ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need guidance on whether to apply now or not?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

guruasis2012
Newly Registered

Need guidance on whether to apply now or not?

Post by guruasis2012 » Fri May 25, 2012 1:39 pm

I am contemplating to apply 4 months in advance of expiry of tier 1 but confused about something. I was granted Tier 1 general visa on 25th Oct' 09 but landed in UK 109 days later. Now that my visa is expiring on 25th Oct this year, if I apply a month early and lets say, get a date of extension of 2 years starting from expiry, my question is that will I still have to reapply for extension at the end of 2 years before I apply for ILR, since I came exactly 109 days after first issuance of my Tier 1. I that is the case then as I started, there would no problem in me applying 6 or more months earlier than the expiry date.
Thanking you in anticipation. :?

longshift
United Kingdom

Re: Need guidance on whether to apply now or not?

Post by longshift » Fri May 25, 2012 1:49 pm

guruasis2012 wrote:I am contemplating to apply 4 months in advance of expiry of tier 1 but confused about something. I was granted Tier 1 general visa on 25th Oct' 09 but landed in UK 109 days later. Now that my visa is expiring on 25th Oct this year, if I apply a month early and lets say, get a date of extension of 2 years starting from expiry, my question is that will I still have to reapply for extension at the end of 2 years before I apply for ILR, since I came exactly 109 days after first issuance of my Tier 1. I that is the case then as I started, there would no problem in me applying 6 or more months earlier than the expiry date.
You will have to go for second extension as you came late in UK and will fall short for your 5 year period. They do give grace of 90 days for late comers but yours is 109 days so I don't think you fall in that category.

So, you can apply for extension any time you want. As second extension will have to be made in future.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Fri May 25, 2012 1:50 pm

Read this:
Applications that fall short of the five year continuous period

In some cases, applicants may have been granted five years continuous leave, but due to delayed travel will not have spent five years continuously in the UK before their current leave expires. Caseworkers may count the period between entry clearance being granted and the date the applicant entered the UK towards the five years, provided this period was not longer than three months.
If you don't meet the quoted criteria, you need a second extension.
Give me more Karma (+)

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri May 25, 2012 3:29 pm

guruasis2012 wrote:I am contemplating to apply 4 months in advance of expiry of tier 1 but confused about something. I was granted Tier 1 general visa on 25th Oct' 09 but landed in UK 109 days later. Now that my visa is expiring on 25th Oct this year, if I apply a month early and lets say, get a date of extension of 2 years starting from expiry, my question is that will I still have to reapply for extension at the end of 2 years before I apply for ILR, since I came exactly 109 days after first issuance of my Tier 1. I that is the case then as I started, there would no problem in me applying 6 or more months earlier than the expiry date.
Looking at the UKBA rules as they are you will most probably need to go for a second extension for ILR due to your late entry (109 days). Just something to keep in mind though, when it comes to Tier 1 postal application extensions, the processing times have been rather lengthly in the recent past. This has resulted in some extensions being approved after the original visa expiry. If this were to happen the applicant would gain an extra few weeks because of the UKBA delay. Though this makes no difference in my case, it happened to me when I applied earlier this year.

pmholling
Newly Registered

Post by pmholling » Fri May 25, 2012 3:50 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
Looking at the UKBA rules as they are you will most probably need to go for a second extension for ILR due to your late entry (109 days). Just something to keep in mind though, when it comes to Tier 1 postal application extensions, the processing times have been rather lengthly in the recent past. This has resulted in some extensions being approved after the original visa expiry. If this were to happen the applicant would gain an extra few weeks because of the UKBA delay. Though this makes no difference in my case, it happened to me when I applied earlier this year.
This delay looks to be shortening significantly from here on. The payment delays are falling, with most payments now back to around or under 1 week. Still waiting to see what happens to biometrics and the actual application review. My guess is that applications posted today will typically be decided in less than 60 days.

WRS

Post by WRS » Fri May 25, 2012 4:14 pm

If anyone fancies a chance avoiding 2nd extension by gaining the time taken in postal applicantion, then he can do two things to introduce delay from his side:

1. Apply late by post! you can apply up until the last day of your current leave. And use the payment method as "bankers draft" for two reasons,
A. It takes longer to clear payment compared to debit/credit card payment method.
B. There is a risk of using debit/credit card (or even cheque) as a method of payment as there is a chance of them getting declined, and in this case application will become invalid and existing leave expired! (not a good situation to be in!)

2. Once the biometric letter is received, it advises to take biometrics within 15 working days. Stretch giving the biometrics to the length of 15 working days to gain around 3 weeks.

By above steps you can introduce the maximum delay from your side to gain extra time in your application! :)

guruasis2012
Newly Registered

THANKS

Post by guruasis2012 » Fri May 25, 2012 4:22 pm

Wow! Never thought this high response. You all souljas are brilliant and I am so so indebted for advice. Keep up the good work. God bless all of you. :) :) :) :D

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Fri May 25, 2012 4:25 pm

WRS wrote:If anyone fancies a chance avoiding 2nd extension by gaining the time taken in postal applicantion, then he can do two things to introduce delay from his side:

1. Apply late by post! you can apply up until the last day of your current leave. And use the payment method as "bankers draft" for two reasons,
A. It takes longer to clear payment compared to debit/credit card payment method.
B. There is a risk of using debit/credit card (or even cheque) as a method of payment as there is a chance of them getting declined, and in this case application will become invalid and existing leave expired! (not a good situation to be in!)

2. Once the biometric letter is received, it advises to take biometrics within 15 working days. Stretch giving the biometrics to the length of 15 working days to gain around 3 weeks.

By above steps you can introduce the maximum delay from your side to gain extra time in your application! :)
Please do not advise something stupid like this.

You can renew your visa on the last day of your leave to remain, but thats the most pathetic thing to do

WRS

Post by WRS » Fri May 25, 2012 4:32 pm

adityak77 wrote:
Please do not advise something stupid like this.

You can renew your visa on the last day of your leave to remain, but thats the most pathetic thing to do
Please mind your language. It may be "pathetic" for you but what is quoted is both legally and technically correct. If you have a technical/logical argument of an issue in it then quote here otherwise don't use abusive language on the forum.