ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Genuine Marriage - Spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rainbow24

Genuine Marriage - Spouse visa

Post by rainbow24 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:52 pm

Hi folks,

Just wondered if anyone has an answer to the following question.

My husband was here in the UK illegally for 6 years. He returned earlier this year to his country Pakistan to apply for a spouse visa to return to the UK.

We were told that we could not have a civil or register marriage here in the UK because of his status, so we had a muslim marriage instead. However, we were later told by a solicitor that the marriage certificate was not valid because of his status, and that we had to go to Pakistan and do the whole marriage again. The Nikah Namma (marriage cert) had to be in English, translated into Urdu and handed over to the BHC in Islamabad. We have since done all of this and we are now waiting for a decision which should come in the next few months.

Problem is that when we got married, we had nowhere to stay so we stayed with my hubbys relative in his house. We have no evidence prooving that and I am worried that the BHC in Islamabad will reject his visa on the grounds that no evidence was provided prooving that we lived together as a couple after marriage. We did find rented accomoation (basically living in a shared house) from June onwards, and we did submitt a tenancy agreement, but prior to June we have no evidence whatsoever. All the letters, bills etc were in my hubby's relatives name as this was his house.

To top it off we have no evidence prior to us getting married prooving that we got to know each other before marriage. Because we are Muslims, we did not date each other outside of marriage as this is considered as forbidden. We got to know each other through friends who arranged supervised meetings in order that we get to know each other and find out if we are suited to each other before marriage. What if the visa is rejected because of this? I did submitt internet info which says that dating outside of marriage is forbidden, and explained this in a letter to the BHC but is this enough?

I am currently pregnant with his child, but BHC could turn around and say "your hubby only got you pregnant for a visa because there is no evidence to say that you lived together and got to know each other before marriage" they may have doubs that the marriage is not genuine. anybody got any advice or answers?

google
Newly Registered

Post by google » Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:40 am

Hi Rainbow24 ,
You dont need to worry about too much, One of my best friend's husband who was overstayer here and could not marry her So she has to travel there to get married and then they applied from there and he got his visa within 90 days.
And he is in uk now legally with 2 years visa on. And my husband is going to pakistan soon aswel but i am not sure being illegal in this country will make negative effect on his case but thats how it is.
I am not thinking for worse anyway but if he does get stuck there then i will go and live with him.
Anyway all you can do is pray for your hubby may Allah give him success in this matter (amin)

Kind regards
Laura Ali