how poorly the BHC is run. now for anyone new who is applying or has just applied, they wont go through the same rubbish we have had to go through. they will know there is no 'within 60 days', they will receive no response should they esquire about it either.

everyone who i knew that had applied in the past got quick decisions one way or another. if i can give anyone advice on here who i looking to apply, my advice is -

do not look at time scales as they are unlikely to be correct
do not look at past application times as it means very little
do not bother emailing them as you will not get a worthy response
just send your application in and wait. try to keep the next 8-9 months clear in your life just in case the visa is rejected and you have to do a long appeal.
save up some money for the appeal as people are not getting their visas on the smallest details so its better to have some money put aside for that.

i do not wish to sound harsh or negative but this is the reality of the situation we find ourselves in.

Exactly the same thing I spoke about sum 15 days ago .

We need sumthing of a sticky on top of the page to remind us all what we don't need doing here. The whole thing with us South Asians is we take a piss out of any facility we get.

AND PLEASE AVOID SENDING THEM EMAILS before the stated time frame of any application. Will only make it late for those who have a serious query.

@Batley Its week 7 from my appeal (EEA FP) was allowed and absolutely no word from the home office. Who contacts who and is it going to take long now? Islamabad , Abu dhabi or Gerrys . Could you please explain what actually happens as in when I get the call where would my passport go and for how long?
since my wife has to go to out of England to Germany as her Grand Ma is very sick,her holidays booked for first week of June already. Would I need to apply again for sumthing when I get to England to travel with her or the EEA FP lets me travel in EU ?

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Fri May 25, 2012 8:20 am

zully wrote:On the jutice website.... it say that they have between 11 to 19 week for the ECO to get back me. can it be done before 11 weeks or is it between the 8 weeks from 11 to 19.
Im not really sure if anyone has had a quick response as i have put my personal circumstances.
It says between 11-19 weeks, but they almost always set a deadline which is 18/19 weeks. It is possible that they handle it before the 19 week mark, maybe in 11/12 weeks, however given that it will be going to Islamabad in your case, I wouldn't get my hopes up to high.

Most of the time they overturn, even for easy decisions around the 19 week mark or later. Some people are set a court hearing date and are getting ready to go to court when they discover their decisions have been overturned by the ECM.

So in truth prepare yourself for a 5/6 month wait from now till you get your VISA.

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Fri May 25, 2012 8:46 am

king2be98 wrote:
zully wrote:On the jutice website.... it say that they have between 11 to 19 week for the ECO to get back me. can it be done before 11 weeks or is it between the 8 weeks from 11 to 19.
It says between 11-19 weeks, but they almost always set a deadline which is 18/19 weeks. It is possible that they handle it before the 19 week mark, maybe in 11/12 weeks, however given that it will be going to Islamabad in your case, I wouldn't get my hopes up to high.

Most of the time they overturn, even for easy decisions around the 19 week mark or later. Some people are set a court hearing date and are getting ready to go to court when they discover their decisions have been overturned by the ECM.

So in truth prepare yourself for a 5/6 month wait from now till you get your VISA.

Thanks so much

Zully
visa stamped?

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Fri May 25, 2012 9:11 am

Hi guys,
How is it going
I've just been on the fone to AIT as I was expecting to have received a deadline for ECM by now. I've been told my appeal documents havnt evene been sent to islamabad embassy yet it could take another couple of wks as they have a huge backlog:s
When they'kve actually sent the documents to islamabad the deadline would be 19 weeks from that day:/
visa-grante:25.10.12

mas_sayed

Post by mas_sayed » Fri May 25, 2012 9:48 am

salams/ hey guys

my lawyer has asked my husband to write a testimonial as to why he wants to come here, has anybody written a testimonial?

if so could someone provide me with a sample?

thanks
submitted at Lahore Gerrys on 30/11/11
under process at BHC on 15/12/11
Passport ready for collection on 26/1/12

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Fri May 25, 2012 10:08 am

mas_sayed wrote:salams/ hey guys

my lawyer has asked my husband to write a testimonial as to why he wants to come here, has anybody written a testimonial?

thanks
Are you paying the lawyer?

If so, ask your lawyer, what are you paying him to do? The lawyer should surely be putting this stuff together? If you aren't paying him, then don't right a testimonial, just a simple covering letter is sufficient and do your own application/appeal.

Tell your lawyer to stop robbing people and to actually do the work they are paid to do. These lawyers charge so much money, give basic advice, advice which you can get yourself with a few hours of research and then don't do anything beyond that, they get you to produce the docs.
Last edited by king2be98 on Fri May 25, 2012 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

mirpur
- thin ice -

Re: Sticky

Post by mirpur » Fri May 25, 2012 10:19 am

[/quote]Exactly the same thing I spoke about sum 15 days ago .

We need sumthing of a sticky on top of the page to remind us all what we don't need doing here. The whole thing with us South Asians is we take a piss out of any facility we get.

AND PLEASE AVOID SENDING THEM EMAILS before the stated time frame of any application. Will only make it late for those who have a serious query.

@Batley Its week 7 from my appeal (EEA FP) was allowed and absolutely no word from the home office. Who contacts who and is it going to take long now? Islamabad , Abu dhabi or Gerrys . Could you please explain what actually happens as in when I get the call where would my passport go and for how long?
since my wife has to go to out of England to Germany as her Grand Ma is very sick,her holidays booked for first week of June already. Would I need to apply again for sumthing when I get to England to travel with her or the EEA FP lets me travel in EU ?[/quote]

i agree with you. maybe the mod on here should do a simply sticky that shows us the basic process and what to expect. would have saved me sooooo much time and hassle that i have gone through over the last few weeks!
Last edited by mirpur on Fri May 25, 2012 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri May 25, 2012 10:34 am

May be its a good idea to read this document. It will shed some highlights on procedures in Islamabad and how they should be improved

http://icinspector.independent.gov.uk/w ... mabad1.pdf

mas_sayed

Post by mas_sayed » Fri May 25, 2012 10:59 am

king2be98 wrote:
mas_sayed wrote:salams/ hey guys

thanks
Are you paying the lawyer?

If so, ask your lawyer, what are you paying him to do? The lawyer should surely be putting this stuff together? If you aren't paying him, then don't right a testimonial, just a simple covering letter is sufficient and do your own application/appeal.

Tell your lawyer to stop robbing people and to actually do the work they are paid to do. These lawyers charge so much money, give basic advice, advice which you can get yourself with a few hours of research and then don't do anything beyond that, they get you to produce the docs.
check your pm
submitted at Lahore Gerrys on 30/11/11
under process at BHC on 15/12/11
Passport ready for collection on 26/1/12

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Fri May 25, 2012 12:07 pm

syma wrote:Hi guys,
How is it going
I've just been on the fone to AIT as I was expecting to have received a deadline for ECM by now. I've been told my appeal documents havnt evene been sent to islamabad embassy yet it could take another couple of wks as they have a huge backlog:s
When they'kve actually sent the documents to islamabad the deadline would be 19 weeks from that day:/
I recieved a letter yesterday....my payment card was out of date as it changed end of months. They are running very behind,we have waited this long whats another couple of weeks i suppose. its a shame we have had to wait an extra month just for them to sort paperwork out. Isuppose by the end of the year this should all be resolved...

Zully
visa stamped?

*Y3NVY*

Post by *Y3NVY* » Fri May 25, 2012 1:22 pm

hubby got a call from the islamabad embassy yesterday..they wanted to know about his job as he is bound within a oath with the inteligence team in pakistan..he explained what his plans were and that because of his oath he'll have to take a not so high position at scotland yard if and when he gets his visa.they asked a few more general questions about us and then that was it...hubby asked how long it will be now as he was on his 52nd working day..the guy said that he should defo get a response by next week! which will be our 12th week anyway
Application Submitted:12/03/12
Under Process At BHC: 26/03/12

[Moderator edit: Forum language is English]

MrE2012

Post by MrE2012 » Fri May 25, 2012 1:44 pm

@*Y3NVY*

SO YOU FEEL MAYBE NEXT WEEK SOME PEOPLE IN THEIR 12TH WEEK WILL GET A RESPONSE?

DO YOU FEEL THIS CALL IS NEEDED TO GET SPEEDY RESPONSE?

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Fri May 25, 2012 2:56 pm

*Y3NVY* wrote:hubby got a call from the islamabad embassy yesterday..they wanted to know about his job as he is bound within a oath with the inteligence team in pakistan..he explained what his plans were and that because of his oath he'll have to take a not so high position at scotland yard if and when he gets his visa.they asked a few more general questions about us and then that was it...hubby asked how long it will be now as he was on his 52nd working day..the guy said that he should defo get a response by next week! which will be our 12th week anyway
Aleast this shows that Bhc are actually doing their job.due to the position he holds in pakistan maybe they wanted to make sure.

best of luck.....i hope next week comes quick for you

Zully
visa stamped?

*Y3NVY*

Post by *Y3NVY* » Fri May 25, 2012 3:12 pm

zully wrote:
*Y3NVY* wrote:hubby got a call from the islamabad embassy yesterday..they wanted to know about his job as he is bound within a oath with the inteligence team in pakistan..he explained what his plans were and that because of his oath he'll have to take a not so high position at scotland yard if and when he gets his visa.they asked a few more general questions about us and then that was it...hubby asked how long it will be now as he was on his 52nd working day..the guy said that he should defo get a response by next week! which will be our 12th week anyway
Aleast this shows that Bhc are actually doing their job.due to the position he holds in pakistan maybe they wanted to make sure.

best of luck.....i hope next week comes quick for you

Zully
thank you sis,
yeh they are doing there jobs, we just have to remain patient...
yeh hubby is in a tricky job,once you take an oath with ISI there really funny about letting there people go to other countries and working with other authorities just incase imformation gets passed on which shouldnt...so i think they just wanted to make sure that hubby knew what he was doing and all that...
inshallah not long now hopefully
Application Submitted:12/03/12
Under Process At BHC: 26/03/12

[Moderator edit: Forum language is English]