ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Domestic violence and my EEA Spouse Visa Please HELP

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bijoux29
Newly Registered

Domestic violence and my EEA Spouse Visa Please HELP

Post by Bijoux29 » Fri May 18, 2012 4:18 pm

So here is my situation

I have posted here in the past about my situation. I met my French Husband in 2010 and we got married in 2011. After the festivities the nightmares got worse(I thought he will change). I was granted an EEA spouse visa last year in October. I then realise that he is a mythomane and a controle frick. Does not work when I spend the whole day at work. He is on benefit. I work part time and work as a language assistant and looking to become a language teacher. Until now the abuses were verbal, but two days ago it became physical and the police came and took him. He was given a simple caution and release. I personaly can not go back with him. But I know that he want so badly to hurt me(He tried to tear all my degrees and diplomas).
In the past he use to denied that he was abusif and I found myself recording everything. Fortunately for me I recorded the physical abused of yesterday.
My question now is, will my visa be revoqued if I leave him now? How long do I have to wait to file for a divorce.
This situation has affected me, I have interviews for my PGCE but I need to find a place to stay and to be emotional ok.

Your help will be greatly appreciated

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri May 18, 2012 8:34 pm

There are special provisions for victims of domestic violence. Gather as much evidence as you can. As long as you are not divorced and your husband is in the UK exercising treaty rights your right of residence will not be affected.

Read article 13 of the directive carefully.

Siham1982
Newly Registered

Re: Domestic violence and my EEA Spouse Visa Please HELP

Post by Siham1982 » Thu May 24, 2012 7:24 pm

Bijoux29 wrote:So here is my situation

I have posted here in the past about my situation. I met my French Husband in 2010 and we got married in 2011. After the festivities the nightmares got worse(I thought he will change). I was granted an EEA spouse visa last year in October. I then realise that he is a mythomane and a controle frick. Does not work when I spend the whole day at work. He is on benefit. I work part time and work as a language assistant and looking to become a language teacher. Until now the abuses were verbal, but two days ago it became physical and the police came and took him. He was given a simple caution and release. I personaly can not go back with him. But I know that he want so badly to hurt me(He tried to tear all my degrees and diplomas).
In the past he use to denied that he was abusif and I found myself recording everything. Fortunately for me I recorded the physical abused of yesterday.
My question now is, will my visa be revoqued if I leave him now? How long do I have to wait to file for a divorce.
This situation has affected me, I have interviews for my PGCE but I need to find a place to stay and to be emotional ok.

Your help will be greatly appreciated
Hi,
I'm in the same situation.
Married in 2011.
I have EEA family permit,
My husband abuse me.
I don't know what to do , because my Visa will expire after one month and half.
But I hope You'll have a good life soon, because this situation is very hard to live, specialy with someone you thought that he loves you !!
Hope you

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Fri May 25, 2012 9:28 am

guys please follow posts by azhaar hopefully you will have more information

http://www.immigrationboards.com/search ... hor=Azhaar

Siham1982
Newly Registered

Post by Siham1982 » Fri May 25, 2012 6:27 pm

Punjab wrote:guys please follow posts by azhaar hopefully you will have more information

http://www.immigrationboards.com/search ... hor=Azhaar
Thank you.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun May 27, 2012 3:29 pm

You should seek external help. If you have a physically violent partner, I would urge you to report it to the police. And as has been pointed out, there is special immigration support if people are in abusive relationships.