ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa for my sister

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

msk1977

visa for my sister

Post by msk1977 » Sat May 26, 2012 11:03 am

Hi All,

I would like to invite my sister and brother-in-law to visit UK for few weeks.

I understand the process and documents required will be same as that for visa for parents. Is my assumption correct ?

Another related question is, my brother-in-law is a dialysis patient and he might have to undergo dialysis when he is here.

I would be taking care of all the hospital expenses involved.

I would like to know if i need to produce any addition documents for my brother-in-law's visa.

Any information is appreciated.

Thank you.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat May 26, 2012 11:19 am

The visa application is the same as for your parents (family visit) except that it is not permitted to visit the UK for what will be private medical treatment unless you have a special visa for that purpose.

(xi) does not intend to receive private medical treatment during his visit

If he knows for sure that he will be needing treatment before he applies for the visa, then it would be better to apply for the correct visa rather than face a situation where he is making a false declaration for a regular family visit visa.

It would be relatively straightforward to get the relevant paperwork from the clinic where you intend to treat him and use that to support the application.

I would welcome other comment on this issue.

msk1977

Post by msk1977 » Sat May 26, 2012 1:14 pm

Lucapooka, Thanks for the reply.

He will coming for tourism purpose only. But since he needs dialysis once in a week, he will have to go for atleast one or two dialysis during his stay here. I will bear the cost.

Any responses from other forum members is appreciated. Anyways I will also write to ukba to get it clarified.

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat May 26, 2012 1:29 pm

I realise he will be coming for tourism rather than for the purpose of treatment, but he will, nevertheless, be getting private treatment in the UK and knows this before he travels. I´ve already cited the paragraph from the visit visa rules that prohibits a visitor to enter the UK if they have the premeditated intention to undergo private medical treatment, so I can't see how a regular family visit visa can be issued; it would run counter to the immigration rules.

I reiterate that this may be a simple matter to resolve. A well-worded letter explaining his requirements (that are ancillary to his visit) along with evidence of the clinic and the ability to pay, will not be a problem for any fair-minded ECO. It would be much better than saying nothing but it's really up to you to decide for yourself.