ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 dependant extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KASHIF830

Tier 1 dependant extension

Post by KASHIF830 » Fri May 25, 2012 9:00 pm

I just want ask that I have PEO appointment in 1st week of june and applying with one dependent so do I need to submit marriage certificate as my wife already had Entry Clarence from Pakistan and that time she submitted marriage certificate. Because some one told me that you must have to attach marriage certificate even Urdu version. so please can any one tell me? I will be very thank full to you..

thanks
kashif

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 25, 2012 9:07 pm

1. Does the form ask you to provide one?
2. If it does, what if the caseworker asks for the marriage certificate and you don't have it?

Just because someone else was not asked for it doesn't mean that the CW dealing with your application will also do the same.

If asked for:
Not submitting / providing one carries a risk. If you are able to take the risk then don't submit / provide it. But, if you want your application to be risk-free, then do.

IMHO .....
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

saqib389

Post by saqib389 » Fri May 25, 2012 9:37 pm

No, you dont need to provide this.

I went to PEO in Croydon on 21st May and had IT issues and then caseworker took all my documents..

I said, do you need marriage certificate and she said no because your wife already had entry clearance so you dont need to provide this.

I said, are you sure as i want to play safe then she said again NO, you dont need to provide as we dont need this so then i decided not to give her

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Fri May 25, 2012 9:46 pm

saqib389 wrote:
I said, do you need marriage certificate and she said no because your wife already had entry clearance so you dont need to provide this.
True. I have yet not seen one case where the Main applicant and its dependent spouse applied for extension and a marriage certificate was asked (provided it was provided at the time of entry clearance). It has not been asked in the extension form documents required. So you don't need to.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 25, 2012 9:56 pm

No wonder it is indeed so, because the application form doesn't even ask for it!

KASHIF830

Marriage certificate for dependent

Post by KASHIF830 » Sat May 26, 2012 7:57 am

Thanks all you my friends

you all are right as I also gone through the from there is not mention such things but you know there are some people who spread the panic thats why I asked you.

thanks
KASHIF

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 28, 2012 6:06 pm

KASHIF830 wrote:hi all

can anyone help me out that what option to choose as my wife had entry clearance from pakistan so the British embassy did not give any letter or reference number only visa on passport but one of my friend told me that in this section you have to write that red number which in on the right side of visa.. is it true?

H. Reference numbers
This section asks you to provide details of any UK Border Agency or Home Office
reference numbers that you might have which would have appeared on any documents or
correspondence we have previously sent to you. You will also be asked for your current and
any previous National Insurance numbers.

H1. Have you ever had any Home Office or UK Border Agency reference number(s) assigned to
you?

Yes Go to question H2

No Go to question H3

please help me out as its urgent..

thanks to all
KASHIF

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 28, 2012 6:11 pm

The alphanumeric code on the top right corner of the vignette is the "entry clearance or VAF number".

KASHIF830

Post by KASHIF830 » Mon May 28, 2012 9:54 pm

hi sushdmehta

thanks for your reply so what you suggest what should i write or should I choose NO please reply.
thanks
kashif